Playnite Forums
PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - Printable Version

+- Playnite Forums (https://playnite.link/forum)
+-- Forum: Extension Database (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Themes - Fullscreen (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme (/thread-492.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - davidkgriggs - 04-21-2021

(04-21-2021, 08:31 PM)Luka8989 Wrote:
(04-21-2021, 07:55 PM)hunt363 Wrote:
(04-21-2021, 05:36 PM)Luka8989 Wrote: I have a problem with your themes, I noticed that if I install PS5ish_Modifier_2_3_0 or all the other Modifuer of the other themes, playnite drastically slows down at startup, both in desktop and full screen mode, uninstalling the extension returns everything fast and responsive to the start of playnite, I notice that the program does not respond when it has slow start, it takes even 20/30 seconds some times, solutions?
I'm not the creator of the theme or modifier extensions so take the following with a grain of salt.

I have the same problem sometimes. I noticed that when I'm completely offline (not connected to the internet via Ethernet or Wi-fi), playnite starts up almost instantly. So I suspect the slowdown is because the modifier extensions are checking for updates for the extensions themselves and the themes as well. It also depends on obviously your internet connection and also the number of extensions you have installed that will check for updates. So sometimes playnite starts up almost instantly because the connection speed is fast and sometimes it starts up slow because the connection speed is slow.

As for a solution, disconnecting Ethernet or Wi-fi when booting up playnite works, at least for me. You can connect again after playnite has started.
Thank you very much, it is true removing the internet connection is fine, but it is something that must be solved, I have a fast connection and before with the same speed it did not give me problems, it cannot go well like this, waiting for the creator of the theme to solve the problem, isn't there a way to keep playnite from connecting to the internet? How can I remove the connection and then put it if I start playnite when I start windows in full screen? It would be impossible

Hi both. Thanks for the information on this. I'll add an option in each Modifier to turn off the checking for updates. That way you won't have to turn off your Internet and you can just tick it on when you want to check for updates!

(04-21-2021, 08:38 PM)ULUTÜRK Wrote: TÜRK:
Sadece 9 oyun gözüküyor, tüm oyunlarımı geniş ekranda nasıl görebilirim?

english: (google çeviri)
Only 9 games are visible, how can I see all my games on the widescreen?

You can click the button at the end of the 9 games to see the rest of your games in a grid. Or install the PS5ish Modifier and change the Row Style to Single Row to see all games in one row.

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - Luka8989 - 04-21-2021

(04-21-2021, 09:04 PM)davidkgriggs Wrote:
(04-21-2021, 08:31 PM)Luka8989 Wrote:
(04-21-2021, 07:55 PM)hunt363 Wrote:
(04-21-2021, 05:36 PM)Luka8989 Wrote: I have a problem with your themes, I noticed that if I install PS5ish_Modifier_2_3_0 or all the other Modifuer of the other themes, playnite drastically slows down at startup, both in desktop and full screen mode, uninstalling the extension returns everything fast and responsive to the start of playnite, I notice that the program does not respond when it has slow start, it takes even 20/30 seconds some times, solutions?
I'm not the creator of the theme or modifier extensions so take the following with a grain of salt.

I have the same problem sometimes. I noticed that when I'm completely offline (not connected to the internet via Ethernet or Wi-fi), playnite starts up almost instantly. So I suspect the slowdown is because the modifier extensions are checking for updates for the extensions themselves and the themes as well. It also depends on obviously your internet connection and also the number of extensions you have installed that will check for updates. So sometimes playnite starts up almost instantly because the connection speed is fast and sometimes it starts up slow because the connection speed is slow.

As for a solution, disconnecting Ethernet or Wi-fi when booting up playnite works, at least for me. You can connect again after playnite has started.
Thank you very much, it is true removing the internet connection is fine, but it is something that must be solved, I have a fast connection and before with the same speed it did not give me problems, it cannot go well like this, waiting for the creator of the theme to solve the problem, isn't there a way to keep playnite from connecting to the internet? How can I remove the connection and then put it if I start playnite when I start windows in full screen? It would be impossible

Hi both. Thanks for the information on this. I'll add an option in each Modifier to turn off the checking for updates. That way you won't have to turn off your Internet and you can just tick it on when you want to check for updates!

(04-21-2021, 08:38 PM)ULUTÜRK Wrote: TÜRK:
Sadece 9 oyun gözüküyor, tüm oyunlarımı geniş ekranda nasıl görebilirim?

english: (google çeviri)
Only 9 games are visible, how can I see all my games on the widescreen?

You can click the button at the end of the 9 games to see the rest of your games in a grid. Or install the PS5ish Modifier and change the Row Style to Single Row to see all games in one row.
Thank you very much, I noticed that your other extensions are also having the same problem, not just the one I mentioned earlier

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - davidkgriggs - 04-22-2021

Updated to v3.5.0
Please watch the showcase video for examples of new features.
New Features:
- Added new theme Intro. Can be turned off with the PS5ish Modifier.
- Visual updates to bring the theme inline with the new PS5 system update.
- Platform on Game Grid now comes from Platform and not Category.

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - Pedro Josefino - 04-22-2021

In my startup is static, there is no animation, I know that without this animation update, here it takes a while to load all the games on the theme, is that why there is no animation?

[Image: MlJbwjf.png]

(04-22-2021, 05:25 PM)Pedro Josefino Wrote: In my startup is static, there is no animation, I know that without this animation update, here it takes a while to load all the games on the theme, is that why there is no animation?

