Playnite Forums
Grid View Banner - Printable Version

+- Playnite Forums (https://playnite.link/forum)
+-- Forum: Extension Database (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Themes - Desktop (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Grid View Banner (/thread-410.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Grid View Banner - adrian5683 - 07-04-2021

I've been playing around with this theme and ThemeModifier with custom integration enabled and found a few small issues. You may already be aware of them or they might change as the layout develops but I thought I'd mention them anyway:

1. Some options in ThemeModifier like BannerBlur and BackgroundFilterOpacitiy don't seem to do anything, unless I'm misunderstanding their function.
2. When using custom backgrounds to use for the banner they appear blurred/low quality.
3. On the Overview panel any custom cover art will appear blurred/low quality, on the Grid View it looks fine.
4. Some elements on the Overview panel like Publisher, Developer, Genre, etc. are misaligned with their respective entries.
5. When adjusting TopPanelHeight the buttons and search bar don't realign/recenter accordingly, I'm not sure if this is a limitation.

I understand some of these issues may be Playnite limitations, just don't know which. If any of these can be addressed by fiddling around with any xaml files let me know.

RE: Grid View Banner - Goose - 07-05-2021

(07-04-2021, 08:44 PM)adrian5683 Wrote: I've been playing around with this theme and ThemeModifier with custom integration enabled and found a few small issues. You may already be aware of them or they might change as the layout develops but I thought I'd mention them anyway:

1. Some options in ThemeModifier like BannerBlur and BackgroundFilterOpacitiy don't seem to do anything, unless I'm misunderstanding their function.
2. When using custom backgrounds to use for the banner they appear blurred/low quality.
3. On the Overview panel any custom cover art will appear blurred/low quality, on the Grid View it looks fine.
4. Some elements on the Overview panel like Publisher, Developer, Genre, etc. are misaligned with their respective entries.
5. When adjusting TopPanelHeight the buttons and search bar don't realign/recenter accordingly, I'm not sure if this is a limitation.

I understand some of these issues may be Playnite limitations, just don't know which. If any of these can be addressed by fiddling around with any xaml files let me know.

Hi

The documentation for the theme settings needs to be improved, I'll be updating it fully with images closer to the full release.

Banner blur applies gaussian blur to the banner but it was temporarily disabled while monitoring performance in 0.6. I'll be adding it back.

The background filter opacity combines with the background filter brush above it, by default the brush has has no value and an alpha (A) value of 0. If you select a colour there & turn the alpha back up you can adjust the strength of the background filter opacity to tint background images any colour you like. This will be one of the things documented properly.

I'll look into cover blurring in the overview area. As for the banner it depends on their resolution & aspect ratio, it's currently set to uniform to fill but setting it to fill might help you here. You can do so by opening the GridViewGameOverview.Xaml and changing Stretch="UniformToFill" to Stretch="Fill". It is located on the same line as x:Name="PART_ImageBackground". You can send me a message if you need more help with this on discord if you want.

Alignment issues will be fixed in an upcoming update with an improved layout

RE: Grid View Banner - adrian5683 - 07-05-2021

Thank you for the info! Unfortunately editing the GridViewGameOverview.Xaml didn't help, banner images look washed out regardless of stretching, aspect ratio or resolution. I'll message you on Discord in the future, this is great work, looking forward to seeing how it develops.

RE: Grid View Banner - lionnesquaer - 07-22-2021

Looking nice, but i have issue. Custom logo dont shows, its show only text. It is possible to fix?

RE: Grid View Banner - Goose - 07-25-2021

(07-22-2021, 03:56 PM)lionnesquaer Wrote: Looking nice, but i have issue. Custom logo dont shows, its show only text. It is possible to fix?

If you have the theme modifier extension installed, look under the heading constants and make sure your metadatapath is set correctly. You can find out more on the correct path here https://playnite.link/forum/thread-575.html

If this doesn't work let me know and I'll try some other solutions

RE: Grid View Banner - lionnesquaer - 07-25-2021

(07-25-2021, 11:07 AM)Goose Wrote:
(07-22-2021, 03:56 PM)lionnesquaer Wrote: Looking nice, but i have issue. Custom logo dont shows, its show only text. It is possible to fix?

If you have the theme modifier extension installed, look under the heading constants and make sure your metadatapath is set correctly. You can find out more on the correct path here https://playnite.link/forum/thread-575.html

If this doesn't work let me know and I'll try some other solutions

Yes it works, thank you!

It will be good if you implement change logo position in future. Some grids doesnt look good with center logo (in my opinion). Sometimes needed change logo position to the other side. Thank you, will be looking for next update of your theme!

RE: Grid View Banner - tnt838 - 08-15-2021

(10-24-2020, 11:52 PM)Spuzaw Wrote: Thank you so much for making this! It looks amazing! It's definitely a must to use with the Steamgrid Extension.

Here's a video for anyone that wants to see how it looks in action.
May I ask how can I achieve that banner transition effect?

RE: Grid View Banner - RabidLime - 08-19-2021

(08-15-2021, 07:26 PM)tnt838 Wrote:
(10-24-2020, 11:52 PM)Spuzaw Wrote: Thank you so much for making this! It looks amazing! It's definitely a must to use with the Steamgrid Extension.

Here's a video for anyone that wants to see how it looks in action.
May I ask how can I achieve that banner transition effect?

it's under Settings>Appearance>General>Animate Background Image Transitions

[Image: 3VeVBAn.png]

RE: Grid View Banner - DonarioDonaled - 09-07-2021

I installed the 0.6 version and the panel disappeared, can't find how to show it.
I tried installing ThemeModifier but it fails to install in playnite.
I also updated playnite so it's possible something reseted. But I can't find what.

RE: Grid View Banner - poetickatana - 01-31-2022

Has this project been abandoned? It's a shame because I really like the concept. I'm not aware of any other themes that use the space occupied by the grid list to show game details.

RE: Grid View Banner - Goose - 02-04-2022

(01-31-2022, 01:13 PM)poetickatana Wrote: Has this project been abandoned? It's a shame because I really like the concept. I'm not aware of any other themes that use the space occupied by the grid list to show game details.

I will be returning to & updating this theme soon after I release a new theme I am currently working on, which is nearly ready.