Playnite Forums
DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - Printable Version

+- Playnite Forums (https://playnite.link/forum)
+-- Forum: Extension Database (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Generic Extensions (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies (/thread-308.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - felixkmh - 03-03-2021

(03-03-2021, 09:57 AM)JAXi Wrote: Dunno if this has been asked before, but is there a way for it to ignore words like "Legendary Edition", "Ultimate Edition", "Complete Edition" etc. Like force it to keep the order that's set in the settings (Steam-Origin etc).

Currently that is not something this plugin does. And I won't make it its default behaviour, because I think generally different editions of a game are different enough not to be considered the same game.

Something I could do is add the option for users to specify custom replacement rules which are applied to the game names before processing them.
For example:
"Legendary Edition" -> ""
"Ultimate Edition" -> ""
"Complete Edition" -> ""
which would replace these Edition tags by empty strings, basically removing them. If a game name only differed in that way, they would be considered the same afterwards.

Would that work for you?

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - felixkmh - 03-04-2021

I implemented the feature I mentioned above, so you can give it a try and see if it fits your needs.

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - dr0mo - 04-25-2021

(03-04-2021, 01:29 AM)felixkmh Wrote: I implemented the feature I mentioned above, so you can give it a try and see if it fits your needs.

Thank you for this extension, it's really helping me organize my library.

With the last version i am using the custom replacement rule to hide a hackrom of another game. It is working even if the name of hackrom is different from the original game, Like this for example:

[Image: 1fr-dr.png]
[Image: 2fr-dr.png]

But it seems like i'm limited to only one rule, so if i try to add another rule to the same game it doesn't work. 

[Image: 3fr-from.png]

It'll only hide the first rule and ignore the second. Like in the screenshot above, Pokemon Fire Red Omega it's not hidden like Dark Rising is. Is there any way to make something like (Poke FR > Poke FR Omega & Poke Dark Rising) so it can show in the game menu? Thanks again for the extension.

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - felixkmh - 04-26-2021

Hi dr0mo,

glad you like the extension. I think what you are trying to do is achievable by switching the left and right side of each rule. These rules are applied in the order in which they appear in the list. So after the first rule is applied, the new (internal) name for "Pokemon FireRed Version" becomes "Pokemon Dark Rising". So after the first rule is applied, there are no more games called "Pokemon FireRed Version" and the second rule does nothing.

So by switching the left and right side of each rule, "Pokemon Dark Rising" and "Pokemon Fire Red Omega" will become "Pokemon FireRed Version" and therefore these games will be treated as copies of it.

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - dr0mo - 04-26-2021

(04-26-2021, 01:52 AM)felixkmh Wrote: Hi dr0mo,

glad you like the extension. I think what you are trying to do is achievable by switching the left and right side of each rule. These rules are applied in the order in which they appear in the list. So after the first rule is applied, the new (internal) name for "Pokemon FireRed Version" becomes "Pokemon Dark Rising". So after the first rule is applied, there are no more games called "Pokemon FireRed Version" and the second rule does nothing.

So by switching the left and right side of each rule, "Pokemon Dark Rising" and "Pokemon Fire Red Omega" will become "Pokemon FireRed Version" and therefore these games will be treated as copies of it.

Yep, that did the trick

[Image: a.png]

Just one more question about the placeholder strings. Is there a year variable? So it also shows the release date - ex(Pokemon Dark Rising - 2012 - Nintendo Game Boy Advance) Thanks for the help!

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - felixkmh - 04-26-2021

I added some properties of the PlayniteSDK.Models.Game class as replacement variables. This also includes a "ReleaseYear" variable. I haven't tested it much, so be warned, but you can give it a try.

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - dr0mo - 04-26-2021

(04-26-2021, 03:28 AM)felixkmh Wrote: I added some properties of the PlayniteSDK.Models.Game class as replacement variables. This also includes a "ReleaseYear" variable. I haven't tested it much, so be warned, but you can give it a try.
It's working, thanks!

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - Alex - 04-27-2021

Hi,
It'd be cool if you have an extra button next to the Play button for this.

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - felixkmh - 04-28-2021

I added that feature along with the other ones I tested into the latest release (2.5.0). Note that in order for the button to be placed correctly, the play button needs to be placed directly into a horizontal stack panel. If that is not the case with your current theme, it might not work correctly.

