Playnite Forums
PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - Printable Version

+- Playnite Forums (https://playnite.link/forum)
+-- Forum: Extension Database (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Themes - Fullscreen (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme (/thread-492.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - Luka8989 - 02-03-2021

(02-01-2021, 09:54 PM)davidkgriggs Wrote:
(01-31-2021, 09:03 PM)draykid Wrote: Thanks, do you know how to the make the box that includes the game description wider? Also, would you know how to make it autoscroll after selecting a game?

Autoscrolling I don't think can be done but I'll take a look. 
In the next release the game details will be slighty different to be closer to the PS5 UI. I can look into adding an option to make the description wider and make it part of the turning things on and off. 
Great job man, plus equals 1: 1 to PS5 the more than one will be gorgeous

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - jordanbelinsky - 02-04-2021

Is there any way to force games to stay in alphabetical order? Love the theme!

Also how do I enable the game description? Is that only a feature of regular PS5ish? I have pure.

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - davidkgriggs - 02-04-2021

(02-02-2021, 11:26 PM)SambaNova Wrote: I like many others are really enjoying your theme; you did a really good job. But I wanted to ask:

Is there any way for us to individually adjust the raw #'s behind the theme; can we adjust the size and placements of the various visual elements: right image/being able to change the aspect ratio, description size, icon placement, etc?

Thanks fren Smile

I've made the theme as close to the PS5 UI as I can, to move things around would mean it was less like the PS5 UI, which is not really what I wanted for this theme. For me to make the numbers easily accessible for everyone to edit would mean a re-write of most of the theme to reference new numbers elsewhere. So it would take a lot of time, I might look into this in the future. You can add an issue to the GitHub and then it will be tracked, otherwise I might forget.

(02-04-2021, 08:48 AM)jordanbelinsky Wrote: Is there any way to force games to stay in alphabetical order? Love the theme!

Also how do I enable the game description? Is that only a feature of regular PS5ish? I have pure.

Yes there is, it is just hidden on PS5ish Pure, using a controller you can press the shoulder buttons (RB or LB) to cycle through the different categories of games, go through a few times and you will reach All, this will be your games in alphabetical order. 
You have the Game Description in PS5ish Pure the same as PS5ish, but it is contained on the Game Details page, so you will need to click A either on a keyboard or controller to see that.

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - Pedro Josefino - 02-04-2021

Hello, is it possible to make sure that when you change the game the game box remains in place instead of moving until the end of the screen? on PS5 this is how it works when switching games.

From 5:45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t50S_6XP7DY&ab_channel=Mystic

(02-04-2021, 03:05 PM)Pedro Josefino Wrote: Hello, is it possible to make sure that when you change the game the game box remains in place instead of moving until the end of the screen? on PS5 this is how it works when switching games.

You mean work like an Xmb menu? This has been brought up alot but it is a Playnite issue not a theme issue. Playnite would need to have the Listbox re-written to sort this. You can raise an issue on the Playnite GitHub to request this.

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - nacurutu - 02-04-2021

Hi, first of all, thank you very much 4 this awesome theme and ur hardwork doing it.

I have updated the theme to the last version available at the moment: 2.3.1 and I have notice an issue on my end (I do not know if its general)

When I turn off the right image and right information, the "Earned 0/0" keeps appearing (Trophy legend I think) (didnt happen in the previous versions)

May I ask, is there a way to remove also de "Earned" text from the right?

[attachment=1426]

Also, in the 75% of the cases when I start a game, the background music keeps playing. May I ask, Is there a way to fix that?

Thank you very much in advance.

(02-04-2021, 07:18 PM)nacurutu Wrote: Hi, first of all, thank you very much 4 this awesome theme and ur hardwork doing it.

I have updated the theme to the las version available at the moment: 2.3.1 and I have notice an issue on my end (I do not know if its general)

When I turn off the right image and right information, the "Earned 0/0" keeps appearing (Trophy legend I think) (didnt happen in the previous versions)

May I ask, is there a way to remove also de "Earned" text from the right?

Also, in the 75% of the cases when I start a game, the background music keeps playing. May I ask, Is there a way to fix that?

Thank you very much in advance.

The Earned still appearing I noticed and it will be fixed in the next release. The music should stop whenever the playnite window is not active, works fine for me. It might be the way you're launching games, is playnite minimizing when games are launched? Easy way to test is to Alt-Tab from playnite to something else, if the music stops it is working as it should and the games you're launching might be the issue.

Hi, thank you for the quick answer.

First of all, waiting for the update to remove the "earned" text. Smile

With the Music Backgroud issue, The Playnite window is minimizing when I start a game. I do not know if this is related to the the issue, but, I have a script that Runs JoyToKey everytime I run a game. Maybe that could be the problem? (I do not know becasue it doesnt happen on every game and the Script is assigned to every game I start from the menu)

[attachment=1427]

(02-04-2021, 07:33 PM)nacurutu Wrote: Hi, thank you for the quick answer.

First of all, waiting for the update to remove the "earned" text. Smile

With the Music Backgroud issue, The Playnite window is minimizing when I start a game. I do not know if this is related to the the issue, but, I have a script that Runs JoyToKey everytime I run a game. Maybe that could be the problem? (I do not know becasue it doesnt happen on every game and the Script is assigned to every game I start from the menu)

I'm not sure if that is the issue. Essentially the script for the music checks if the Playnite window is active, the music plays if it as and stops if it isn't. So something must be keeping the Playnite Window active. Realistically this is a hack way of having background music at the moment. Playnite v9 will have background music support built in and will just work, so that will completely fix the issue. I have no idea when v9 will be out though.

