Playnite Forums
DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - Printable Version

+- Playnite Forums (https://playnite.link/forum)
+-- Forum: Extension Database (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Generic Extensions (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies (/thread-308.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - mharmless - 10-23-2021

Thank you for making this. The theme + extension adds the GoG 2.0 style functionality for multiple games to Playnite that I sorely missed. The implementation with library icons that pop out in the listing, and displayed along the top in the detail view, appears very high quality and exceeds all expectations. I sincerely hope something as good as this makes it way into playnite as a core feature.

One feature request, if possible; the ability to open the 'edit game details' window with all matched games. I'm slowly working through my game library and assigning categories and genres as I go, and this would save me having to reinput the same thing two or more times to keep the linked games in agreement.

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - felixkmh - 10-25-2021

(10-23-2021, 12:56 PM)mharmless Wrote: Thank you for making this. The theme + extension adds the GoG 2.0 style functionality for multiple games to Playnite that I sorely missed. The implementation with library icons that pop out in the listing, and displayed along the top in the detail view, appears very high quality and exceeds all expectations. I sincerely hope something as good as this makes it way into playnite as a core feature.

One feature request, if possible; the ability to open the 'edit game details' window with all matched games. I'm slowly working through my game library and assigning categories and genres as I go, and this would save me having to reinput the same thing two or more times to keep the linked games in agreement.

Thank you Big Grin I was also really excited about Playnite 9 because that enabled this kind of UI integration and was very happy with how it turned out, so I appreciate the positive feedback Smile

About the feature request: I don't think there is a supported way of doing that. If it is possible, it is going to be somewhat hacky, so I cannot make any promises, but I will look into it.

Something that could easily be done is adding menu or game functions which just copy selected fields like genres or categories from the the visible game to all of its hidden copies.

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - RealZombro - 10-28-2021

Tried searching in the thread but may have missed it. Is there a way to sort by platform within the same library? For example, I have a version of Destiny 2 on PS5 and PS4. Duplicate Hider is hiding the PS5 version when I'd rather it hide the PS4 version. My workaround now is to create a Custom Group and order these manually.

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - felixkmh - 10-28-2021

(10-28-2021, 03:04 PM)RealZombro Wrote: Tried searching in the thread but may have missed it. Is there a way to sort by platform within the same library? For example, I have a version of Destiny 2 on PS5 and PS4. Duplicate Hider is hiding the PS5 version when I'd rather it hide the PS4 version. My workaround now is to create a Custom Group and order these manually.

Other than enabling the option to prefer newer games and the workaround you are using, there is currently not a way to set priorities for something other than the source. I will probably rework how the prioritization works at some point, which will allow to set priorities for all kinds of fields, including Platforms.

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - sheepbeep - 11-01-2021

Could you implement 2 changes?

Would it be possible to synchronize the media data for all duplicates (with extra metada if present?), so that the duplicates have some sort of uniform look to it and not every copy has its own background picture, logo, icon, screenshots etc?

The default metadata import does its job decently, but in cases where the name slightly varies (e.g. added some "demo", "game of the year", "collectors edition", roman numerals instead of arabic ones ( II -> 2)) it may happen that the metadata may get jumbled.

Should be some sort of checkbox field for the metadata.

Could be called (as a tab) "synchronize metadata" or something.
https://github.com/felixkmh/DuplicateHider/issues/31

Second, is there a possibility to also fold demos ("Demo", "demo") into the duplicated games?
https://github.com/felixkmh/DuplicateHider/issues/32

Thank you!

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - Mellified - 12-04-2021

One of the best extensions for Playnite!

I added an "Oculus" source to Playnite so I could sort my manually added Oculus games - since Playnite 9 broke the library extension. This allows me to use DuplicateHider to match up games I might have duplicated on Steam or elsewhere with the titles in my Oculus PC library. I also added all my native Quest games.

But DuplicateHider doesn't have an Oculus - or Meta now I guess! - icon, so I made one.

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - felixkmh - 12-04-2021

(12-04-2021, 04:58 AM)Mellified Wrote: One of the best extensions for Playnite!

I added an "Oculus" source to Playnite so I could sort my manually added Oculus games - since Playnite 9 broke the library extension. This allows me to use DuplicateHider to match up games I might have duplicated on Steam or elsewhere with the titles in my Oculus PC library. I also added all my native Quest games.

But DuplicateHider doesn't have an Oculus - or Meta now I guess! - icon, so I made one.

Thanks for the feedback Big Grin

Just to make sure: you can already use your own icons for sources by putting them in the source_icons folder (can be opened in the UI Integration settings tab). They just need to be named like the source (e.g. Oculus.png).
If you already knew that and just wanted to share it for others to use it, then thanks Big Grin

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - mharmless - 12-13-2021

(10-25-2021, 03:28 PM)felixkmh Wrote:
(10-23-2021, 12:56 PM)mharmless Wrote: One feature request, if possible; the ability to open the 'edit game details' window with all matched games. I'm slowly working through my game library and assigning categories and genres as I go, and this would save me having to reinput the same thing two or more times to keep the linked games in agreement.