This feature is disabled by default. The "Enable UI Integration" option needs to be checked in order to enable it.

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - Cr3ViL - 05-15-2021

Hi, is priority function still work? I tried to change config.json file adding platform names but it didn't work and always get back to "undefined". Also I want to ask if this work with other fields like Region, like to keep only USA roms and hide the rest.

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - felixkmh - 05-15-2021

(05-15-2021, 10:51 AM)Cr3ViL Wrote: Hi, is priority function still work? I tried to change config.json file adding platform names but it didn't work and always get back to "undefined". Also I want to ask if this work with other fields like Region, like to keep only USA roms and hide the rest.

Hi Cr3ViL,

you should not need to edit config.json to add platforms. You can go to the settings menu and add them there:
Type in the textbox to filter for platforms and check the platforms you want to include.
[Image: grafik.png]

With regards to your other question about prioritizing by region: Sorry, but that is currently not possible. Duplicates are only sorted based on their source.

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - burnpsy - 06-10-2021

Love this add-on, but any chance you could add a way to set priority between different versions of a game from the same store? Whether manual or by release date.

There are some occasional games that, for example, have two versions with the same name, but the old version is removed from Steam (aside from existing owners). It seems to be a coin flip whether this extension will prioritize the old or new release.

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - felixkmh - 06-10-2021

(06-10-2021, 12:02 AM)burnpsy Wrote: Love this add-on, but any chance you could add a way to set priority between different versions of a game from the same store? Whether manual or by release date.

There are some occasional games that, for example, have two versions with the same name, but the old version is removed from Steam (aside from existing owners). It seems to be a coin flip whether this extension will prioritize the old or new release.

I added a new option that lets you decide whether to prefer older or newer games in case the scores are the same. You can try it to see if it gives you the behaviour you want.

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - burnpsy - 06-10-2021

(06-10-2021, 01:33 PM)felixkmh Wrote:
(06-10-2021, 12:02 AM)burnpsy Wrote: Love this add-on, but any chance you could add a way to set priority between different versions of a game from the same store? Whether manual or by release date.

I added a new option that lets you decide whether to prefer older or newer games in case the scores are the same. You can try it to see if it gives you the behaviour you want.

This is perfect, thanks!

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - darklinkpower - 07-01-2021

Hello, has something changed in recent versions regarding automatic hiding? I updated my library and a duplicate game got added but it was not hidden automatically as it always has done

[Image: SqZwNer.jpeg]

The game that should have been hidden is from Amazon:
[Image: 7Ylac5z.png]

Amazon is in the last place in settings while Steam is on top:

[Image: 6NCHaJz.png]

Using the "Hide duplicates" menu function correctly set the duplicate game as Hidden

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - felixkmh - 07-01-2021

Is this happening with every newly added duplicate or only in this one case?
I am not able to reproduce this and I don't remember changing anything about the automatic update behaviour recently. Could you check whether the value for "UpdateAutomatically" in the config.json is set correctly?

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - darklinkpower - 07-01-2021

I just checked again by removing the game and updating the library and the game got correctly set as Hidden, no idea what happened here. The only thing that I did was go to the plugin settings page, maybe it updated the Sources list for handling duplicates? In any case the issue is gone.

Also not sure if it's intentional but is it intended for the text boxes in the regex area to be very thin? As seen in my screenshot in my post above.

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - felixkmh - 07-01-2021

They should always be sized to fit their content, so if they are empty they will be very thin. They should grow if you enter some text. I might set a minimum width in the future.

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - Jeshibu - 07-22-2021

How do I prevent reboots with the same name as the original being filtered away? This might've been covered earlier but if so I missed it. This has happened with Tomb Raider (1996 and 2013) and Prey (2006 and 2017).

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - felixkmh - 07-22-2021

(07-22-2021, 12:46 PM)Jeshibu Wrote: How do I prevent reboots with the same name as the original being filtered away? This might've been covered earlier but if so I missed it. This has happened with Tomb Raider (1996 and 2013) and Prey (2006 and 2017).

As only the name is considered when checking for duplicates, there is no way right now to prevent this behaviour automatically. You can either add the games to the ignore list so DuplicateHider won't touch them (by selecting the games in question and using the Extension Menu -> DuplicateHider -> Add Selected Games to Ignore List), or by renaming at least one of the games such that they will not be considered the same anymore (e.g. add the year at the end of the name, like "Tomb Raider (1996)").