If your startup takes longer than 5 seconds then you won't see the animation. You can try turning off the check for updates in all my modifiers as that causes it to take some time. It also depends how big your library is and what other extensions and settings you can have that affect startup speeds.

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - Pedro Josefino - 04-22-2021

(04-22-2021, 05:30 PM)davidkgriggs Wrote:
(04-22-2021, 05:25 PM)Pedro Josefino Wrote: In my startup is static, there is no animation, I know that without this animation update, here it takes a while to load all the games on the theme, is that why there is no animation?

If your startup takes longer than 5 seconds then you won't see the animation. You can try turning off the check for updates in all my modifiers as that causes it to take some time. It also depends how big your library is and what other extensions and settings you can have that affect startup speeds.

I believe it is due to the number of games, I have more than 40 games registered on playnite, I turned off the updates and disabled some extensions and it remains the same. And the time it takes to start here is about 3 to 4 seconds.

(04-22-2021, 05:49 PM)Pedro Josefino Wrote:
(04-22-2021, 05:30 PM)davidkgriggs Wrote:

I believe it is due to the number of games, I have more than 40 games registered on playnite, I turned off the updates and disabled some extensions and it remains the same. And the time it takes to start here is about 3 to 4 seconds.

I have over 400 games on playnite. With extensions and the updates turned on my fullscreen startup is around 2 second delay and then I see 3 seconds of the animation. I'll see what people say about it over time, if the general consensus is that people want the animation longer then I'll make it longer.

It is not possible in Playnite. The only reason this theme shows the first 9 icons like the PS5 is because I manually coded it that way. You can not manually code it for an entire library, its just not possible.

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - kriiismoshiro - 04-24-2021

me too
I've searched to see if it's an out-of-equality extension but nothing, I don't know what it could be. Huh

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - davidkgriggs - 04-24-2021

(04-24-2021, 02:32 AM)kriiismoshiro Wrote:

me too
I've searched to see if it's an out-of-equality extension but nothing, I don't know what it could be. Huh

I answered this a bit further up. It's a timing thing. If your playnite is taking longer than 5 seconds to startup the animation won't show. I'm working on adding a feature so you can choose how long the animation goes on for, that way people with slower loading libraries will see the animation.

Updated to v3.5.1
Please watch the showcase video for examples of new features.
New Features:
- Added theme intro length, you can now choose the length of the intro via the PS5ish Modifier, from 4 seconds long (default) to 30 seconds long.

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - Duece - 04-24-2021

David, you've done both current gen console's themes so well that I've actually been able to prank people with them.

I was wondering if you've given any thoughts to doing a theme based on the Nintendo Switch.

(04-24-2021, 06:14 PM)Duece Wrote: David, you've done both current gen console's themes so well that I've actually been able to prank people with them.

I was wondering if you've given any thoughts to doing a theme based on the Nintendo Switch.

Lol. That's brilliant! Glad they're fooling people.
Well there is already an amazing switch theme. I have thought of making a modified version of it that adds a few features but I don't want to step on anyone's toes.

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - Duece - 04-25-2021

(04-24-2021, 07:07 PM)davidkgriggs Wrote:
(04-24-2021, 06:14 PM)Duece Wrote: David, you've done both current gen console's themes so well that I've actually been able to prank people with them.

Lol. That's brilliant! Glad they're fooling people.
Well there is already an amazing switch theme. I have thought of making a modified version of it that adds a few features but I don't want to step on anyone's toes.

Well Le Mal did tell people not to hesitate in editing the skin but I respect your stance in respecting his work.

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - baooduy - 04-26-2021

Hi, how can I change the background image to video like you?

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - davidkgriggs - 04-26-2021

(04-26-2021, 04:05 AM)baooduy Wrote: Hi, how can I change the background image to video like you?

It's all explained in the guides. Please look at the thread or use the GitHub Wiki link.

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - adhamgaber - 04-26-2021

hey, amazing work on the latest update as usual!
I have this problem where playnite would run normally until i open a game and close it, when the window maximizes again it's really slow and laggy and i have to exit out of the program and start it back up to get it back running smoothly.
it always happens after i open and close any game

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - baooduy - 04-26-2021

(04-26-2021, 06:31 AM)davidkgriggs Wrote:
(04-26-2021, 04:05 AM)baooduy Wrote: Hi, how can I change the background image to video like you?

It's all explained in the guides. Please look at the thread or use the GitHub Wiki link.
Sorry i mean the intro, not the main menu :p

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - davidkgriggs - 04-27-2021

(04-26-2021, 05:14 PM)adhamgaber Wrote: hey, amazing work on the latest update as usual!
I have this problem where playnite would run normally until i open a game and close it, when the window maximizes again it's really slow and laggy and i have to exit out of the program and start it back up to get it back running smoothly.

I can't reproduce the error my end. Is there any chance you can record your screen so I can see what is happening? Is it just with PS5ish? 

(04-26-2021, 05:41 PM)baooduy Wrote:

You just need to add a background video, you can find out how via the guides, it should just use any background video you have set.

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - baooduy - 04-28-2021

(04-27-2021, 05:04 PM)davidkgriggs Wrote:
(04-26-2021, 05:14 PM)adhamgaber Wrote: hey, amazing work on the latest update as usual!

I can't reproduce the error my end. Is there any chance you can record your screen so I can see what is happening? Is it just with PS5ish?

(04-26-2021, 05:41 PM)baooduy Wrote:
(04-26-2021, 04:05 AM)baooduy Wrote: Hi, how can I change the background image to video like you?

You just need to add a background video, you can find out how via the guides, it should just use any background video you have set.
Yea I already have the background video in the menu, but the intro is still static