Playnite Forums
DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - Printable Version

+- Playnite Forums (https://playnite.link/forum)
+-- Forum: Extension Database (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Generic Extensions (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies (/thread-308.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - joyrider3774 - 10-26-2020

thanks for this plugin and updating it

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - boffy - 11-10-2020

This is a great addition to Playnite! Are you still interested in feedback on duplicates it isn't yet detecting? If so, do you want them in this thread like people have done above, or is there another method which would be more convenient for you?

I ask because it's currently showing Broken Sword 1 - Shadow of the Templars: Director's Cut (Steam) and Broken Sword: Director's Cut (Humble) separately. Same issue with Please, Don’t Touch Anything (Steam) and Please Don't Touch Anything (Humble).

Regardless of whether or not you have the time or inclination to respond, thanks for creating and sharing this extension.

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - felixkmh - 11-10-2020

Hi boffy,

thanks for the feedback. I don't think my current approach would work on titles like "Broken Sword 1 - Shadow of the Templars: Director's Cut" and "Broken Sword: Director's Cut". They are just too different. A way to still determine whether those games are the same is to query some online game database like IGDB, to check if both games map to the same game there. But I am not planning on doing that at the moment. Btw, if you change the titles to be the same and the automatic rank update is enabled, it will automatically hide one of them instantly.

The other one actually puzzled me for a minute, but it turned out that I already filtered out the ' in Don't, but not the ’ used in the other title (which look very similar in bold text). So I added that to the special character filter and will update the plugin shortly.

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - AudieMurphy135 - 12-21-2020

The priority function no longer seems to be working correctly. I have Steam set to the highest priority, and yet it is hiding games that are on Steam instead of other platforms. It seems to be random in which platform it hides. I'm using both the latest version of this plugin and Playnite. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin, along with deleting the data folder for this plugin.

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - felixkmh - 12-21-2020

Hi,

I made a debug version of the plugin which I attach here.
It has a new menu function called "Serialize Index Data" which prompts you to save a file and opens it. The entries for each group of games should be sorted by their score and the one with the lowest score should be the only one being visible, all others should be hidden. You can check if something is going wrong there. You can also send the file to me so I can have a look (maybe along with the plugin's config.json, which contains your settings for DuplicateHider), if you're comfortable with that. You can find the config file under Settings->Extensions->Generic->DuplicateHider->Data directory.
I haven't encountered that issue myself, so I am not sure what the issue is here.

(12-21-2020, 06:37 PM)felixkmh Wrote: Hi,

I made a debug version of the plugin which I attach here.
It has a new menu function called "Serialize Index Data" which prompts you to save a file and opens it. The entries for each group of games should be sorted by their score and the one with the lowest score should be the only one being visible, all others should be hidden. You can check if something is going wrong there. You can also send the file to me so I can have a look (maybe along with the plugin's config.json, which contains your settings for DuplicateHider), if you're comfortable with that. You can find the config file under Settings->Extensions->Generic->DuplicateHider->Data directory.
I haven't encountered that issue myself, so I am not sure what the issue is here.

When using the "Serialize Index Data" function, I get an error saying:

"Failed to execute menu action.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

I set the theme to default and disabled all other extensions to be sure it wasn't conflicting with something. No luck.

Could you try it again with this version and see if you get a better error message? You can also check the playnite log for information on the error at %appdata%\Playnite\playnite.log

(12-21-2020, 06:58 PM)felixkmh Wrote: Could you try it again with this version and see if you get a better error message? You can also check the playnite log for information on the error at %appdata%\Playnite\playnite.log

Same error.

In playnite.log, it says this in regards to the error:

21-12 12:02:12.513|ERROR|MainMenu:Main menu extension action failed.
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  at DuplicateHider.DuplicateHider.<GetMainMenuItems>b__25_7(MainMenuItemActionArgs context) in D:\Programmierung\DuplicateHider\DuplicateHider.cs:line 290
  at Playnite.DesktopApp.Controls.MainMenu.<>c__DisplayClass14_2.<AddExtensionItems>b__1(Object _, RoutedEventArgs __) in E:\Devel\Playnite\source\Playnite.DesktopApp\Controls\MainMenu.cs:line 358

I think this should fix that error

(12-21-2020, 07:13 PM)felixkmh Wrote: I think this should fix that error

It works! And I also found out the issue was. It was an error on my part.

