Playnite Forums
DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - Printable Version

+- Playnite Forums (https://playnite.link/forum)
+-- Forum: Extension Database (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Generic Extensions (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies (/thread-308.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - El_Syd - 07-07-2022

(07-07-2022, 01:30 PM)felixkmh Wrote:
(07-07-2022, 10:47 AM)El_Syd Wrote: I have noticed that I cannot install DuplicateHider for the past week or so. I also tried installing the portable version of Playnite, but I get the same result. It doesn't seem to happen with other extensions. Is there another way I can install the latest version of DuplicateHider?

Try removing that 'Localization' folder that the error points to, while Playnite is not running. After that, try installing again.
Thanks, this put me on the right track. I deleted the 'Localization' folder and tried installing from within Playnite again. This didn't work.

So, I deleted the 'felixkmh_DuplicateHider_Plugin' folder while Playnite was not running (it was empty anyway) and tried installing using the .pext file instead and this worked.

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - Mikk - 07-25-2022

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to report a repeatable crash which occurs when I try to add Playstation 5 to the Included Platforms list.

Its occurs for me also when retrying after a restart. The logfile is showing the following exception:
25-07 15:42:53.428|ERROR|PlayniteApplication:Unhandled exception occured.
System.NotSupportedException: This type of CollectionView does not support changes to its SourceCollection from a thread different from the Dispatcher thread.
   at System.Windows.Data.CollectionView.OnCollectionChanged(Object sender, NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs args)
   at System.Collections.ObjectModel.ObservableCollection`1.OnCollectionChanged(NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs e)
   at System.Collections.ObjectModel.ObservableCollection`1.InsertItem(Int32 index, T item)
   at System.Collections.ObjectModel.Collection`1.Add(T item)
   at DuplicateHider.Models.PriorityProperty.AddValue(Object value) in E:\Programmierung\playnite-dev\DuplicateHider\source\Models\PriorityProperty.cs:line 234
   at DuplicateHider.Models.PriorityProperty.Compare(Game a, Game b) in E:\Programmierung\playnite-dev\DuplicateHider\source\Models\PriorityProperty.cs:line 286
   at DuplicateHider.Extensions.CompareTo[T](T a, T b, IEnumerable`1 comparers) in E:\Programmierung\playnite-dev\DuplicateHider\source\Extensions.cs:line 16
   at DuplicateHider.DuplicateHiderPlugin.GameComparer.Compare(Guid x, Guid y) in E:\Programmierung\playnite-dev\DuplicateHider\source\DuplicateHiderPlugin.cs:line 766
   at DuplicateHider.Extensions.InsertSorted[T](IList`1 list, T item, IComparer`1 comparer) in E:\Programmierung\playnite-dev\DuplicateHider\source\Extensions.cs:line 116
   at DuplicateHider.DuplicateHiderPlugin.<>c__DisplayClass79_0.<BuildPartialIndexAsync>b__0() in E:\Programmierung\playnite-dev\DuplicateHider\source\DuplicateHiderPlugin.cs:line 1565
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at DuplicateHider.DuplicateHiderPlugin.<BuildPartialIndexAsync>d__79.MoveNext() in E:\Programmierung\playnite-dev\DuplicateHider\source\DuplicateHiderPlugin.cs:line 1554
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at DuplicateHider.DuplicateHiderPlugin.<PartitionAndMergeIndexAsync>d__78.MoveNext() in E:\Programmierung\playnite-dev\DuplicateHider\source\DuplicateHiderPlugin.cs:line 1540
   at DuplicateHider.DuplicateHiderPlugin.<>c__DisplayClass78_0.<<PartitionAndMergeIndexAsync>b__0>d.MoveNext() in E:\Programmierung\playnite-dev\DuplicateHider\source\DuplicateHiderPlugin.cs:line 1548
   at DuplicateHider.DuplicateHiderPlugin.<PartitionAndMergeIndexAsync>d__78.MoveNext() in E:\Programmierung\playnite-dev\DuplicateHider\source\DuplicateHiderPlugin.cs:line 1542
   at DuplicateHider.DuplicateHiderPlugin.<BuildIndexAsync>d__77.MoveNext() in E:\Programmierung\playnite-dev\DuplicateHider\source\DuplicateHiderPlugin.cs:line 1532

Thanks for all the time that is going into the extension!

Cheers

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - Gryfer - 08-02-2022

Hey everyone. I'm new here. Just installed Playnite earlier today (version 9.19) and immediately came across the problem of wanting to use it but having so many duplicates as to render it marginally unusable as is.

I tried installing version 3.13.3 in two different formats and neither worked. First, I tried installing it directly through Playnite's new Add-On menu (Add-ons > Browse > Generic > Duplicate Hider). After I restarted Playnite, it gave me 7 versions of the error described in post #120 (one version for each launcher type I was trying to replace). I read post #122 and did the same (uninstalled DH through Playnite, installed it using the .pext on GitHub). Same result with no functionality, but no errors this time. Any ideas where to go from here?

EDIT: Not going to delete this and hide my shame, but I figured out what to do 5 minutes after posting this. I had to click the Playnite icon, mouse down to Extensions > DuplicateHider and click Hide Duplicates. Hopefully my learning process will help someone in the future.

