Playnite Forums
Mythic | Theme inspired by Epic Games Launcher - Printable Version

+- Playnite Forums (https://playnite.link/forum)
+-- Forum: Extension Database (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Themes - Desktop (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Mythic | Theme inspired by Epic Games Launcher (/thread-1136.html)

Mythic | Theme inspired by Epic Games Launcher - darklinkpower - 02-15-2022

Mythic | Theme inspired by Epic Games Launcher

Description

Theme inspired by Epic Games Launcher for Playnite Desktop Mode.

GitHub Repository: https://github.com/darklinkpower/Mythic

Feature requests and bug reports:
Create an issue on the theme GitHub repository after verifying it doesn't already exists.
Make sure to fill all the requested information when opening the issue.

I don't use the forums frequently so please use GitHub for requests and bug reports. You can join the Playnite discord where I am active if you have questions or need support. Theme is considered unfinished, you can report any bugs or suggestions in the GitHub repository.

Theme goals

• Use the Steam client as inspiration to create a polished Playnite UI.
  • Achieve a more modern and clean design with the chosen pallete and things like rounded corners in certain elements like the windows, borders, buttons and controls.
  • Improve the user experience with small animations in certain parts.
  • Change the aesthetic without affecting functionality.
  • Polish certain parts of the UI to give a better user experience.
  • Achieve features that are not available by default on Playnite via community extensions.
Installation

Option A. Download from the Addons browser in Playnite.
Option B. Click here to start the install process
Option C. Download the latest package from here and open it

Functionalities and features

• Full support for features available in the default Playnite Desktop themes
  • Customization: Customization of certain aspects of the theme can be done via custom integration of the ThemeModifier extension.
  • Achievements: via custom integration of the SuccessStory extension.
  • HowLongToBeat data: via custom integration of the HowLongToBeat extension.
  • Game statistics: via custom integration of the GameActivity extension.
  • Duplicate copies handling: via custom integration of the DuplicateHider extension.
  • Logos: Via Extra Metadata Loader extension.
  • Videos: Via Extra Metadata Loader extension.
Screenshots

[Image: screenshot_01.jpg]

[Image: screenshot_02.jpg]

[Image: screenshot_03.jpg]

[Image: screenshot_04.jpg]

RE: Mythic | Theme inspired by Epic Games Launcher - Zerian - 02-15-2022

Hey, I really like the theme so far with logos, videos and duplicate game finder integration.
What I'd really like to change though, is the big red "Play" button, and I can't find a way to change a color of it.
Is there some setting in Theme Modifier that I'm missing?

RE: Mythic | Theme inspired by Epic Games Launcher - sheepbeep - 02-15-2022

The red color for "Play" is really jarring.

Also, the colorful icons from Stardust would be neat.

Another thing I discovered: There is no (theme editor) setting for configuring the darkening of the background picture in the details view.

RE: Mythic | Theme inspired by Epic Games Launcher - darklinkpower - 03-29-2022

Thread locked

If you need support, want to request a feature, report a bug or simply ask a question, please use the means mentioned in the main post.

The reason for this is because it's very difficult and time consuming for me to check, keep track and reply in all the different threads for all the themes and extensions I have in the forums, which are over 30 now. I hope you can be understanding of this and I'm sorry for any inconvenience this can cause.