I noticed that all of the games had their SourceName set to "Undefined" in the .json file that was generated. It turns out, when I went to clear and redo the metadata the other day, I wasn't aware that the metadata for each game's Source wasn't re-added. I manually added the Source for all my games, and now it works fine.

Thanks for the help. Sorry if I was a pain!

Nice, I'm happy we were able to work that one out Big Grin

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - binarymelon - 01-05-2021

Not sure if this is intentional, but it doesn't seem like it's possible to flag an item that has duplicates as hidden.

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - felixkmh - 01-05-2021

(01-05-2021, 02:09 PM)binarymelon Wrote: Not sure if this is intentional, but it doesn't seem like it's possible to flag an item that has duplicates as hidden.

This is intentional, in that the copy with the highest priority will always be unhidden when the database is updated and the "Update Rank Automatically" option is enabled. This is because I have no way of telling whether a game was hidden by DuplicateHider or manually by the user. If I didn't do that, it could happen that all copies of a game are hidden, which might be confusing as well. A way around this is either disabling the "Update Rank Automatically" option or by adding all copies that you want to hide manually to the Ignore List using the "DuplicateHider->Add selected Games to Ignore List" menu function. Games in that list are never touched by this extension.

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - felixkmh - 01-05-2021

(01-05-2021, 02:09 PM)binarymelon Wrote: Not sure if this is intentional, but it doesn't seem like it's possible to flag an item that has duplicates as hidden.

I uploaded a new version that provides an option that can prevent this behaviour. It does so by automatically adding games to the Ignore List if their visibility is changed outside of DuplicateHider (either by other extensions or manually by the user). It is disabled by default, so if you want to use it you have to enable it first.

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - dalek - 01-08-2021

Hi, installed the plugin (v2.3.1) and getting this when I try to run it. I installed it, restarted and then sorted the priorities and then pressed hide duplicates, did I miss something?

[Image: TGwujee.png]

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - felixkmh - 01-08-2021

(01-08-2021, 11:35 AM)dalek Wrote: Hi, installed the plugin (v2.3.1) and getting this when I try to run it. I installed it, restarted and then sorted the priorities and then pressed hide duplicates, did I miss something?

[Image: TGwujee.png]

Hi dalek,

can you try again with the attached debug version and give me the associated excerpt from "%appdata%\Playnite\playnite.log"?
[attachment=1266]

Actually, I think this might already fix it. Please try again with the attached version and tell me if it works.
[attachment=1267]

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - dalek - 01-08-2021

Thank you for the quick response.

Tried with the second one and it worked Smile

[Image: KWMQ4ap.png]

Luckily after manually deleting 5 games I checked around here, this saved me really a lot of time!

I forgot something, is there a way to see the games that were deleted? I checked if it added a tag or something but couldn't find.

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - felixkmh - 01-08-2021

You're welcome Big Grin
It does not delete games, it hides them. You can show the hidden games by acitvating the "Hidden" filter. But no, there is no way to tell whether a game was hidden by yourself, or by this extension.
[Image: Screenshot-2021-01-08-193548.png]

What you can do, is to enable the "Show Copies in Game Menu" option and right click on a game with duplicates. Under "Other copies", you will see which games DuplicateHider determined to be copies of it (only works if "Hide Duplicates" or "Reveal Duplicates" was used before in the same session).

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - dalek - 01-09-2021

Yeah, meant hidden, my bad. Missed that, I knew there was a way! That's more than enough, I just wanted to check why I had so many repeats. It ended being all the freebies on Epic and GOG Connect ones, I was worried for a minute haha.

Thanks again!

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - JAXi - 03-03-2021

Dunno if this has been asked before, but is there a way for it to ignore words like "Legendary Edition", "Ultimate Edition", "Complete Edition" etc. Like force it to keep the order that's set in the settings (Steam-Origin etc).