Playnite Forums
Fullscreen Banner - Printable Version

+- Playnite Forums (https://playnite.link/forum)
+-- Forum: Extension Database (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Themes - Fullscreen (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Fullscreen Banner (/thread-456.html)

Pages: 1 2

Fullscreen Banner - Goose - 11-01-2020

About this theme :

Add a horizontal banner with game selection information to the full screen view. 

Latest Version
[attachment=943]

Screenshots

[Image: gYpMiMJ.jpg]

[Image: 7mwvWhI.jpg]

Setup

To enable the banner, select show background image on main screen in the playnite fullscreen settings

The theme works best when using the steamgrid (SGDB) playnite extension you can find in the forums to download all game logos & backgrounds for the banner.

The theme will work with horizontal or vertical scrolling, but vertical works best.

Video Support: 

If you would like to add a background video, navigate to the theme installation folder & open up the main.xaml file located within the views folder using a text editor.

On line 16, replace the line 

<!--<MediaElement Source="{ThemeFile 'Videos/video.mp4'}" MediaElementBehaviors.Repeat="True" />--> 

with 

<MediaElement Source="{ThemeFile 'Videos/video.mp4'}" MediaElementBehaviors.Repeat="True" />

Once this has been enabled, add an mp4 video file with the correct resolution to match your screen to the theme video folder you can find in the theme installation directory & name it "video". The full title should be video.mp4

Adjusting the banner

Banner height control will be added in the next version. For now if you would like to change how images look within the banner, you can change the uniform to fill setting to fill. This ensures the banner shows the entire image but may cause distortion. You can do this by opening the main.xaml 

on line 137 locate 

HorizontalAlignment="Center" VerticalAlignment="Top" Height="500" Margin="20,0" DockPanel.Dock="Top" BorderBrush="#FF1E1E1E" BorderThickness="1">

and change it to 

HorizontalAlignment="Center" VerticalAlignment="Top" Height="500" Margin="20,0" DockPanel.Dock="Top" BorderBrush="#FF1E1E1E" BorderThickness="1" Stretch="Fill">

To Do :

- Achievement extension support
- Adjust colouring
- More variants 
- Rounded edges & buttons
- Text version instead of logos.
- Finish forum post with more information & images

RE: Fullscreen Banner - JonPD - 11-14-2020

I love this theme! It's exactly what I've been looking for, thanks so much for making it.

RE: Fullscreen Banner - Cide - 11-14-2020

Hello this is fantastic theme
but how to remove the information on the banner (time played , last played , release date , and library)

RE: Fullscreen Banner - vverb - 11-15-2020

Thanks for this theme Goose, it's exactly the kind of fullscreen look I was looking for.

RE: Fullscreen Banner - CriticalComposer - 11-16-2020

Is the top dock displaying unique code or is it basically showing the details page? For example, if I manipulate the TextBlocks for the data in the Details Page will it affect the top dock in the game list?

RE: Fullscreen Banner - Goose - 11-17-2020

(11-14-2020, 11:15 AM)Cide Wrote: Hello this is fantastic theme
but how to remove the information on the banner (time played , last played , release date , and library)

Under the main.xaml file locate the line (roughly 293)

<StackPanel Orientation="Horizontal" Margin="0,-150,0,0" HorizontalAlignment="Center" Grid.RowSpan="1" Grid.Row="1" VerticalAlignment="Center">

replace it with

<StackPanel Orientation="Horizontal" Margin="0,-150,0,0" HorizontalAlignment="Center" Grid.RowSpan="1" Grid.Row="1" VerticalAlignment="Center" Opacity="0">

You could also delete the entire stack panel but this will work fine.

(11-16-2020, 08:48 PM)CriticalComposer Wrote: Is the top dock displaying unique code or is it basically showing the details page? For example, if I manipulate the TextBlocks for the data in the Details Page will it affect the top dock in the game list?

It's using unique bindings if I remember correctly, it should let you adjust the details page separately.

RE: Fullscreen Banner - CriticalComposer - 11-17-2020

(11-17-2020, 03:06 AM)Goose Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 08:48 PM)CriticalComposer Wrote: Is the top dock displaying unique code or is it basically showing the details page? For example, if I manipulate the TextBlocks for the data in the Details Page will it affect the top dock in the game list?

