Playnite Forums
PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - Printable Version

+- Playnite Forums (https://playnite.link/forum)
+-- Forum: Extension Database (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Themes - Fullscreen (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme (/thread-492.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - Luka8989 - 03-15-2021

(03-15-2021, 03:27 PM)davidkgriggs Wrote:
(03-15-2021, 03:18 PM)slymeasy Wrote:
(03-15-2021, 03:01 PM)davidkgriggs Wrote:
(03-15-2021, 02:54 PM)slymeasy Wrote:
(03-15-2021, 02:41 PM)davidkgriggs Wrote: Updated to v3.0.0

Please watch the showcase video to see how the theme now works.

New Features:
- The theme has been completely rebuilt and now replicates the feel of the PS5 UI a lot closer. Please update the PS5ish Modifier to v2.0.0 for compatibility.

It seems to stall/freeze a lot for me for some reason.

Unfortunately it uses a lot more images to achieve the look. If all your images are high resolution it will be more intensive for your system. It is dependent on how powerful the hardware is that's running it. I haven't experienced stalling or freezing personally. Can you record what is happening and send it to me? If I can see the issue I might be able to help.

I have a Ryzen 2600 and a GTX 1660Ti with 32GB of Ram running at 2666hz.

I will still need to see a video of what you are experiencing for me to be able to help I'm afraid.
For reference I have a ryzen 3800xt, RTX 3080 and 32GB Ram at 3600mhz.
Then I test it on a Razer Blade 15 with Intel i7, GTX 1060 and 16GB Ram. 
I have no issues on either machine.
I can confirm that the theme is no longer fluid as before with this latest update, it goes to the shots sometimes and if you go to media you can't go back to the list of games, before it was better, I have an i9 9900, a 2080ti and 32 giga of ram.

Then I wanted to ask how do you remove the window with all the games you have added

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - davidkgriggs - 03-15-2021

(03-15-2021, 03:34 PM)slymeasy Wrote:
(03-15-2021, 03:01 PM)davidkgriggs Wrote:
(03-15-2021, 02:54 PM)slymeasy Wrote: It seems to stall/freeze a lot for me for some reason.

Unfortunately it uses a lot more images to achieve the look. If all your images are high resolution it will be more intensive for your system. It is dependent on how powerful the hardware is that's running it. I haven't experienced stalling or freezing personally. Can you record what is happening and send it to me? If I can see the issue I might be able to help.

I will still need to see a video of what you are experiencing for me to be able to help I'm afraid.

I was just getting the video ready.

Well that looks horrible. I'd suggest you got to V2.6.0 and I'll try and make an update that is less resource intensive.

(03-15-2021, 03:37 PM)Luka8989 Wrote: I can confirm that the theme is no longer fluid as before with this latest update, it goes to the shots sometimes and if you go to media you can't go back to the list of games, before it was better, I have an i9 9900, a 2080ti and 32 giga of ram.

Then I wanted to ask how do you remove the window with all the games you have aadded

There is no getting rid of the Grid of games at the end. That's what the PS5 has. You can always just go back to v2.6.0 to have how it was previously. I'll look into adding an option to have the old style via the PS5ish Modifier.

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - slymeasy - 03-15-2021

(03-15-2021, 04:24 PM)davidkgriggs Wrote:
(03-15-2021, 03:01 PM)davidkgriggs Wrote: Unfortunately it uses a lot more images to achieve the look. If all your images are high resolution it will be more intensive for your system. It is dependent on how powerful the hardware is that's running it. I haven't experienced stalling or freezing personally. Can you record what is happening and send it to me? If I can see the issue I might be able to help.

Well that looks horrible. I'd suggest you got to V2.6.0 and I'll try and make an update that is less resource intensive.

You really think it's a resource issue? I figured it was some sort of a bug (or maybe even a configuration issue). It's only using like 25% of the GPU (max) and 10% of the CPU and when it stalls it's using 0% of the GPU. I know you are probably looking at the Ryzen 2600 and GTX 1660Ti as low spec but it should be able to handle anything thrown at it in the desktop.

(03-15-2021, 04:53 PM)slymeasy Wrote: You really think it's a resource issue? I figured it was some sort of a bug (or maybe even a configuration issue). It's only using like 25% of the GPU (max) and 10% of the CPU and when it stalls it's using 0% of the GPU. I know you are probably looking at the Ryzen 2600 and GTX 1660Ti as low spec but it should be able to handle anything thrown at it in the desktop.

No I don't think that's low spec at all. The reason it could be resource related is due to the amount of IF statements I have running to get that theme to act like it does. From your video I did wonder if you have all your cover images set as squares? If they're not and the theme is having to rezise and crop the images to squares then that could be a reason for your stalling. I've just been experimenting and I can't get it to lag at all. Even with 2048x2048 images for covers and all backgrounds 3840x2160. Do you have the PS5ish Modifier installed? Have you tried having that set to Default Mode?