About the feature request: I don't think there is a supported way of doing that. If it is possible, it is going to be somewhat hacky, so I cannot make any promises, but I will look into it.

Something that could easily be done is adding menu or game functions which just copy selected fields like genres or categories from the the visible game to all of its hidden copies.

Right now I do it by ctrl-clicking on multiple entries, then right click one and pick edit, which invokes an edit screen when I can change values for all of them at once. With the entries collapsed by the extension, I can't actually multi-select, so anything that would enable multi-select would let me use the existing edit window to do it, presuming I could invoke the right click menu with those selected games.

Or maybe an entry under the Duplicate Hider menu item in the right click view that multi-selects the games tied to the one you invoked it on, then launches edit?

Automatic copying of selected fields as mentioned there would be even better since I wouldn't have to do anything at all, just tossing the other idea out in case it is easier/faster and therefore more likely to happen.

Anyway, thanks again for making this. It has made Playnite essentially perfect for me. Been running for a couple of months now and it has been wonderful.

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - felixkmh - 12-14-2021

(12-13-2021, 07:54 PM)mharmless Wrote: Right now I do it by ctrl-clicking on multiple entries, then right click one and pick edit, which invokes an edit screen when I can change values for all of them at once. With the entries collapsed by the extension, I can't actually multi-select, so anything that would enable multi-select would let me use the existing edit window to do it, presuming I could invoke the right click menu with those selected games.

Or maybe an entry under the Duplicate Hider menu item in the right click view that multi-selects the games tied to the one you invoked it on, then launches edit?

Automatic copying of selected fields as mentioned there would be even better since I wouldn't have to do anything at all, just tossing the other idea out in case it is easier/faster and therefore more likely to happen.

Anyway, thanks again for making this. It has made Playnite essentially perfect for me. Been running for a couple of months now and it has been wonderful.

With the updated PlayniteSDK 6.2 it became possible to add a game menu entry that allows to edit all copies of a game at once, just like you would if you selected a bunch of games and edited those. So this, along with another entry, that allows to copy game fields and assets from the selected game(s) to its/their copies, was added in the most recent release (v3.8.0).
I won't be automating the process of unifying the game info across copies though. I feel that that would be way to error prone and even if it worked correctly, users would probably still encounter results they did not expect/desire.

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - mharmless - 12-14-2021

Just installed it, and it is beautiful. Thank you very much, Dr. Felixkmh.

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - LefTutti - 12-30-2021

I have a problem with SuccessStory and DuplicateHider but I don't know which one is causing it.

In themes where SuccessStory is integrated in the Game Details View on the right hand side, it doesn't show up if one of the duplicates hasn't achievements.
Could you please have a look if maybe DH is causing this issue?

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - felixkmh - 12-30-2021

(12-30-2021, 06:33 PM)LefTutti Wrote: I have a problem with SuccessStory and DuplicateHider but I don't know which one is causing it.

In themes where SuccessStory is integrated in the Game Details View on the right hand side, it doesn't show up if one of the duplicates hasn't achievements.

I'm not sure I get what your issue is. Can you maybe describe it using an actual game as an example and the exact steps that cause it (uncluding the used theme)? Or even better: provide a screen recording of it happening.

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - icetoseeyoufr - 12-31-2021

Hello,

I love your extension, i honestly couldn't live without it... But there's one thing i can't figure for the life of me.

I have Resident evil 2, the remake on steam, the ps2 version, and the gba version.

So far so good right? Well it seems DuplicateHider like to hide the remake version, and i'd like the remake version to not be hidden... How do i do that? I tried to look into the option but i'm not really sure what to check or not...

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - felixkmh - 12-31-2021

(12-31-2021, 11:45 AM)icetoseeyoufr Wrote: Hello,

I love your extension, i honestly couldn't live without it... But there's one thing i can't figure for the life of me.

I have Resident evil 2, the remake on steam, the ps2 version, and the gba version.

So far so good right? Well it seems DuplicateHider like to hide the remake version, and i'd like the remake version to not be hidden... How do i do that? I tried to look into the option but i'm not really sure what to check or not...

