Playnite Forums
Cant open settings menu. - Printable Version

+- Playnite Forums (https://playnite.link/forum)
+-- Forum: Playnite (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Support and Troubleshooting (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Cant open settings menu. (/thread-249.html)

Pages: 1 2

Cant open settings menu. - Xrckjx - 04-20-2020

When I click on the orange controller  in the top left of the screen it doesnt open the menu.

It has previously but now it wont.

I'm using windows 10 build 1903
i9 9900k, 2080ti, 32gb DDR4, 2TB SSD.

I love Playnite and have got it to look and perform how I want it to but I wanted to check options now and I've stumbled upon this issue

RE: Cant open settings menu. - Crow - 04-21-2020

People reported this recently on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/playnite/comments/g2fger/can_no_longer_add_games_libraries/

It "magically" started working for them again.

I don't know what's causing it, but it must be something outside of Playnite because there was no change to menus or UI in Playnite for several months now.

RE: Cant open settings menu. - tmeedend - 05-01-2020

Hi, I have also this problem. If I restart Playnite, it works again. I have a similar problem with the category filter not working if I use its combobox (entering manually a word works). If I restart Playnite, it works again.

RE: Cant open settings menu. - Crow - 05-02-2020

Are you switching Windows DPI settings while Playnite is running by any chance?

RE: Cant open settings menu. - tmeedend - 05-02-2020

Hi,

I didn't change any DPI settings. I dont' manage to find the steps to reproduce. I have 2 monitors, a TV and a LCD monitor. The only things I do these days is using kodi on the TV for my daughter while using Cemu on my monitor. But I have tried this morning to reproduce without success.

There must be something at one point which causes Playnite menu to stop working but I cannot find what. How can I help to find out ? Maybe starting Playnite with some debug logs ?

Thank you.

Menu rendering is completely handled by UI toolkit we use (WPF), there's nothing I can add to logs to diagnose this. I've been able to reproduce this only once myself, but I have no idea how or how to fix. Unless somebody figures out how to reproduce it on demand, then I'm afraid there's nothing I can do about it.

Ok ... It has happened again while I was eating for lunch. I have not launched a game or a change with my monitors.
The only thing that happened is that my computer went to sleep mode (not hibernate). But I have also tried to reproduce by myself by going to sleep mode manually and I don't reproduce Sad

So maybe it has something to do with inactivity ? Also I have noted that Playnite was minimized in the systray. I am giving all these details in case it can help in the future to try to find out what causes this problem ...

What is the component of WPF used for this menu ?

(05-02-2020, 11:35 AM)tmeedend Wrote: What is the component of WPF used for this menu ?

It's just a standard ContextMenu.

I just had an idea about what could be causing this. I'll prepare debug build tomorrow.

ok thank you. Ask me If you need some more information or help on anything ...

RE: Cant open settings menu. - Crow - 05-03-2020

Can you please try it with these files? https://playnite.link/download/MenuIssueDebug.zip

After the issue happens, please generate diagnostics package for me (from "About Playnite" menu).

RE: Cant open settings menu. - tmeedend - 05-03-2020

I cannot run this program, are you sure it's working ?

RE: Cant open settings menu. - Crow - 05-03-2020

It's definitely working, you need to use these and replace files in Playnite's installation directory.

Ok it works now I didn't understand I had to copy the files in the install dir.

I will upload the debug logs as soon as I reproduce. I don't know when it will come back ...

Thank you

It's happening again with the debug .exe ! How can I send the logs ? I cannot open the menu to send them because of the bug ...

RE: Cant open settings menu. - darklinkpower - 05-04-2020

Press F1, press "Create .diag package" and post here the diagnostics ID.

RE: Cant open settings menu. - Crow - 05-04-2020

You can also generate it after you restarted Playnite.

RE: Cant open settings menu. - tmeedend - 05-04-2020

Here : 6e902235-43da-4d8b-be65-915ee27f1dc5

As I said before, the checkboxes in the "category" filter are also not working anymore : this is the report after reproducing this bug also : dccf0f89-9163-4085-9d68-0d1c7bcc29f2

RE: Cant open settings menu. - Crow - 05-04-2020

Thanks for the diag. package. I now know where the issue is, it will be fixed in 7.7 update.

RE: Cant open settings menu. - tmeedend - 05-04-2020

Perfect ! Good to hear ! If you did not reproduce to fix, I can check the fix if you want before the release.