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - felixkmh - 08-02-2022

(08-02-2022, 01:03 AM)Gryfer Wrote: Hey everyone. I'm new here. Just installed Playnite earlier today (version 9.19) and immediately came across the problem of wanting to use it but having so many duplicates as to render it marginally unusable as is.

I tried installing version 3.13.3 in two different formats and neither worked. First, I tried installing it directly through Playnite's new Add-On menu (Add-ons > Browse > Generic > Duplicate Hider). After I restarted Playnite, it gave me 7 versions of the error described in post #120 (one version for each launcher type I was trying to replace). I read post #122 and did the same (uninstalled DH through Playnite, installed it using the .pext on GitHub). Same result with no functionality, but no errors this time. Any ideas where to go from here?

EDIT: Not going to delete this and hide my shame, but I figured out what to do 5 minutes after posting this. I had to click the Playnite icon, mouse down to Extensions > DuplicateHider and click Hide Duplicates. Hopefully my learning process will help someone in the future.

No shame in that. Also, most extensions also have settings that you can change. You will find them by clicking on the Playnite icon and then "Add-ons...". DuplicateHider allows you to change the priorities with which games are hidden. Also there is an option for automatically hiding duplicates. And there is the option to enable custom ui integration that is supported by many of the custom themes, which allows easy access to the hidden copies, if need be.

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - Maccyjam - 08-14-2022

I'm not sure if this is extension related or more related to Playnite itself but I'm wanting to be able to view a hidden duplicate game if I view the library for that game itself.

For example if I have a game on Steam and Origin, I'd like it to be deduplicated and only show the Steam copy when viewing all games (as it does now) but if I filter specifically for the Origin library, I'd like to be able to see the Origin version of the game (at the moment neither copy appears).

Not sure if this is possible or if it's a limitation of Playnite itself but any ideas on how this could be achieved?

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - sukarn - 09-10-2022

Thanks for this extension! It's extremely useful with a large library.

1. I've submitted a feature request on the GitHub page for the LibraryStatisticsView that is shown on StartPage. The request is to show the Library Name in the table, and not just the icon. The code seems to already exist, but is commented out. Perhaps this column could be kept at the far right so that in thinner views, it is hidden by default?

2. Is it possible to define priorities based on tags? When games leave Game Pass, the Game Pass extension has an option to automatically tag them if they have been played before. The ones that have not been played can be removed from the library entirely. The options in DuplicateHider right now seem to be to mark each game's Xbox entry as low priority, or mark the entire Xbox source as low priority. There are some sources that I generally want lower than Xbox in priority so that achievements can be tracked. But, if the game has left Game Pass, it would be great to automatically have the Xbox version listed lower than the non-achievement sources. Perhaps the extension could be configured to consider another tag to be the same as '[DH] Low'?

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - Funkenstein - 09-11-2022

Hi, i dowloded this extension, i have the lastest Playnite, but when a install this extension, Playnite still notifying "Can´t load Duplicatehidder" extension, current playnite version is not supported.

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - felixkmh - 09-11-2022

(09-11-2022, 03:14 AM)Funkenstein Wrote: Hi, i dowloded this extension, i have the lastest Playnite, but when a install this extension, Playnite still notifying "Can´t load Duplicatehidder" extension, current playnite version is not supported.

Hi, can you share the log file at %appdata%\Playnite\playnite.log ? This will tell me exactly which version of Playnite and DuplicateHider you are running and help me figure out why this is happening. Ideally you should trigger that error again such that the relevant information is guaranteed to be in there.

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - sukarn - 09-11-2022

Noticed that both of my requests have been added. You're fast!
Thanks!

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - Funkenstein - 09-12-2022

(09-11-2022, 09:36 AM)felixkmh Wrote:
(09-11-2022, 03:14 AM)Funkenstein Wrote: Hi, i dowloded this extension, i have the lastest Playnite, but when a install this extension, Playnite still notifying "Can´t load Duplicatehidder" extension, current playnite version is not supported.

Hi, can you share the log file at %appdata%\Playnite\playnite.log ? This will tell me exactly which version of Playnite and DuplicateHider you are running and help me figure out why this is happening. Ideally you should trigger that error again such that the relevant information is guaranteed to be in there.

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - felixkmh - 09-12-2022

(09-12-2022, 07:18 AM)Funkenstein Wrote:
(09-11-2022, 09:36 AM)felixkmh Wrote:

As far as I can see, there is no problem with loading DuplicateHider. Can you confirm that?

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - thatonecookie - 09-17-2022

Can i see exactly which games this extension hid?

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - felixkmh - 09-17-2022

(09-17-2022, 06:38 PM)thatonecookie Wrote: Can i see exactly which games this extension hid?

Each game hidden by DuplicateHider has the "[DH] Hidden" tag (might be localized) attached to it. Just enable the Hidden filter and filter by that tag.

RE: DuplicateHider - Hide Duplicate Game Copies - yo_hansolo - 03-21-2023

Hi there,

I've been using the extension for a while on the advice of members of the reddit community. I have manually added games (physical boxed games) and games that sync with classic clients (Xbox, PSN, EA, Epic, Steam, etc.).

I would have liked to use the copy function of the extension and I'm stuck because it doesn't offer to duplicate the data in the "advance" tab of a game. I use for example a date and I take notes in the comment part by writing for my manually added games their qualities, possible defects/tears and purchase price.

Can you plan to add these fields to the copy function?

Thanks in advance!