DuplicateHider only uses the game name to determine if games are duplicates, so you could change the name of the remake by adding 'remake' to the end. The other option would be to add the game you don't want hidden to the ignored games list. You can either check the option, to automatically add games to that list when their visibility is changed manually, and then un-hide the remake.
The other way is to select the game you want to DH to ignore (it needs to be visible in the current view, so if the game in question is hidden, you need to acitvate the hidden filter), and then use the main menu function (Extensions->DuplicateHider->Add Selected to Ignore List). If a game is ignored, DH won't touch it, so it also won't make it visible again if it was previously hidden, so you need to un-hide it manually.
Yet another way to achieve that, is to put the remake in its own custom group (using the game menu). This way its only copy is itself and it won't be hidden. Similarly, you could create a group that contains all copies except for the remake.

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - LefTutti - 12-31-2021

(12-30-2021, 10:20 PM)felixkmh Wrote:
(12-30-2021, 06:33 PM)LefTutti Wrote: I have a problem with SuccessStory and DuplicateHider but I don't know which one is causing it.

I'm not sure I get what your issue is. Can you maybe describe it using an actual game as an example and the exact steps that cause it (uncluding the used theme)? Or even better: provide a screen recording of it happening.
Sure. I have this issue with two themes eMixedNite and Helium.

In a single game you see the achievements
[attachment=2129]

In a game with duplicates and one of them hasn't achievements you don't see them even for the featured one
(unfortunately I don't have a game with both duplicates having achievements)
[attachment=2130]

You could only see it in the popup window
[attachment=2131]

This happens for both themes.

Thank you very much and einen guten Rutsch!

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - felixkmh - 12-31-2021

Thanks, ebenfalls guten Rutsch Big Grin

But I don't think it is up to me/DH to fix that issue. I think it is due to the way that SuccessStory checks whether data exists for the currently selected game. This data does not actually depend on the game currently bound to the view, but somehow depends on the selection. Hidden games cannot really be selected in the same way visible games can, which makes sense and is nothing I can change. From my testing I gathered that it doesn't matter if there is a copy without achievements, it matters whether the currently selected (in the sense that is highlighted in the list) game has achievements. If it has, it will also show them when selecting copies with achievements, if it doesn't you won't see them for any copy.
I feel like that should be fixable on SuccessStory's side though. Even selecting a hidden copy should trigger the OnGameSelected() callback that each extension can react to.

Apparently selecting copies using DuplicateHider does not trigger OnGameSelected() like I thought. But this is a Playnite issue, not a DH issue.

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - icetoseeyoufr - 12-31-2021

(12-31-2021, 02:04 PM)felixkmh Wrote:
(12-31-2021, 11:45 AM)icetoseeyoufr Wrote: Hello,

DuplicateHider only uses the game name to determine if games are duplicates, so you could change the name of the remake by adding 'remake' to the end. The other option would be to add the game you don't want hidden to the ignored games list. You can either check the option, to automatically add games to that list when their visibility is changed manually, and then un-hide the remake.
The other way is to select the game you want to DH to ignore (it needs to be visible in the current view, so if the game in question is hidden, you need to acitvate the hidden filter), and then use the main menu function (Extensions->DuplicateHider->Add Selected to Ignore List). If a game is ignored, DH won't touch it, so it also won't make it visible again if it was previously hidden, so you need to un-hide it manually.
Yet another way to achieve that, is to put the remake in its own custom group (using the game menu). This way its only copy is itself and it won't be hidden. Similarly, you could create a group that contains all copies except for the remake.
 Thanks, adding it to the "ignore" list worked!

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - LefTutti - 01-01-2022

(12-31-2021, 02:46 PM)felixkmh Wrote: Thanks, ebenfalls guten Rutsch Big Grin

But I don't think it is up to me/DH to fix that issue. I think it is due to the way that SuccessStory checks whether data exists for the currently selected game. This data does not actually depend on the game currently bound to the view, but somehow depends on the selection. Hidden games cannot really be selected in the same way visible games can, which makes sense and is nothing I can change. From my testing I gathered that it doesn't matter if there is a copy without achievements, it matters whether the currently selected (in the sense that is highlighted in the list) game has achievements. If it has, it will also show them when selecting copies with achievements, if it doesn't you won't see them for any copy.
I feel like that should be fixable on SuccessStory's side though. Even selecting a hidden copy should trigger the OnGameSelected() callback that each extension can react to.

Apparently selecting copies using DuplicateHider does not trigger OnGameSelected() like I thought. But this is a Playnite issue, not a DH issue.
To be honest, I don't quite understand it. Big Grin

Should I wait until this OnGameSelected() is fixed in PN (I saw your GH issue), or should I write to the author of SuccessStory?

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - felixkmh - 01-01-2022

Once the issue I opened on GitHub is fixed, this whole issue should be resolved. But the dev added it to the version 10 milestone, so it might be a while before that happens. So go ahead and report this issue to the SuccessStory dev, maybe they find a workaround.

You can also reference my previous reply, as this can give them hints on how to fix it.

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - LefTutti - 01-02-2022

Thx felix, I will wait for PN 10, it’s not so important for me.