Playnite Forums
PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - Printable Version

+- Playnite Forums (https://playnite.link/forum)
+-- Forum: Extension Database (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Themes - Fullscreen (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme (/thread-492.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - SeeDborg - 12-27-2020

(12-21-2020, 07:42 PM)davidkgriggs Wrote:
(12-21-2020, 07:25 PM)SeeDborg Wrote: Hi, I'm on 21/9 resolution (3440 x 1440 px) and I still have an issue with the latest version : https://i.imgur.com/gisJXTj.jpeg
I'm using square covers and my ratio is set to 1:1 in options.

I would have another request too : could you make a version without the title "written" under the logo ? I find this useless since all my logos already display the name of the game...

Thanks for the good work !

Hi there. Please follow the installation instructions, you'll need to set the columns to 16 for 21:9.
I don't want another version to have to keep up to date so instead I will PM you with details on how to remove the title once I'm at my PC.

It was not working with 16... But it's perfect with 17 Smile

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - barataa - 12-28-2020

Hi, thanks for this wonderful theme. I have a question, is possible the squares not overlapping like this?

[Image: dzneLVw.png]

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - davidkgriggs - 12-29-2020

(12-28-2020, 11:28 AM)barataa Wrote: Hi, thanks for this wonderful theme. I have a question, is possible the squares not overlapping like this?

Unfortunately I have not found a way of doing this. I will continue to look into it but I believe its a limitation of XAML Listbox's.

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - barataa - 12-29-2020

(12-29-2020, 12:34 PM)davidkgriggs Wrote:
(12-28-2020, 11:28 AM)barataa Wrote: Hi, thanks for this wonderful theme. I have a question, is possible the squares not overlapping like this?

Unfortunately I have not found a way of doing this. I will continue to look into it but I believe its a limitation of XAML Listbox's.
It's ok, thanks for your work  Smile

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - Azrhod - 12-29-2020

(12-27-2020, 01:31 PM)hunt363 Wrote:
(12-27-2020, 11:24 AM)Azrhod Wrote:
(12-26-2020, 04:23 PM)davidkgriggs Wrote:
(12-26-2020, 03:25 PM)Azrhod Wrote: Hey, I did all the instructions correctly (I think) and I have this, can you please help me?

Hi there, you only have 10 icons across, not 12. I'm guessing you're using just PS5ish? You'll need to set the columns to 12 with playnite closed.
I had already changed the columns to 12 when Playnite was closed but nothing has changed, I don't know why Sad
Change "HorizontalLayout" to "true" or enable horizontal scrolling in settings when Playnite is running in fullscreen mode. That should fix it.
Okay, I'll try that thanks  Smile

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - dumlaox - 12-30-2020

First off, love the theme. I'm constantly swapping between this (using 2:3 box art with no box art on the right side), the PlayOS theme, and the Series X theme and this one might just end up being my main one for Playnite.

I do have a question, though. Where would I go if I wanted to make the game row semi-opaque? I want to experiment to see if I can make it barely visible so the background art will pop more but so far I haven't found the file and entry to make that happen.

Thanks in advance.

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - davidkgriggs - 12-31-2020

(12-30-2020, 07:33 AM)dumlaox Wrote: First off, love the theme. I'm constantly swapping between this (using 2:3 box art with no box art on the right side), the PlayOS theme, and the Series X theme and this one might just end up being my main one for Playnite.

I do have a question, though. Where would I go if I wanted to make the game row semi-opaque? I want to experiment to see if I can make it barely visible so the background art will pop more but so far I haven't found the file and entry to make that happen.

Thanks in advance.

You'll need to go to the theme folder and look in DerivedStyles folder, then open ListGameItem.xaml. If you search for:
<Border Name="mask" Background="Black" CornerRadius="18"/>

and then change it to:

<Border Name="mask" Background="Black" CornerRadius="18" Opacity="0.5"/>

The 0.5 means 50%, so just change it to what you want percentage wise.

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - davidkgriggs - 12-31-2020

Updated everything to v1.7. Last update for 2020. Have a Good New Years!

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - dumlaox - 01-01-2021

(12-31-2020, 10:31 AM)davidkgriggs Wrote:
(12-30-2020, 07:33 AM)dumlaox Wrote: First off, love the theme. I'm constantly swapping between this (using 2:3 box art with no box art on the right side), the PlayOS theme, and the Series X theme and this one might just end up being my main one for Playnite.

Thanks in advance.

You'll need to go to the theme folder and look in DerivedStyles folder, then open ListGameItem.xaml. If you search for:
<Border Name="mask" Background="Black" CornerRadius="18"/>

and then change it to:

<Border Name="mask" Background="Black" CornerRadius="18" Opacity="0.5"/>

The 0.5 means 50%, so just change it to what you want percentage wise.

Thank you very much. That worked perfectly with the box art now barely visible and the background art popping out much more.

