Playnite Forums
PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - Printable Version

+- Playnite Forums (https://playnite.link/forum)
+-- Forum: Extension Database (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Themes - Fullscreen (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme (/thread-492.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - davidkgriggs - 12-08-2020

(12-08-2020, 08:33 PM)Duece Wrote: Do you plan on adding the icons for the LITE version?

No I wasn't going to. The LITE version is purely for people who want a theme that installs and just works with no additional modifications needed. As most games install with their own icons that are low res they'd look ugly and that would require people to modify their games to have high res icons. So instead the LITE is just a super simple easy theme that installs and works.

(12-08-2020, 06:31 PM)AlphaUMi Wrote: I just have to say thank you for this theme! It's absolutely wonderful! Only thing I would like to be implemented is the ability to select custom actions for games. In game details, they are shown, but are simply skipped.

I'm using portrait version 1.3 with playnite 8.10.

I'll look into this and see what I can do.

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - davbedwards - 12-09-2020

I enjoy this theme so much, it's just what I've been looking for. I set it up to the direction's, but I was wondering if you could help with my column sizing. I changed the .json file to 12 and saved, but when I close Notepad++ and reopen the file it resets itself to 10. What do I do to fix that?

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - Axellpkmn - 12-09-2020

First of all, I want to congratulate you on the excellent work you have done and tell you that I use it every day on my pc and I really enjoy it. It is admirable what you achieved.

now my suggestion would be a version where the image located on the right is deleted since in some ps5 it looks like this (I will try to attach a screenshot)

I want to thank you again for your great work.

p.d: this message was written in Spanish and translated in google translate haha

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - 2-B - 12-09-2020

This is a great theme Smile but the portrait covers version doesn't seem to work with the native Steam Dimensions 600x900. It appears cropped even with all of the proper settings.

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - davidkgriggs - 12-09-2020

(12-09-2020, 01:15 AM)davbedwards Wrote: I enjoy this theme so much, it's just what I've been looking for. I set it up to the direction's, but I was wondering if you could help with my column sizing. I changed the .json file to 12 and saved, but when I close Notepad++ and reopen the file it resets itself to 10. What do I do to fix that?

Sorry this needs to be edited with Playnite Closed. I have updated the installation instructions for this.

(12-09-2020, 06:59 AM)2-B Wrote: This is a great theme Smile but the portrait covers version doesn't seem to work with the native Steam Dimensions 600x900. It appears cropped even with all of the proper settings.

Can you send me a PM with screenshots and I'll try to figure it out.

(12-09-2020, 04:44 AM)Axellpkmn Wrote: First of all, I want to congratulate you on the excellent work you have done and tell you that I use it every day on my pc and I really enjoy it. It is admirable what you achieved.

now my suggestion would be a version where the image located on the right is deleted since in some ps5 it looks like this (I will try to attach a screenshot)

I want to thank you again for your great work.

p.d: this message was written in Spanish and translated in google translate haha

Hi there, thanks for the comments. I actually have a PS5 myself, and once you start a a game you get the black bar with achievements and other information where I have the Time Played and Platform information, the Icon appears for different reasons but comes up for most games so I thought it was most likely people would want it there. I'll look into a version without but I don't want too many versions to maintain.

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - Le Mal - 12-09-2020

Oh my god this theme is great ! But I'm also having the issue of cropped covers at the top, take a look here (I haven't changed my covers to square)

[Image: xsBUaRI.png]

(12-09-2020, 10:59 AM)Le Mal Wrote: Oh my god this theme is great ! But I'm also having the issue of cropped covers at the top, take a look here (I haven't changed my covers to square)

[Image: xsBUaRI.png]

What version of the theme are you using? It looks like the 12 columns in the json is not set or the grid view. The columns in the json must be edited with playnite closed.

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - Le Mal - 12-09-2020

Still happens :/

[Image: SUGPKPl.png]

[Image: JEUPnrg.png]

(12-09-2020, 11:51 AM)Le Mal Wrote: Still happens :/

What version of the theme are you using? What are your grid settings?

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - Leon12345 - 12-09-2020

Love this theme. At first I was repelled by prospect of having to redo my library, but Lite version indeed is very solid out of the box. Auto-crop does way better job than I expected. Thanks for sharing.

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - TobiGru - 12-09-2020

Very nice theme but getting all covers in square is quite a hassle.

I wanted to write a plugin first but noticed the google api charges for image searches.

The best i came up with to speed up this process was a little script for Autohotkey.

Press alt+1 while a games is selected in Playnite for doing all the steps descriped at the first page to get a square image.

Press alt+2 to do all steps to get to the image selection gallery with correct search strings. This may help if the game is not available for playstation.

In Action (Gif)

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - 2-B - 12-09-2020

Here is what it looks like.

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - 2-B - 12-10-2020

I cannot access the highlighted area in blue using the controller, and using a mouse to select either button in the highlighted blue area does not do anything. Not sure if anyone else has this problem.

As for UI feedback, I really think it would be better if the titles under the icon only appeared if an icon was missing. Additionally, I think I agree with the other user about the poster on the right being removed at least as an option. As it is now, basically the name of a single game appears four times at once. Although, I do understand the importance of balancing authenticity with information.

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - hunt363 - 12-10-2020

(12-09-2020, 09:06 PM)2-B Wrote: Here is what it looks like.
I had the same issue. I messed with the theme a bit and tweaked it to my liking. First off, to fix the covers being cut-off, I went to the "theme_folder\DerivedStyles\ListGameItem.xaml" and in line 19, 22, 27 and 30, changed the DoubleAnimation "To" value to 1.40 from 1.55. Then, for the cover and details on the right, I just decided to disable them by going to "theme_folder\Views\Main.xaml" and in line 299 and 303, I changed the width of the cover and details to 0 to completely hide them. Reducing the cover width will make it smaller, but the reducing the details width doesn't work all that well.

Here's what it looks like now:
[attachment=1106]

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - Le Mal - 12-10-2020

(12-09-2020, 12:18 PM)davidkgriggs Wrote:

I'm using the latest version, PS5ish 1.5, and here are my grid settings :

[Image: T6kFnkE.png]
(Columns set to 12 in fullscreenCOnfig.json)

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - davidkgriggs - 12-10-2020

(12-10-2020, 09:14 AM)Le Mal Wrote:
(12-09-2020, 12:18 PM)davidkgriggs Wrote:

I'm using the latest version, PS5ish 1.5, and here are my grid settings :

[Image: T6kFnkE.png]
(Columns set to 12 in fullscreenCOnfig.json)

You also need to set the Grid View in desktop mode to 1:1 like below:
[Image: UDEF4Gn.png]

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - Le Mal - 12-10-2020

Okay thanks ! It looks like setting the target aspect ratio to 1:1 and the columns to 12 fixed it !

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - AlphaUMi - 12-10-2020

There is a way (maybe editing a file) to increase the font size only for game descriptions?

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - davidkgriggs - 12-10-2020

(12-10-2020, 11:33 AM)AlphaUMi Wrote: There is a way (maybe editing a file) to increase the font size only for game descriptions?

Yes there is. Close Playnite and then navigate to %APPDATA%\Playnite\Themes\Fullscreen and then into whatever PS5ish you have installed. Then in the folder "Views" open up the file GameDetails.xaml in a text editor. Search for HtmlFontSize="16" and then change the 16 to whatever font size you want and save it.

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - Rokexd - 12-10-2020

Hi. Thanks a lot for the theme!

For some reason, my theme looks like this. Lastest version. PS5Ish 1.5

Grid 1x1

12 columns have verified everything multiple times.

Also, the background image doesn't show.