Playnite Forums
Playnite Sounds Extras | Convert FLAC, WAV, OGG, AAC + more for Playnite Sounds - Printable Version

+- Playnite Forums (https://playnite.link/forum)
+-- Forum: Extension Database (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Generic Extensions (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Playnite Sounds Extras | Convert FLAC, WAV, OGG, AAC + more for Playnite Sounds (/thread-1014.html)

Playnite Sounds Extras | Convert FLAC, WAV, OGG, AAC + more for Playnite Sounds - OneAngryGamer - 12-06-2021

This extension adds extra features to the incredible Playnite Sounds plugin by joyrider3774

The new functionality that it adds:
  1. Adds a file picker to easily import mp3s into games
  2. Scans the database and tags all games that don't have a mp3 set up for Playnite Sounds
  3. Scans the Playnite Sounds to find all unlinked mp3s and moves them to another folder for repair

This is an amalgamation of other extensions I created for Playnite Sounds. You should delete the following extensions (they are no longer needed) before importing this:
  • Add Tags - Playnite Sounds
  • Fix Unlinked Files - Playnite Sounds
  • Import Media - Playnite Sounds

Requirements:
  • Playnite Sounds plugin v2 to v3.1 only (No support for v4)
  • Not compatible with Playnite 9.0 or higher
  • (Optional - but the conversion feature will not work without it) FFmpeg https://ffmpeg.org/download.html

RE: Playnite Sounds Extras | add extra features to Playnite Sounds - OneAngryGamer - 12-07-2021

Import mp3 to Playnite Sounds

One of the things that I want in Playnite Sounds is the ability to import mp3s. This would solve the need to open the ExtensionsData folder for Playnite Sounds, open the correct platform folder, copy the mp3 from your folder of OSTs, paste it into the correct platform folder then rename the mp3 to a Windows file system friendly version of the game name.

This extension includes this ability. You right click on your game, select the mp3 file and it will do all the rest.

Several errors checks have been built-in (e.g. missing folder, no file selected, incorrect extension, file copy failed etc.) and it will notify you should it encounter any issue while importing.

Find and move all unlinked mp3s

This compares the Playnite Sounds mp3s with your database to find unlinked files. (Common occurrence. Renaming a game in Playnite will cause the mp3 to no longer play because the game name and mp3 name no longer match)

Any mp3s that do not have a matching game+platform in Playnite will be moved to a new location. After the extension finishes running, manually rename the mp3s before moving them to your Playnite Sounds music folder. (Better still - just use the file picker to re-import these mp3s for the correct games)

RE: Playnite Sounds Extras | add extra features to Playnite Sounds - OneAngryGamer - 12-20-2021

Uploaded v1.1.0
  • moved most of the menu items from game menu to main menu - leaving only the import mp3 on game menu
  • updated functions
  • code altered to allow for paths containing wildcard pattern characters (not tested)
  • other code changes

RE: Playnite Sounds Extras | add extra features to Playnite Sounds - OneAngryGamer - 02-07-2022

Update Announcement v1.1.1
  • Visually separate the menu items between those added by the Playnite Sounds plugin and the new features added by this extension.
  • Auto hide the 'Fix Unlinked Files menu if the user has never installed any of the 'Fix Unlinked Files' extensions.

RE: Playnite Sounds Extras | add extra features to Playnite Sounds - xCeeTee - 02-12-2022

I love this update, it's awesome thank you! Do you think it would be possible to have multiple pieces of music? There are so many I hear on Master Chief Collection, I'd love for it to shuffle the songs like it does in the menus. Some days I sit in the menu for 30 minutes while doing something else, it'd be nice to just do it in Playnite.

RE: Playnite Sounds Extras | add extra features to Playnite Sounds - xCeeTee - 02-13-2022

Today the extension has failed to load every time I open Playnite. I have tried reinstalling it but still no joy. It's the only extension so far that's failed to load so I'm not sure if there's anything else I can try to fix it.

RE: Playnite Sounds Extras | add extra features to Playnite Sounds - OneAngryGamer - 02-15-2022

(02-12-2022, 01:29 PM)xCeeTee Wrote: Do you think it would be possible to have multiple pieces of music?

Such a feature would need to be added to the main plugin (Playnite Sounds) made by joyrider3774

(02-13-2022, 10:51 AM)xCeeTee Wrote: Today the extension has failed to load every time I open Playnite. I have tried reinstalling it but still no joy. It's the only extension so far that's failed to load so I'm not sure if there's anything else I can try to fix it.
Have you recently updated Playnite and/or the Playnite Sounds plugin?

This extension is currently not compatible with Playnite v9 and not compatible with Playnite Sounds v4

RE: Playnite Sounds Extras | Convert WAV, OGG + more for Playnite Sounds (FFmpeg)) - OneAngryGamer - 04-05-2022

Update Announcement v1.2.0

NEW FEATURE - convert common audio formats for import into Playnite Sounds
  • FLAC
  • WAV
  • OGG,OGA
  • AAC
  • WMA

NEW FEATURE - extract audio from video files for import into Playnite Sounds

• AVI
  • MP4
NEW FEATURE - convert tracker music and other game music files for import into Playnite Sounds
  • MOD
  • XM
  • IT
  • UMX (e.g. Deus Ex)
  • ADX
  • VOC
  • XA (PlayStation)
  • SPC (SNES/Super Nintendo Entertainment System)

To use the new features, you need to download FFmpeg and place the exe into a folder named tools in the extension data folder.

You can still use the extension without FFmpeg but the conversions will not work.

RE: Playnite Sounds Extras | Convert FLAC, WAV, OGG, AAC + more for Playnite Sounds - OneAngryGamer - 06-09-2022

Upcoming feature in next release - compare your soundtracks with games that don't have a mp3 set for Playnite Sounds.

It is working but the feature is unusable without my unreleased extension for soundtracks.

RE: Playnite Sounds Extras | Convert FLAC, WAV, OGG, AAC + more for Playnite Sounds - OneAngryGamer - 08-05-2022

Some improvements added:
added new format for FFmpeg conversion
add running time warning (including optional cancel) to 'Tag all games missing a mp3 for Playnite Sounds'
add running time to results of 'Tag all games missing a mp3 for Playnite Sounds'