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - slymeasy - 03-15-2021

(03-15-2021, 04:59 PM)davidkgriggs Wrote:
(03-15-2021, 04:53 PM)slymeasy Wrote: You really think it's a resource issue? I figured it was some sort of a bug (or maybe even a configuration issue). It's only using like 25% of the GPU (max) and 10% of the CPU and when it stalls it's using 0% of the GPU. I know you are probably looking at the Ryzen 2600 and GTX 1660Ti as low spec but it should be able to handle anything thrown at it in the desktop.

No I don't think that's low spec at all. The reason it could be resource related is due to the amount of IF statements I have running to get that theme to act like it does. From your video I did wonder if you have all your cover images set as squares? If they're not and the theme is having to rezise and crop the images to squares then that could be a reason for your stalling. I've just been experimenting and I can't get it to lag at all. Even with 2048x2048 images for covers and all backgrounds 3840x2160. Do you have the PS5ish Modifier installed? Have you tried having that set to Default Mode?

I do not have square covers and I was using uniform to fill 1:1.

(03-15-2021, 05:29 PM)slymeasy Wrote: I do not have square covers and I was using uniform to fill 1:1.

Give v3.0.1 a try and let me know if anything is improved.

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - bettafo - 03-15-2021

Good day,
Like many others I want to thank you for making and sharing that great theme!

TL;DR
  • How do I make the icons of the bottom menu (Settings, Exit, Switch to Desktop, etc.) appear while using a custom installation path (C:\Playnite with the Library location being {PlayniteDir}\library)? -------Forget this item: It is in fact because I am running Win 7
  • A non theme-specific question from someone who doesn't know xaml: What are the variables to use for displaying the different scores (I could not make PART_TextCommunityScore , PART_TextCriticScore , PART_TextUserScore work)
  • What are the variables to use for displaying the Last Time Played and the Completion Status (I could not make PART_TextLastActivity and PART_TextCompletionStatus work)
  • In what file can I mend the ListToStringConverter with a proper Separator=", " property (currently it inserts commas without spaces)?
  • In the GameMenu template (GameMenu.xaml) can the list be made scrollable? Can the FontSize be changed for listed items? Can the height of the white border (around the selected  list item) be changed?
I made a few adaptations to the details view. Not knowing xaml I did it by tinkering and trials and errors, probably spending way too much time and using excessively convoluted solutions for such simple changes, but I almost got to my aim and am rather happy Smile. Here is a screenshot.
https://imgur.com/a/7mKpEMM

Before I also start adapting the main view to my tastes, a few problems have resisted my fiddling:
-In the above screenshot, it can be seen that spaces are needed int between the successive enumerated features (the same would happen with Genre, Category, Tag...). Where can I mend the ListToStringConverter with a proper Separator=", " property ?

-The Menu icons do not appear for me (Icons for Settings, Exit, Switch to Desktop, etc.). I think the culprit is that I use a custom installation folder for Playnite (C:\Playnite with the Library location being {PlayniteDir}\library). How can I modify the theme so that these icons appear? Screenshot:
https://imgur.com/a/hM6Ht7j -------Forget this item: It is in fact because I am running Win 7

-I tried to insert copied code from the default theme to display the Last Time Played, Total Play Time and Completion status. And while Total Time Played was a success, I could not get the values for the two others to display (probably because I use the same code though they are a different types of variables: PART_TextLastActivity and PART_TextCompletionStatus). A snippet of my tinkered code:
https://imgur.com/a/RkSVRvP

- The same goes with the Scores (Community, User and Critic), which values I could not display (I tried to use PART_TextCommunityScore , PART_TextCriticScore , PART_TextUserScore). A snippet of my tinkered code:
https://imgur.com/a/3O0WrNa

- I also tried to adapt the GameMenu to my needs (some of my game entries have many related actions/documents). I managed to make it display more items, however not as many as I need. So in the GameMenu template (GameMenu.xaml) can the list be made scrollable (not necessarily with a scrollbar, just allowing to see items further down the list)? Can the FontSize be changed for listed items? Can the height of the white border (around the selected list item) be changed? cf. screenshot:
https://imgur.com/a/FW8cDMe

Thanks in advance
Cheers

PS I am still using v2.6.0 and probably won't update to 3.0 for the moment given all the tinkering I would have to redo.

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - Luka8989 - 03-15-2021

(03-15-2021, 04:24 PM)davidkgriggs Wrote:
(03-15-2021, 03:01 PM)davidkgriggs Wrote: Unfortunately it uses a lot more images to achieve the look. If all your images are high resolution it will be more intensive for your system. It is dependent on how powerful the hardware is that's running it. I haven't experienced stalling or freezing personally. Can you record what is happening and send it to me? If I can see the issue I might be able to help.

(03-15-2021, 03:37 PM)Luka8989 Wrote: I can confirm that the theme is no longer fluid as before with this latest update, it goes to the shots sometimes and if you go to media you can't go back to the list of games, before it was better, I have an i9 9900, a 2080ti and 32 giga of ram.

