Playnite Forums
Game Media Tools | Batch check games with missing media and other functions - Printable Version

+- Playnite Forums (https://playnite.link/forum)
+-- Forum: Extension Database (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Generic Extensions (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Game Media Tools | Batch check games with missing media and other functions (/thread-313.html)

Game Media Tools | Batch check games with missing media and other functions - darklinkpower - 06-28-2020

Game Media Tools | Batch check games with missing media and other functions

[Image: 30yZs5K.png]

Feature requests and bug reports:
Create an issue on the theme GitHub repository after verifying it doesn't already exists.
Make sure to fill all the requested information when opening the issue.

I don't use the forums frequently so please use GitHub for requests and bug reports. You can join the Playnite discord where I am active if you have questions or need support

https://github.com/darklinkpower/PlayniteExtensionsCollection/issues

Description

This extension is intended as a library mantaining tool and to make it easier to handle game media in your library.
It works with the currently available game media options: Covers images, background images and icons.

It currently has the following functions:

1. Missing Media: Detect games that are missing any of the media available
2. Check optimized images: Detects if games have images that are too large and will affect performance in Playnite
3. Image aspect ratio: Enter an arbitrary aspect ratio and detect if the selected media is different in the processed games
4. Image resolution: Enter an arbitrary resolution and detect if the selected media is different in the processed games
5. Image extension: Enter an arbitrary file extension and detect if the selected games match
6. Image size: Enter an arbitrary size in kb and detect if the selected games are bigger than that
7. Open metadata folder: Open Metadata folder of selected games
8. Missing media statistics: Shows you information of number of games with missing media

After processing, you'll see a dialogue window with the results and games will have a tag added if necessary for easy filtering with Playnite to afterwards manage the games.

GitHub Repository: https://github.com/darklinkpower/PlayniteScriptExtensions

Installation

Option A. Download from the Addons browser in Playnite.
Option B. Click here to start the install process

Usage

1. Open the extensions submenu and select a function in "Game Media Tools"

If you want to delete the added tags from the games you can run the extension again and write the same settings or you can delete the tags using Playnite's Library Manager (ctrl+W)

Screenshots

[Image: EUH3BJH.png]

[Image: wQubpCT.png]

[Image: If2OceH.png]

[Image: iRB2B2p.png]

RE: Game Media Tools | Batch check games with missing media and other functions - GetFR3AKY - 07-04-2020

Very useful for managing large libraries, thank you!

RE: Game Media Tools | Batch check games with missing media and other functions - darklinkpower - 07-05-2020

(07-04-2020, 02:15 AM)GetFR3AKY Wrote: Very useful for managing large libraries, thank you!
Glad you found it useful!

New version released

v1.1
  • Added new tool "Image extension"
  • Added new tool "Image size"
  • Remove created/used tags from tags collection if there is not any game in the game database using them
  • Improvements to results window
  • Fix Script continuing execution even when cancel button was selected

RE: Game Media Tools | Batch check games with missing media and other functions - Lacro59 - 07-05-2020

I like your plugin!
I wished to do a similar plugin for traitement by lot ans more.

The interface reminds me of the DOS programs.
But it's often fewer friendly interface.

Would you rewrite the plugin in C# instead?
The interface will be better and you will can learn this language too.
In addition, it will can have a list with game that respond at criters and will can edit game directly (in calling game edit interface instead of use tags).
I have some ideas in using C# (less limited that scripting).

Otherwise, more features:
  • delete icon (for example use store banner when missing)
  • Search similar game name for create a series
Courage  Wink

RE: Game Media Tools | Batch check games with missing media and other functions - darklinkpower - 07-05-2020

(07-05-2020, 09:10 AM)Lacro59 Wrote: I like your plugin!
I wished to do a similar plugin for traitement by lot ans more.

The interface reminds me of the DOS programs.
But it's often fewer friendly interface.

Would you rewrite the plugin in C# instead?
The interface will be better and you will can learn this language too.
In addition, it will can have a list with game that respond at criters and will can edit game directly (in calling game edit interface instead of use tags).
I have some ideas in using C# (less limited that scripting).

Otherwise, more features:
  • delete icon (for example use store banner when missing)
  • Search similar game name for create a series
Courage  Wink
Thanks! I agree with you, the way it currently works is pretty old fashioned and limiting.. I've started learning C# and plan to fully rewrite the extension and add other features along the way.

RE: Game Media Tools | Batch check games with missing media and other functions - Lacro59 - 07-05-2020

(07-05-2020, 01:40 PM)darklinkpower Wrote: Thanks! I agree with you, the way it currently works is pretty old fashioned and limiting.. I've started learning C# and plan to fully rewrite the extension and add other features along the way.
Great!
I wait and watch it for using and contributing.

RE: Game Media Tools | Batch check games with missing media and other functions - darklinkpower - 10-22-2020

New version

v1.3
  • Reorganized extension functions in submenu.
  • Added Id property and Github link to extension manifest.
  • Moved function to open metadata folder of selected games to right click menu.
  • Added tools menu to configure tool settings action
  • Added tool to check for images that are not optimal for Playnite (Thanks to @joyrider3774)
  • Added functions to see missing media stats of all games or selected games
  • Fix in case game uses an URL for it's media
  • Fix in case pointed game media path doesn't exist
  • Extension Refactor

RE: Game Media Tools | Batch check games with missing media and other functions - joyrider3774 - 10-22-2020

thanks, been using this for a while already love the new ui Wink

RE: Game Media Tools | Batch check games with missing media and other functions - sofmarch - 01-06-2021

Having an issue in that the check for Aspect Ratio simply does not work at all.
I tried checking for covers that were not in 3:4 ratio, and this brought up every single game in my library except those that do not have a cover. 
[attachment=1257]
Even on a whim I checked for games not in 600:800 on the idea that maybe it was being specific to that resolution instead of ratio but the same result,
[attachment=1256]

1521 out of 1524 games are listed as not in 3:4 ratio with the only exceptions being the 3 games without covers.

RE: Game Media Tools | Batch check games with missing media and other functions - digital_ice - 02-09-2021

(01-06-2021, 08:33 PM)sofmarch Wrote: Having an issue in that the check for Aspect Ratio simply does not work at all.
I tried checking for covers that were not in 3:4 ratio, and this brought up every single game in my library except those that do not have a cover. 

Even on a whim I checked for games not in 600:800 on the idea that maybe it was being specific to that resolution instead of ratio but the same result,

1521 out of 1524 games are listed as not in 3:4 ratio with the only exceptions being the 3 games without covers.

Same issue here

RE: Game Media Tools | Batch check games with missing media and other functions - darklinkpower - 02-11-2021

Sorry for the delay. Fixed.

New version

v1.3.2
  • Improved window menu layout
  • Fix aspect ratio tool not working

RE: Game Media Tools | Batch check games with missing media and other functions - ownedbycats - 06-27-2021

Just wanted to leave a note to mention this is a very useful tool. Smile I particular appreciate that run it again will remove the now-invalid tags (and even delete them if they're empty) after fixing the issues.