It's using unique bindings if I remember correctly, it should let you adjust the details page separately.

Cool. I have some ideas to personalize the theme to my own needs but I'll wait for a few more versions as you add in the rounded corners and whatnot.

RE: Fullscreen Banner - Niwa710 - 11-25-2020

The game icons in the banner are really blurry how to fix?

https://ibb.co/JvgxLWb

RE: Fullscreen Banner - sylux - 11-26-2020

(11-25-2020, 05:28 PM)Niwa710 Wrote: The game icons in the banner are really blurry how to fix?

https://ibb.co/JvgxLWb
you need to use steamgrid extension to install the icons or go to https://www.steamgriddb.com/ and download the icons from there

RE: Fullscreen Banner - T.BON3Z - 12-01-2020

I love the theme and I've already removed the details from the main page so that it just shows logos, I feel like this is much cleaner.

What I'd like to do is replace the details when you go into a game page with ones I want, such as series, genre and completion status.

RE: Fullscreen Banner - lindigr - 01-24-2021

Love the theme and everything how it works and looks..
However I was hoping you could do a video tutorial, from scratch (only Playnite installed), and how to proceed to make this work, would really really appreciate it, me and a ton of people who suck at these things although they might seem easy to you <3

RE: Fullscreen Banner - kyotocafe - 02-10-2021

It is really nice. It would be great to have integration with the Extra Metadata Tools extension to have the logo displayed instead of the icon.

RE: Fullscreen Banner - Goose - 05-18-2021

Hi everyone, I have a new version of this theme coming up once the new desktop variant is completed soon. It will include all popular extensions as requested in addition to better documentation.

Sorry for the late response, I have been busy over the past few months but you can always find me on the playnite discord under the name Goose, I will respond on there quickly if you send a private message

RE: Fullscreen Banner - tillaz87 - 07-05-2021

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3J82IAUwTm-3q8urmdeE...w&usqp=CAU]

Would love to see a theme like this on playnite it's actually very close to full screen banner, the above is a theme for AEL for Kodi that was never actually released.

just thought I would share for ideas. Only thing playnite gets me with is the scrolling would love to seee fluid scrolling like in some of the Kodi skins.

RE: Fullscreen Banner - Goose - 07-05-2021

(07-05-2021, 10:11 AM)tillaz87 Wrote: [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3J82IAUwTm-3q8urmdeE...w&usqp=CAU]

Would love to see a theme like this on playnite it's actually very close to full screen banner, the above is a theme for AEL for Kodi that was never actually released.

just thought I would share for ideas. Only thing playnite gets me with is the scrolling would love to seee fluid scrolling like in some of the Kodi skins.

The original full screen banner & desktop banner concepts I did were actually close to this. I'll be looking properly into full screen themes again with PN9 & see what I can do with the improvements

RE: Fullscreen Banner - tillaz87 - 07-11-2021

Does playnite support animations like in Kodi you can have the scrolling always snap into position so the view is always showing 3 colloms perfect alignment like in the screenshit above

RE: Fullscreen Banner - FenixBlack1030 - 07-27-2021

Hi there! first of all, thanks for the theme. It is nice and fluid even on my pc which is quite modest. On the other hand, I wanted to ask if there is a recommended logo size, since I am going to start replacing all my icons with logos and I wanted them to be the same size. Thanks in advance!

RE: Fullscreen Banner - sdcfried - 10-15-2021

Created an account just to say that I love this theme and hope that it is updated for use in Playnite 9.

RE: Fullscreen Banner - Goose - 01-20-2022

Hi everyone

Yes I will be updating the theme for PN9 once the other 2 themes I currently have are complete.

I will let you know the best logo size once I have updated to the P9 extensions.

I will look into animation support

RE: Fullscreen Banner - Digimancer - 05-12-2022

(01-20-2022, 03:37 PM)Goose Wrote: Hi everyone

Yes I will be updating the theme for PN9 once the other 2 themes I currently have are complete.

I will let you know the best logo size once I have updated to the P9 extensions.

I will look into animation support

Pretty please! If not, Im downgrading Playnite.. Your theme is that important!