Playnite Forums
Extension failed to load properly - Printable Version

+- Playnite Forums (https://playnite.link/forum)
+-- Forum: Playnite (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Support and Troubleshooting (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Extension failed to load properly (/thread-452.html)

Extension failed to load properly - GetFR3AKY - 10-31-2020

Hello everyone.

Since this morning I get the error message "Extension failed to load properly" with the extensions DescriptionEditor, HowLongToBeat, SuccessStory and SystemChecker.
I already tried to reinstall Playnite 8.5 and ONLY install these extensions. But even then I get this error message.

The only thing I could find was that at least PowerShell 5.1 should be installed, but I have PowerShell 5.1.18362.1171 running on Windows 10.

[Image: xO9Fjy8.png]

RE: Extension failed to load properly - Crow - 10-31-2020

If the issue is only with these extensions then you have to contact their author. Also make sure you are using latest versions.

RE: Extension failed to load properly - GetFR3AKY - 10-31-2020

So, I somehow managed to solve the problem.
I just wanted to add another extension for testing purposes, to see if this one also has the problem.
But after I installed the new one, all other extensions had loaded as well.

RE: Extension failed to load properly - MCC321 - 11-01-2020

Yeah it do the same for me with with every extension thats from lacro59. I dont know why but this bug occurs after a few restart of playnite in a short amount of time (Like when modifying a theme). The only fix I could find for now that works every time is to close computer for at least 20min and after that everything is back to normal. I tried dumping the RAM by removing power cord and hitting the power button but it does not seem to work.
This bug first appeared for me with the release of playnite 8.

RE: Extension failed to load properly - joyrider3774 - 11-01-2020

I'm actually having the same problem at the moment with the same plugins.

This is whats in my log...

It seems the plugins are hitting a rate limit somewhere if you restart playnite quickly a few times after each other and it also throws an exception that is unhandled making the plugins fail to load

so you have to wait until the flag clears, i'm not sure where the connection is made too but wherever its done it's throwing an exception making the plugins fail to load

It also explains why the other person in the thread had so called success by turning his pc of for 20 minutes. You actually just have to wait and not restart playnite for X amount of time but not sure how much until this bug is fixed
01-11 08:59:59.431|WARN|Localization:PluginCommon - File N:\Games\playnite\Extensions\playnite-isthereanydeal-plugin\localization\en_US.xaml not found.
01-11 08:59:59.729|ERROR|ExtensionFactory:Failed to load plugin: IsThereAnyDealSystem.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Response status code does not indicate success: 403 (rate limit exceeded).
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at PluginCommon.Web.<DownloadStringData>d__3.MoveNext() in E:\Github\Lacro59\playnite-isthereanydeal-plugin\playnite-plugincommon\Web.cs:line 67
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at PluginCommon.CheckVersion.Check(String PluginName, String PluginFolder) in E:\Github\Lacro59\playnite-isthereanydeal-plugin\playnite-plugincommon\CheckVersion.cs:line 48
   at IsThereAnyDeal.IsThereAnyDeal..ctor(IPlayniteAPI api) in E:\Github\Lacro59\playnite-isthereanydeal-plugin\IsThereAnyDeal.cs:line 44
01-11 08:59:59.872|WARN|Localization:PluginCommon - File N:\Games\playnite\Extensions\playnite-successstory-plugin\localization\en_US.xaml not found.
01-11 09:00:00.036|ERROR|ExtensionFactory:Failed to load plugin: SuccessStorySystem.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Response status code does not indicate success: 403 (rate limit exceeded).
   at PluginCommon.Web.<DownloadStringData>d__3.MoveNext() in E:\Github\Lacro59\playnite-isthereanydeal-plugin\playnite-plugincommon\Web.cs:line 67
   at PluginCommon.CheckVersion.Check(String PluginName, String PluginFolder) in E:\Github\Lacro59\playnite-isthereanydeal-plugin\playnite-plugincommon\CheckVersion.cs:line 48
   at SuccessStory.SuccessStory..ctor(IPlayniteAPI api) in E:\Github\Lacro59\playnite-successstory-plugin\SuccessStory.cs:line 59
01-11 09:00:00.176|WARN|Localization:PluginCommon - File N:\Games\playnite\Extensions\playnite-systemchecker-plugin\localization\en_US.xaml not found.
01-11 09:00:00.352|ERROR|ExtensionFactory:Failed to load plugin: SystemCheckerSystem.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Response status code does not indicate success: 403 (rate limit exceeded).
   at SystemChecker.SystemChecker..ctor(IPlayniteAPI api) in E:\Github\Lacro59\playnite-systemchecker-plugin\SystemChecker.cs:line 59

RE: Extension failed to load properly - Crow - 11-01-2020

As I said, please contact extension's developer. This is not an issue in Playnite, but with the extension itself.

RE: Extension failed to load properly - Crow - 11-01-2020

Also, the only reason you are starting to see this after updating to Playnite 8, is because Playnite 8 started properly reporting if an extensions fails to load. It would just silently fail in Playnite 7, that's the only difference.

RE: Extension failed to load properly - joyrider3774 - 11-01-2020

yes the author is aware and he already fixed it, will be in a next release. Was only mentioning it here for the others to know

RE: Extension failed to load properly - Rhaziel - 12-14-2020

it is not fixed...downloaded the latest HowLongToBeat extension...and it still says "failed to load properly"

RE: Extension failed to load properly - darklinkpower - 12-15-2020

(12-14-2020, 08:17 PM)Rhaziel Wrote: it is not fixed...downloaded the latest HowLongToBeat extension...and it still says "failed to load properly"
I recommend going to your extensions folder and delete all the extensions by Lacro59, there could be left-over extensions that can be conflicting and causing this. After deleting them reinstall the extensions.

RE: Extension failed to load properly - Rhaziel - 12-15-2020

(12-15-2020, 01:52 AM)darklinkpower Wrote:
(12-14-2020, 08:17 PM)Rhaziel Wrote: it is not fixed...downloaded the latest HowLongToBeat extension...and it still says "failed to load properly"
I recommend going to your extensions folder and delete all the extensions by Lacro59, there could be left-over extensions that can be conflicting and causing this. After deleting them reinstall the extensions.
Thank you!
That was it...deleted all of his extensions...and re-installed them...and it works now
Tbh he said to delete his extensions "Delete all the folders of my extensions (starting with "playnite-")."  but he was referring to a crash and i didn't pay attention.

RE: Extension failed to load properly - ShadoUrufu - 09-10-2021

I'm personally still having issues with a lot of them. https://i.gyazo.com/ca749c2d3b5bcee15a19092d2fafe0eb.png

I've just installed all of them, so unless i got old versions.. But even then, a lot were pointing to their 'latest release' on github.
I also have the latest version of Playnite.

Would this be happening because these are still only for playnite 7?

RE: Extension failed to load properly - Crow - 09-10-2021

One again, as I already said, please contact extension's developer. This is not an issue in Playnite, but with the extension itself.