Playnite Forums
PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - Printable Version

+- Playnite Forums (https://playnite.link/forum)
+-- Forum: Extension Database (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Themes - Fullscreen (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme (/thread-492.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - adhamgaber - 03-17-2021

hello, i LOVE your theme, its not an exaggeration to say it kind of got me back into gaming that's how amazing your work is.
version 3.0.3 nails the animation and the aesthetic but I have a selfish request, could we please get an option to disable the game drawer so all games can be displayed like the first few, I like the splash image for every game and I wish I could view them all like that instead of in the drawer
edit: I noticed that for uninstalled games the "play button" disappears from the main page.

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - davidkgriggs - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 09:54 PM)adhamgaber Wrote: hello, i LOVE your theme, its not an exaggeration to say it kind of got me back into gaming that's how amazing your work is.
version 3.0.3 nails the animation and the aesthetic but I have a selfish request, could we please get an option to disable the game drawer so all games can be displayed like the first few, I like the splash image for every game and I wish I could view them all like that instead of in the drawer
edit: I noticed that for uninstalled games the "play button" disappears from the main page.

Thanks for your kind words! I'm looking into adding an option to the PS5ish Modifier to have either this XMB style or the old single row style. As for the play button it is linked to the PART_ButtonPlay which is a playnite button. I guess playnite has something set that hides this button if a game is uninstalled.

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - clemfandango - 03-18-2021

It's working a lot better now, pretty much rock solid. Awesome work!

I can manage to make it crash, but only when I apply a filter as soon as it opens and before opening the full games library at least once. As long as I open that section at least once it's fine. Not really a big issue since I think there isn't much reason to apply the filter outside of the library section and I am rarely opening and closing Playnite anyway.

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - adhamgaber - 03-18-2021

(03-17-2021, 10:07 PM)davidkgriggs Wrote:
(03-17-2021, 09:54 PM)adhamgaber Wrote: hello, i LOVE your theme, its not an exaggeration to say it kind of got me back into gaming that's how amazing your work is.

Thanks for your kind words! I'm looking into adding an option to the PS5ish Modifier to have either this XMB style or the old single row style. As for the play button it is linked to the PART_ButtonPlay which is a playnite button. I guess playnite has something set that hides this button if a game is uninstalled.
is it not possible to maintain the XMB style where the icons move AND the single row style?

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - davidkgriggs - 03-18-2021

(03-18-2021, 04:10 PM)adhamgaber Wrote:

is it not possible to maintain the XMB style where the icons move AND the single row style?

No, I've manually coded the movement of the first 9 game icons for this to work XMB style. Luckily PS5 only shows the first 9 and then goes to a grid. You'd have to go back to the previous style row where the icon moves across the list to have 1 row.

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - adhamgaber - 03-18-2021

(03-18-2021, 04:25 PM)davidkgriggs Wrote:
(03-18-2021, 04:10 PM)adhamgaber Wrote:

No, I've manually coded the movement of the first 9 game icons for this to work XMB style. Luckily PS5 only shows the first 9 and then goes to a grid. You'd have to go back to the previous style row where the icon moves across the list to have 1 row.
ah I see, well the beauty if pc gaming is having options and the single row style still looks great even without centered icons!
ps: can't wait for playnite 9 to come out so this theme can reach it's final form

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - hunt363 - 03-18-2021

3.0.4 is a huge improvement over 3.0.0 to 3.0.3 in terms of performance. It looks and feels great. Sounds great too with the PS5 sounds and background music. There are some minor nitpicks though. Genres in the game details get cut off when there are more than 1, especially ones with long names (Platformer, Character Action etc). Same thing with console names (Sony PlayStation 2 etc). There also isn't a space after commas.
Other than that, the theme is great. Thank you for all the great work and updates!

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - davidkgriggs - 03-19-2021

(03-18-2021, 10:08 PM)hunt363 Wrote: 3.0.4 is a huge improvement over 3.0.0 to 3.0.3 in terms of performance. It looks and feels great. Sounds great too with the PS5 sounds and background music. There are some minor nitpicks though. Genres in the game details get cut off when there are more than 1, especially ones with long names (Platformer, Character Action etc). Same thing with console names (Sony PlayStation 2 etc). There also isn't a space after commas.
Other than that, the theme is great. Thank you for all the great work and updates!

Unfortunately the only way to display lists (like genres) is to use a Playnite converter, it doesn't add spaces after the commas and I can't modify that. The other things I'll look into though.

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - davidkgriggs - 03-19-2021

Updated to v3.1.0
Please watch the showcase video to see new features.
New Features:
- New animations added. Other visual bits to buttons.

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - slymeasy - 03-19-2021

Really stunning. Ignorance is bliss, I thought Steam Big Picture Mode was so great for years.

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - MrRobot5110 - 03-19-2021

It's getting better and better with every update, one thing is that i think it would be good if we can disable that grid view icon with the modifier plugin.

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - aminenr - 03-19-2021

hi , the last ver is excellent and works perfectly , but is there a way to disable background image for games in grid view . Thanks .

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - zeroantix - 03-20-2021

Excellent work Smile
Can I ask; how did you manage to display the PS5 Logo when you switch between fullscreen and desktop? It appears then disappears for a quick moment.

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - DragonJuan07 - 03-20-2021

how can i change the language?

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - davidkgriggs - 03-20-2021

(03-19-2021, 02:42 PM)MrRobot5110 Wrote: It's getting better and better with every update, one thing is that i think it would be good if we can disable that grid view icon with the modifier plugin.

I'll look into adding this in the next update.

(03-19-2021, 10:04 PM)aminenr Wrote: hi , the last ver is excellent and works perfectly , but is there a way to disable background image for games in grid view . Thanks .

I'll look into adding this for the next version, there is no easy way at the moment.

(03-20-2021, 07:43 AM)zeroantix Wrote: Excellent work Smile
Can I ask; how did you manage to display the PS5 Logo when you switch between fullscreen and desktop? It appears then disappears for a quick moment.

You just change the applogo images in the Images folder in the theme.

(03-20-2021, 02:59 PM)DragonJuan07 Wrote: how can i change the language?

The language changes with Playnite for most things. What is it you want to change? There are a few Labels you can change with the PS5ish Modifier extension.

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - DragonJuan07 - 03-20-2021

change the words "games" and "media" and put them in Italian

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - davidkgriggs - 03-20-2021

(03-20-2021, 11:14 PM)DragonJuan07 Wrote: change the words "games" and "media" and put them in Italian

Install the PS5ish Modifier and then on the Labels Tab you can change those to whatever you want. PS5ish Modifier is linked in the New Release section of this thread. Hope this helps. 

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - davidkgriggs - 03-22-2021

Updated to v3.2.0
New Features:
- You can now switch between XMB style and Single Row for games, please use the updated PS5ish Modifier.
- You can now turn on and off the More Games Icon via the PS5ish Modifier.
- You can now disable Game Backgrounds for the Grid view, you can also enable the PS5 background for Grid view all via the PS5ish Modifier.
- Buttons updated to be closer to PS5 UI.

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - aminenr - 03-22-2021

Hi Great improvement , thanks .

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - ZyFarS - 03-26-2021

hey bro sorry, Can you make the playstation store icon work? for example we can open it and go to steam or something else