Playnite Forums
PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - Printable Version

+- Playnite Forums (https://playnite.link/forum)
+-- Forum: Extension Database (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Themes - Fullscreen (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme (/thread-492.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - davidkgriggs - 06-28-2021

(06-27-2021, 07:47 AM)sorry15 Wrote: DKG Theme Modifer does not show anything in "customize" tab for this theme. Is that normal or should I see some options there? (Last version of both the theme and DGK modifier)

You need to disable Default Mode to have access to customize.

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - Alesh - 06-30-2021

Do you have any plans for the Media Label?

I have an idea for it, going to the Media Label let the user acess movies or videos (since it's for Media) that are in a selectable folder. Then it would be like an offline PS5ish Netflix with subtitles options and everything a normal player would have... but I think that it is very difficult to program a plugin for this.

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - davidkgriggs - 07-01-2021

(06-30-2021, 11:59 PM)Alesh Wrote: Do you have any plans for the Media Label?

I have an idea for it, going to the Media Label let the user acess movies or videos (since it's for Media) that are in a selectable folder. Then it would be like an offline PS5ish Netflix with subtitles options and everything a normal player would have... but I think that it is very difficult to program a plugin for this.

Yes I have plans for it, for now I can't do anything. Need to wait for Playnite v9 to be able to do anything like this.

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - Luka8989 - 07-01-2021

(06-26-2021, 12:30 PM)Luka8989 Wrote: The initial theme animation is incorrect, and when exiting a game the game selection square is out of place responded to the game just played and is even bigger for a moment, none of this was happening before
Can this thing be fixed?

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - aminenr - 07-01-2021

hi , will there be in the future the possibility of adding the ost of the game to play when you select the game in the menu like this maybe the user of the theme can download a micro ver of the main theme and make it loop in the menu to save space ( great work btw this is the main theme that i use right now for every game / launcher )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRnvBVh-LxE&t=135s

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - windcross - 07-01-2021

(07-01-2021, 04:41 PM)aminenr Wrote: hi , will there be in the future the possibility of adding the ost of the game to play when you select the game in the menu like this maybe the user of the theme can download a micro ver of the main theme and make it loop in the menu to save space ( great work btw this is the main theme that i use right now for every game / launcher )

I think this is already possible with Playnite Sounds, check it out: https://playnite.link/forum/thread-432.html

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - aminenr - 07-02-2021

(07-01-2021, 07:19 PM)windcross Wrote:
(07-01-2021, 04:41 PM)aminenr Wrote: hi , will there be in the future the possibility of adding the ost of the game to play when you select the game in the menu like this maybe the user of the theme can download a micro ver of the main theme and make it loop in the menu to save space ( great work btw this is the main theme that i use right now for every game / launcher )

I think this is already possible with Playnite Sounds, check it out: https://playnite.link/forum/thread-432.html

ok thanks

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - davidkgriggs - 07-09-2021

Updated to v3.7.4
Features:
- Option to have Trailer audio on by default, use DKG Theme Modifier.

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - sulja rock - 07-10-2021

How am I supposed to disable the background music!!? That comes along with the theme ?, I've tried everything from looking for the audio file to messing with the settings but nothing seems to get rid of it, Here is a video showcasing my issue: if the video asks for pass:1234

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - davidkgriggs - 07-10-2021

(07-10-2021, 11:05 AM)sulja rock Wrote: How am I supposed to disable the background music!!? That comes along with the theme ?, I've tried everything from looking for the audio file to messing with the settings but nothing seems to get rid of it, Here is a video showcasing my issue: if the video asks for pass:1234

There is no background music that comes with the theme. You have to set background music either via Extra Metadata Tools or by copying it into the themes Media folder. By default the theme will be silent.

this is the media folder and I have nothing in it, also I have disabled extrameta data tools from playnite and I still get that music when I go fullscreen mode. any help is appreciated!
[Image: Wxls3pW.png]
[Image: wZfRYax.png]

(07-10-2021, 12:15 PM)sulja rock Wrote:
this is the media folder and I have nothing in it, also I have disabled extrmeta data tools from playnite and I still get that music when I go fullscreen mode. any help is appreciated

Although you have disabled Extra Metadata Tools the theme will still be looking for the background music of Extra Metadata Tools because you had Extra Metadata Tools installed when you installed the theme and had that pop up to enable it. Re-install the theme with Extra Metadata Tools disabled and you should then have no sound. Or just delete the music that has been set via Extra Metadata Tools. Either way the theme itself has no music as a part of it and will be silent without any extensions that are giving it music to play.

