Playnite Forums
DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - Printable Version

+- Playnite Forums (https://playnite.link/forum)
+-- Forum: Extension Database (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Generic Extensions (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies (/thread-308.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - vincolus - 07-29-2021

A great extension. It should come with Playnite by default! :thumbsUp:
I think, some default settings should be changed, but that may be only me.
Posting a screen, maybe it helps someone.

[Image: FhIhQ81.png]

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - Freak2121 - 08-04-2021

I just signed up here to mention this, because it was something I was wondering too. If you'd like this extension to sort and hide your duplicate ROMs by giving priority to one region over another, you should just add custom sources such as "USA ROM" or "Japan ROM," add the sources according to the region of the ROM, and sort the priorities in the plugin settings. Then it should work perfectly. Smile

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - felixkmh - 09-03-2021

Version 3.0 has been released for the Playnite 9 Beta that was released today (see here for more info). It can be installed using the new Add-On Browser introduced with Playnite 9, where you will also find the new settings view for DuplicateHider. This new version will not work with Playnite 8.

The biggest change with v3.0 is the custom UI integration enabled by Playnite 9. To demonstrate what can be done with it I also created a Theme (DH_Night, Theme Forum Post). In order for this to work you need to enable the UI Integration (disabled by default) in the DuplicateHider settings and have a theme that supports said integration, like DH_Night.

If you are interested in testing the integration for other themes, have a look at the DuplicateHider Github repository's readme.md and the wiki.

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - ferrell - 09-04-2021

Hey! Good evening! Is there any way that we can help translating this extension?

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - felixkmh - 09-04-2021

I just set up the crowdin project for that: https://crwd.in/duplicatehider

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - ferrell - 09-04-2021

I just went through all the strings for brazilian portuguese! Thanks a lot!

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - felixkmh - 09-04-2021

Nice, thank you Big Grin

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - Braxusz - 10-08-2021

I just downloaded this as my first extension, and I think its a great utility. I am however having some issues getting it to show the button for selection as well as the dropdown being able to be clicked. When I click on the dropdown, nothing happens. I then restarted my client, and now the dropdown isn't there anymore.

I am using the default theme on version 8.15

Thanks!

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - felixkmh - 10-08-2021

(10-08-2021, 02:07 AM)Braxusz Wrote: I just downloaded this as my first extension, and I think its a great utility.  I am however having some issues getting it to show the button for selection as well as the dropdown being able to be clicked.  When I click on the dropdown, nothing happens.  I then restarted my client, and now the dropdown isn't there anymore.

Thanks!

Hi, the popup only shows up if a game actually has at least one duplicate (also only if UI Integration is enabled in the plugin settings, maybe the setting wasn't saved correctly), maybe that is why you don't see it most of the time. Does the game context menu also not show any other copies for games that you know has duplicates (needs to be enabled in the plugin settings)?
You could also check if something shows up in the playnite.log file either when starting Playnite or when selecting a game you know has duplicates, that indicates something going wrong.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the UI integration only works for the list view for Playnite 8. With the upcoming release of Playnite 9, the way the UI integration works will change, then it is up to the theme creator where to put something like the dropdown menu.

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - Braxusz - 10-09-2021

(10-08-2021, 08:44 AM)felixkmh Wrote:
(10-08-2021, 02:07 AM)Braxusz Wrote: I just downloaded this as my first extension, and I think its a great utility.  I am however having some issues getting it to show the button for selection as well as the dropdown being able to be clicked.  When I click on the dropdown, nothing happens.  I then restarted my client, and now the dropdown isn't there anymore.

Thanks!

Quote:Hi, the popup only shows up if a game actually has at least one duplicate (also only if UI Integration is enabled in the plugin settings, maybe the setting wasn't saved correctly), maybe that is why you don't see it most of the time. Does the game context menu also not show any other copies for games that you know has duplicates (needs to be enabled in the plugin settings)?
You could also check if something shows up in the playnite.log file either when starting Playnite or when selecting a game you know has duplicates, that indicates something going wrong.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the UI integration only works for the list view for Playnite 8. With the upcoming release of Playnite 9, the way the UI integration works will change, then it is up to the theme creator where to put something like the dropdown menu.

Does the dropdown only show up if two versions are installed, or simply if they are duplicates?  I have tons of dupes (thanks to giveaways) but none of those games have a functional dropdown for some reason. UI Integration is enabled, and list view is all I use.

For instance, I have two betas of BF 2042, when I hide them, no matter what I do I cannot use the dropdown for it.

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - felixkmh - 10-10-2021

(10-09-2021, 02:09 AM)Braxus Wrote: Does the dropdown only show up if two versions are installed, or simply if they are duplicates?  I have tons of dupes (thanks to giveaways) but none of those games have a functional dropdown for some reason. UI Integration is enabled, and list view is all I use.

For instance, I have two betas of BF 2042, when I hide them, no matter what I do I cannot use the dropdown for it.

The game menu entry as well as the extension of the play button should appear as soon as a game is selected that has at least one duplicate.
Is hiding the duplicates in general working for you? Do you have the Automatic Update option enabled? And like I said, can you check %APPDATA%\Playnite\playnite.log for logged errors either when starting Playnite or when selecting a game with at least one duplicate in the details view? Otherwise it is hard to tell what is going wrong.