Then I wanted to ask how do you remove the window with all the games you have aadded

There is no getting rid of the Grid of games at the end. That's what the PS5 has. You can always just go back to v2.6.0 to have how it was previously. I'll look into adding an option to have the old style via the PS5ish Modifier.
You are the best and always very kind and helpful, thank you very much for your work.
I tried your latest version, now it's better but on startup it's a bit slow to load games and also change the games list according to the last played or alphabetically

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - xxx - 03-15-2021

(03-05-2021, 08:47 AM)davidkgriggs Wrote:
(03-05-2021, 08:22 AM)xxx Wrote: Is there a way to adjust the size of the logos? Some look very small

The logos are automatically resized to either a height of 200 or width of 550 depending on what it hits first. Usually a logo will look small because it has a lot of "Empty Space" around the actual image. If that empty space is removed it will look correct. However I could look into adding an option to change the width and height in the PS5ish Modifier if you would like?

You were right, it only has empty space around it. Thanks

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - slymeasy - 03-16-2021

(03-15-2021, 06:06 PM)davidkgriggs Wrote:
(03-15-2021, 05:29 PM)slymeasy Wrote: I do not have square covers and I was using uniform to fill 1:1.

Give v3.0.1 a try and let me know if anything is improved.

It lasted a little longer before it started stalling again.

Is there any automated way for me to get square box covers?

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - clemfandango - 03-16-2021

Having the same issue on a 10600k with 3070. I can reproduce it freezing if I hit the shoulder button to change tabs. I copied the error from the logs here when I do that if it helps: https://controlc.com/ae03529c

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - davidkgriggs - 03-16-2021

Can everyone give v3.0.2 a try and let me know if things are improved.

The switch between "Tabs" like Games and Media or Recently Played and Favourites reloads the whole grid of games but not correctly, this is a Playnite 8 thing, you might have noticed before that in fullscreen if you play a game and go back to Playnite the Recently Played list isn't updated properly, this is a known issue and will be fixed in Playnite 9 I believe, so it should speed it all up then, the problem I have is unfortunately my theme has a lot of variable bits checking the index of the games displayed so it causes a lag as the list updates slowly in the background.

@slymeasy unfortunately no there is not, SteamGridDB is supposedly adding Square Covers in the future, so then it will be possible, but for now it's not.

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - aminenr - 03-16-2021

hi great work thanks it just feel a little bit more heavy and not fluide like 2.6.0 ver I dont know if its the animation or something else

liking the progress thought and the fact that the game you chose stays in the center like XMB theme style

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - Arturo torres - 03-16-2021

(03-16-2021, 09:27 AM)davidkgriggs Wrote: Can everyone give v3.0.2 a try and let me know if things are improved.

The switch between "Tabs" like Games and Media or Recently Played and Favourites reloads the whole grid of games but not correctly, this is a Playnite 8 thing, you might have noticed before that in fullscreen if you play a game and go back to Playnite the Recently Played list isn't updated properly, this is a known issue and will be fixed in Playnite 9 I believe, so it should speed it all up then, the problem I have is unfortunately my theme has a lot of variable bits checking the index of the games displayed so it causes a lag as the list updates slowly in the background.

@slymeasy unfortunately no there is not, SteamGridDB is supposedly adding Square Covers in the future, so then it will be possible, but for now it's not.
Hello friend, it will be that this section: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pJ59H6Ork1Nc5V0ob_4uIRj0LpFdREfp/view?usp=sharing

It could be more like this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1psaVZcmMp1aaSjSbG3d3295EsmH88wwS/view?usp=sharing, Thanks

(03-16-2021, 09:27 AM)davidkgriggs Wrote: Can everyone give v3.0.2 a try and let me know if things are improved.

And on the operation of the theme, it already works a little better for me

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - clemfandango - 03-16-2021

Unfortunately it's crashing on start up for me now. As troubleshooting I used the Game Media Tools extension to tag and remove all large images, removed all extensions not related to the theme and did a fresh install of the theme and modifier extension, but none of that helped.

My collection size is about 2000 games total, could this just be too large for the theme?

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - slymeasy - 03-17-2021

Better but it still freezes for me.

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - davidkgriggs - 03-17-2021

I've updated this to v3.0.3
Fixes:
- Loads of bug fixes, I believe the main cause of lag and crashes is resolved.
New Features:
- Some new animations added.

Can everyone give it a go and let me know if it's better? Larger libraries did seem to be the cause, I think I have resolved the issue now so larger libraries shouldn't have the same lag and crashes. This version is using on average 60% less ram than the previous version for me. I've also imported a load of uninstalled games to get my library up to 600 odd games to test and I can't get it to lag or crash anymore.

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - slymeasy - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 01:51 PM)davidkgriggs Wrote: I've updated this to v3.0.3
Fixes:
New Features:

Can everyone give it a go and let me know if it's better? Larger libraries did seem to be the cause, I think I have resolved the issue now so larger libraries shouldn't have the same lag and crashes. This version is using on average 60% less ram than the previous version for me. I've also imported a load of uninstalled games to get my library up to 600 odd games to test and I can't get it to lag or crash anymore.

It's working perfectly.

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - davidkgriggs - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 04:16 PM)slymeasy Wrote:
(03-17-2021, 01:51 PM)davidkgriggs Wrote: I've updated this to v3.0.3
Fixes:
New Features:

It's working perfectly.

Great to hear!

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - aminenr - 03-17-2021

its way better for me now , thanks