[quote pid='3559' dateline='1612467677']
I'm not sure if that is the issue. Essentially the script for the music checks if the Playnite window is active, the music plays if it as and stops if it isn't. So something must be keeping the Playnite Window active. Realistically this is a hack way of having background music at the moment. Playnite v9 will have background music support built in and will just work, so that will completely fix the issue. I have no idea when v9 will be out though.
[/quote]

Cool.. thanks again, and, in that case, im gonna wait for the Playnite update.

Big hugs.

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - Pedro Josefino - 02-04-2021

(02-04-2021, 03:12 PM)davidkgriggs Wrote:
(02-04-2021, 03:05 PM)Pedro Josefino Wrote: Hello, is it possible to make sure that when you change the game the game box remains in place instead of moving until the end of the screen? on PS5 this is how it works when switching games.

You mean work like an Xmb menu? This has been brought up alot but it is a Playnite issue not a theme issue. Playnite would need to have the Listbox re-written to sort this. You can raise an issue on the Playnite GitHub to request this.

I mean that on PS5 when you move the game boxes it always remains on the left, it stays fixed, on yours it moves from left to right of the screen, as I had shown in the video, I just don't know if that I'm trying to say there is to do to the XMB menu. I hope you understand.

(02-04-2021, 08:28 PM)Pedro Josefino Wrote:

I mean that on PS5 when you move the game boxes it always remains on the left, it stays fixed, on yours it moves from left to right of the screen, as I had shown in the video, I just don't know if that I'm trying to say there is to do to the XMB menu. I hope you understand.

Yes what you describe is and XMB style menu (XMB is something Sony made as a style of menu). As I said previously Playnite does not support it. So my theme cannot do it. You will have to raise and issue on the Playnite GitHub to request it.

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - davidkgriggs - 02-05-2021

05/02/2021
Updated to v2.4
Please watch the Showcase Video above to see new features.

New Features:
- Extra Metadata Tools Integration, you can now set your Profile Picture, Background Music, Background Video and Logo's via this plugin, no longer will theme updates delete your media, they will remain intact in the Extra Metadata Tools folders, see new section -- Extra Metadata Tools --
- HowLongToBeat Integration, see new section -- HowLongToBeat --
- Game Details Page updated to be closer to the PS5 UI, added option to change the width of the Game Description box, see section -- Turning Things On and Off --.
- Quick Menu Updated.

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - Pedro Josefino - 02-05-2021

(02-04-2021, 08:31 PM)davidkgriggs Wrote:

Yes what you describe is and XMB style menu (XMB is something Sony made as a style of menu). As I said previously Playnite does not support it. So my theme cannot do it. You will have to raise and issue on the Playnite GitHub to request it.

Hello, sorry if I was insistent, now I understand, I hope that in version 9 they add this function.

I have a problem now here, I installed the Extra Metadata Tools extension and my profile picture disappeared, the image is there in the media folder, however it does not appear in the theme. Do you know how to fix this?

(02-05-2021, 03:18 PM)Pedro Josefino Wrote:

Hello, sorry if I was insistent, now I understand, I hope that in version 9 they add this function.

I have a problem now here, I installed the Extra Metadata Tools extension and my profile picture disappeared, the image is there in the media folder, however it does not appear in the theme. Do you know how to fix this?

No problem. 
Please look at the -- Extra Metadata Tools -- section. If you're using this extension you no longer need to have stuff in your media folder. It is all explained in the new sections so please give them a read.

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - Pedro Josefino - 02-05-2021

(02-05-2021, 03:22 PM)davidkgriggs Wrote:
(02-05-2021, 03:18 PM)Pedro Josefino Wrote:
(02-04-2021, 03:12 PM)davidkgriggs Wrote: You mean work like an Xmb menu? This has been brought up alot but it is a Playnite issue not a theme issue. Playnite would need to have the Listbox re-written to sort this. You can raise an issue on the Playnite GitHub to request this.

No problem. 
Please look at the -- Extra Metadata Tools -- section. If you're using this extension you no longer need to have stuff in your media folder. It is all explained in the new sections so please give them a read.

Now that I've looked, you have the option of profile picture to add the image in the theme by extension, I didn't even notice it, thank you very much for your help.

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - nacurutu - 02-05-2021

(02-05-2021, 12:39 PM)davidkgriggs Wrote: 05/02/2021
Updated to v2.4

New Features:
- Extra Metadata Tools Integration, you can now set your Profile Picture, Background Music, Background Video and Logo's via this plugin, no longer will theme updates delete your media, they will remain intact in the Extra Metadata Tools folders, see new section -- Extra Metadata Tools --
- Game Details Page updated to be closer to the PS5 UI, added option to change the width of the Game Description box, see section -- Turning Things On and Off --.
- Quick Menu Updated.

Hi, thanks a lot for the Update. The "Earned" text issue that I had was fixed. You rock... Big hugs and thanks for the effort.

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - aminenr - 02-05-2021

great update , thanks

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - Luka8989 - 02-05-2021

Updated to v2.4

New Features:
- Quick Menu Updated.
Thanks for the update, I would like to remove the "game details" TAB next to the game description, you haven't explained how to do it, which then among other things the word "Platform" which in Italian becomes "Piattaforma" and word "Sony Playstation "are cut, you should solve for all the others, as I told you I want to remove this TAB, thank you very much

(02-05-2021, 10:09 PM)Luka8989 Wrote:
Updated to v2.4

New Features:
- Quick Menu Updated.
Thanks for the update, I would like to remove the "game details" TAB next to the game description, you haven't explained how to do it, which then among other things the word "Platform" which in Italian becomes "Piattaforma" and word "Sony Playstation "are cut, you should solve for all the others, as I told you I want to remove this TAB, thank you very much

Can't remove it for now. I'll try and add it to the next update to remove it easily.