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - eminaguil - 10-16-2021

(09-03-2021, 10:12 PM)felixkmh Wrote: Version 3.0 has been released for the Playnite 9 Beta that was released today (see here for more info). It can be installed using the new Add-On Browser introduced with Playnite 9, where you will also find the new settings view for DuplicateHider. This new version will not work with Playnite 8.

The biggest change with v3.0 is the custom UI integration enabled by Playnite 9. To demonstrate what can be done with it I also created a Theme (DH_Night, Theme Forum Post). In order for this to work you need to enable the UI Integration (disabled by default) in the DuplicateHider settings and have a theme that supports said integration, like DH_Night.

If you are interested in testing the integration for other themes, have a look at the DuplicateHider Github repository's readme.md and the wiki.

Hi,
Excellent plugin. 
I want to show the platform if the the UI integration is disabled.
Is there a way to  know if  it's enable / disabled ??

Thanks.

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - felixkmh - 10-17-2021

(10-16-2021, 11:22 PM)eminaguil Wrote:
(09-03-2021, 10:12 PM)felixkmh Wrote: Version 3.0 has been released for the Playnite 9 Beta that was released today (see here for more info). It can be installed using the new Add-On Browser introduced with Playnite 9, where you will also find the new settings view for DuplicateHider. This new version will not work with Playnite 8.

Hi,
Excellent plugin. 
I want to show the platform if the the UI integration is disabled.
Is there a way to  know if  it's enable / disabled ??

Thanks.

Hi,
glad you like this add-on. But I am afraid I don't really get what your question is about. If you don't want to use the UI integration, then you need to enable the "Show Copies in Game Menu" option, and put the variables you want into the display string (right clicking the textbox brings up a list of available variables, including the SourceName and Platform). Doing this will show a new entry in the game menu when right clicking a game with duplicates.

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - ariesps - 10-17-2021

Great extension!! Thanks for your work.

Is there any chance, or way to do it now, to support field "version" as a way to make difference between two games? For example God of War and God of War HD Edition. I also use version to separate between standard editions, goty editions, remastered versions..etc

Also, is there any plan to support platform priority from same source/library? Example PlayStation 5 over PlayStation 4 where library is PlayStation.

Thanks!

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - TheConceptionist - 10-17-2021

(05-15-2021, 11:32 AM)felixkmh Wrote: With regards to your other question about prioritizing by region: Sorry, but that is currently not possible. Duplicates are only sorted based on their source.
Is there any kind of possibility of this being added in the future? This would be a great feature, especially for emulated games from different regions all listed under one "source".

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - felixkmh - 10-17-2021

(10-17-2021, 08:38 PM)TheConceptionist Wrote:
(05-15-2021, 11:32 AM)felixkmh Wrote: With regards to your other question about prioritizing by region: Sorry, but that is currently not possible. Duplicates are only sorted based on their source.
Is there any kind of possibility of this being added in the future? This would be a great feature, especially for emulated games from different regions all listed under one "source".

I originally did not plan for something other than the source to compute a score. But as multiple people have asked to prioritize by something other than that, I might rework how the scoring works. The idea is a more generic approach: The user would be able to add any number of aspects to set prioritys for. If one aspect cannot disambiguate between two games, the next one will be used, and then the next and so on. You could set up priorities for your priorities so to say. These aspects could then be any number of things: Source, Installation Status, Name, Region, Platform and so on.

(10-17-2021, 12:52 PM)ariesps Wrote: Great extension!! Thanks for your work.

Is there any chance, or way to do it now, to support field "version" as a way to make difference between two games? For example God of War and God of War HD Edition. I also use version to separate between standard editions, goty editions, remastered versions..etc

Also, is there any plan to support platform priority from same source/library? Example PlayStation 5 over PlayStation 4 where library is PlayStation.

Thanks!

I am unsure about something like the Version field, as there is no predifened list of values this could have.

But I cannot promise this will happen very soon.

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - azumukupoe - 10-19-2021

Could you add an option to disable automatic hiding?
I just want to use your add-on to to check if there's multiple copies

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - DragRedSim - 10-19-2021

Just wanted to voice my support for the extension of the priority rules to encompass other functionality. My preference order for games is to load the Microsoft Store version of a game (for achievements), then the Steam version, then Xbox console; but since both console and PC are loaded in by the Xbox source, I can't prioritise only the PC versions.

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - felixkmh - 10-19-2021

(10-19-2021, 05:13 AM)azumukupoe Wrote: Could you add an option to disable automatic hiding?

There already is an option to disable automatic hiding of duplicates:

[Image: ye9UayM.png]

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - azumukupoe - 10-20-2021

(10-19-2021, 07:39 PM)felixkmh Wrote:
(10-19-2021, 05:13 AM)azumukupoe Wrote: Could you add an option to disable automatic hiding?

There already is an option to disable automatic hiding of duplicates:

[Image: ye9UayM.png]

Thank you, the option seems to do the trick
Maybe you should change its name to "Hide duplicates automatically"?