Playnite Forums
Fullscreen Search Keyboard Cut Off - Printable Version

+- Playnite Forums (https://playnite.link/forum)
+-- Forum: Playnite (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Support and Troubleshooting (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Fullscreen Search Keyboard Cut Off (/thread-359.html)

Fullscreen Search Keyboard Cut Off - Axis-9999 - 08-13-2020

I'm trying to create an easy link to launch Playnite Fullscreen mode. I've created a batch file to run Playnite so that I can bind it to a key press. This works fine and the app launches, however when using the search command, the search keyboard is offset and cut off on the right side of the screen.
If Playnite is run outside of the batch file the search keyboard is centered on the screen as normal.

I've also tried launching the app directly using a key press in Logitech Ghub software and again, the search keyboard is offset and cut off.

Is there a way to stop the keyboard from offsetting?

Thanks!

RE: Fullscreen Search Keyboard Cut Off - Crow - 08-13-2020

Screenshot and the batch file your are using please. Also go to "About Playnite" menu in desktop mode and generate diag. package for me. Thanks

RE: Fullscreen Search Keyboard Cut Off - Axis-9999 - 08-13-2020

(08-13-2020, 06:05 PM)Crow Wrote: Screenshot and the batch file your are using please. Also go to "About Playnite" menu in desktop mode and generate diag. package for me. Thanks
Hello,
Please see attached for screenshot.

Batch file text is just this:
D:\Playnite\Playnite.FullscreenApp.exe

Diagnostic package is: 1c85e65b-fcac-4845-b811-81b08a6e992c

Thank you!

RE: Fullscreen Search Keyboard Cut Off - Crow - 08-14-2020

Thanks for additional info. My only guess is that the apps your are using to launch Playnite somehow mess up Playnite's detection of screen resolution and scaling. I don't know if I can fix that if it's caused by 3rd party software.

I'll try to reproduce it somehow over the weekend.

RE: Fullscreen Search Keyboard Cut Off - Axis-9999 - 08-14-2020

Hi Crow,
Thanks for looking into it.
I have a dual monitor setup which includes a 4K TV (which I am running Fullscreen on). I noticed if I put the scaling to 100% (instead of default 300%) on the 4k monitor, the search area is in the correct spot. But I would like to avoid doing this as it makes everything very small and unusable on the 4k monitor.

I read in some documentation that there is a "disable DPI scaling" feature in Playnite, but I can't find it under settings. Would this perhaps be a solution?

Thanks!

RE: Fullscreen Search Keyboard Cut Off - Cromi - 08-14-2020

Since the batch file just contains the line to run the program, I would suggest creating a shortcut to the fullscreen app instead of a batch file and run Playnite through that.

RE: Fullscreen Search Keyboard Cut Off - Crow - 08-14-2020

(08-14-2020, 03:30 PM)Axis-9999 Wrote: I read in some documentation that there is a "disable DPI scaling" feature in Playnite, but I can't find it under settings. Would this perhaps be a solution?

That option is no longer available and it was only for Desktop mode, it would have no affect on Fullscreen mode.

I still don't understand how running it via .bat can cause the issue and running the app directly works as it should. That IMHO points to some issue with the app that's used to start that .bat file. I'll try to reproduce it on my system and look into possible solution, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to "fix" it, since it works as it should when Playnite is started normally.

RE: Fullscreen Search Keyboard Cut Off - Axis-9999 - 08-14-2020

The issue is indeed weird because running the app normally works fine.

The actual thing I'm trying to achieve is to bind opening the app to a key by using Logitech Ghub software. This works, but produces the search offset. I was then able to reproduce the issue by just running the program in a normal .BAT file so I don't think it's the Logitech software.
Shortcuts work fine and don't produce the offset, but once they're bound to a key the issue comes back.