(07-10-2021, 01:14 PM)davidkgriggs Wrote:
(07-10-2021, 12:15 PM)sulja rock Wrote:
this is the media folder and I have nothing in it, also I have disabled extrmeta data tools from playnite and I still get that music when I go fullscreen mode. any help is appreciated

Although you have disabled Extra Metadata Tools the theme will still be looking for the background music of Extra Metadata Tools because you had Extra Metadata Tools installed when you installed the theme and had that pop up to enable it. Re-install the theme with Extra Metadata Tools disabled and you should then have no sound. Or just delete the music that has been set via Extra Metadata Tools. Either way the theme itself has no music as a part of it and will be silent without any extensions that are giving it music to play.

Thank youuuuu So much you are a lifesaver Heart Heart !!!!
I removed the extra metadata folder and the sound is gone!!  Big Grin

again thank you !!

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - adhamgaber - 07-10-2021

hey, i was wondering if there's anyway for extrametadata tools to steam the trailers instead of downloading them since, large libraries are gonna eat up a few gigs like this

(07-10-2021, 05:49 PM)adhamgaber Wrote: hey, i was wondering if there's anyway for extrametadata tools to steam the trailers instead of downloading them since, large libraries are gonna eat up a few gigs like this

No. However, in Playnite 9 there will hopefully be the possibility to use a different media player to play trailers, one which excepts streams. So then it would not rely on Extra Metadata Tools. We won't know until v9 is out and can test things.

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - Luka8989 - 07-12-2021

The theme from the latest updates is displayed badly at startup, I had already mentioned it previously, and once I quit a game I have played with, the theme displays another game, not the one that was previously launched

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - davidkgriggs - 07-13-2021

(07-12-2021, 10:57 PM)Luka8989 Wrote: The theme from the latest updates is displayed badly at startup, I had already mentioned it previously, and once I quit a game I have played with, the theme displays another game, not the one that was previously launched

Wait for playnite 9. These cannot be fixed without causing extreme lag for larger libraries.

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - Luka8989 - 07-13-2021

(07-13-2021, 06:53 AM)davidkgriggs Wrote:
(07-12-2021, 10:57 PM)Luka8989 Wrote: The theme from the latest updates is displayed badly at startup, I had already mentioned it previously, and once I quit a game I have played with, the theme displays another game, not the one that was previously launched

Wait for playnite 9. These cannot be fixed without causing extreme lag for larger libraries.
More than anything else, they are display errors that I didn't have before with 2/3 previous versions of the theme

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - davidkgriggs - 07-14-2021

(07-13-2021, 08:27 AM)Luka8989 Wrote:

More than anything else, they are display errors that I didn't have before with 2/3 previous versions of the theme

Use an older version then. Remember I make this theme for myself and I distrubte it for free for everyone to enjoy. This isn't my job, I am not paid to do this. The theme is constantly evolving, new features being added might break or change old ones. This theme is definitely in a Beta stage and not a final release. You may just have to wait some months for the errors you're seeing to be fixed.

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - Luka8989 - 07-14-2021

(07-14-2021, 08:17 AM)davidkgriggs Wrote:
(07-13-2021, 08:27 AM)Luka8989 Wrote:

Use an older version then. Remember I make this theme for myself and I distrubte it for free for everyone to enjoy. This isn't my job, I am not paid to do this. The theme is constantly evolving, new features being added might break or change old ones. This theme is definitely in a Beta stage and not a final release. You may just have to wait some months for the errors you're seeing to be fixed.
Yes yes of course I understand, don't worry, then I hope we can fix these bugs as soon as possible, always thanks a lot