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - rafa_risko - 01-01-2021

Hey nice theme man!
I don't see a fullscreenConfig.json file in Appdata/Local/Playnite, and my icons are cropped Sad

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - davidkgriggs - 01-01-2021

(01-01-2021, 06:51 PM)rafa_risko Wrote: Hey nice theme man!
I don't see a fullscreenConfig.json file in Appdata/Local/Playnite, and my icons are cropped Sad

If you copy %APPDATA%\Playnite into Windows explorer it will take you to the correct folder, it is in roaming btw so that's why you can't see it. If you send a screenshot of the cropped icons I can try and see which setting hasn't been applied.

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - rafa_risko - 01-02-2021

(01-01-2021, 07:47 PM)davidkgriggs Wrote:
(01-01-2021, 06:51 PM)rafa_risko Wrote: Hey nice theme man!

If you copy %APPDATA%\Playnite into Windows explorer it will take you to the correct folder, it is in roaming btw so that's why you can't see it. If you send a screenshot of the cropped icons I can try and see which setting hasn't been applied.

Worked, thanks!

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - Nemix - 01-08-2021

Logo:
site:steamgriddb.com
Game Cover:
imagesize:1024x1024 site:store.playstation.com
Game Background:
imagesize:3840x2160 site:store.playstation.com

Ignore this, just a thing for myself without the annoying '' '' from main post, I'll be bookmarking and using this in the future, thank you for the theme it is awesome, cant wait to connect my pc when my new 65 inch 4k tv comes and use it

[Image: image0.jpg]
https://streamable.com/l9hzfu

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - davidkgriggs - 01-08-2021

(01-08-2021, 09:29 PM)Nemix Wrote:
Logo:
site:steamgriddb.com
Game Cover:
imagesize:1024x1024 site:store.playstation.com
Game Background:
imagesize:3840x2160 site:store.playstation.com

Ignore this, just a thing for myself without the annoying '' '' from main post, I'll be bookmarking and using this in the future, thank you for the theme it is awesome, cant wait to connect my pc when my new 65 inch 4k tv comes and use it

[Image: image0.jpg]
https://streamable.com/l9hzfu

Glad you're enjoying the theme. It's looking great on your setup and it will look extra great on your new TV! Good point about the "" I've changed it now to have it in bold instead of being in quotes in case it is confusing people.
I've got a new update for the theme coming out soon that tidies some things up and brings it closer to the PS5 UI, so hopefully that looks even better on your new TV!

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - Nemix - 01-08-2021

Nice, looking forward to it, TV comes in 2 weeks Sad but I'll post a pic when it's here

Do you think you can make some settings to hide elements?
Like maybe hide playtime and platform, hide the buttons on the bottom and maybe hide the game name? because you have the logo and the name of the game again underneath it

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - Nemix - 01-09-2021

(01-08-2021, 10:36 PM)davidkgriggs Wrote: Glad you're enjoying the theme. It's looking great on your setup and it will look extra great on your new TV! Good point about the "" I've changed it now to have it in bold instead of being in quotes in case it is confusing people.
I've got a new update for the theme coming out soon that tidies some things up and brings it closer to the PS5 UI, so hopefully that looks even better on your new TV!

[Image: unknown.png]

Been making some changes with the help of people from discord. Maybe resize things or make  the first and last game hidden instead of being cut off like that?
BTW do you accept donations?

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - Nemix - 01-09-2021

More things I made, sorry I'm being annoying, this is just a really cool theme and I want to help and make it as good as possible.

How it is right now:

[Image: Playnite.FullscreenApp_ZgGzSIQKDs.png]

PS5 Menu:

[Image: chrome_Vn7GzivQ3K.png]

Same Positioning (but spacing and sizes are a bit off):

[Image: space1.png]

Correct Sizing and Spacing:

[Image: space2.png]

And maybe the scrolling thing, the selected game should always stay in the same place and not move around like it does right now idk how to explain it better

https://youtu.be/baCpOEqBMSA?t=22

Hmm video should start at 0:22 but it doesn't on the forum
See how the list behaves when scrolling, the selected thing stays in the same place but the background things move

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - davidkgriggs - 01-11-2021

Updated to v1.81. This version I have changed a lot of visual features, tweaking them to bring them closer to the PS5 UI. I have also re-coded sections so that they can be easily turned on and off, there is a new section below called Turning Things On and Off that explains this and shows examples.

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - GKontizas - 01-11-2021

This is the best theme I've seen so far, literally made me re-install playnite just to check it out!
I have one question, is it possible to make it compatible the successStory (the one that shows achievements) plugin to this theme?
I imagine not many people ask for it and it might not be worth the effort but I believe it would be an excellent addition to this theme!

Anyway, thanks for your effort making this theme!

RE: PS5ish - A PS5 UI Inspired Theme - eric.png - 01-11-2021

(01-11-2021, 11:33 AM)davidkgriggs Wrote: Updated to v1.81. This version I have changed a lot of visual features, tweaking them to bring them closer to the PS5 UI. I have also re-coded sections so that they can be easily turned on and off, there is a new section below called Turning Things On and Off that explains this and shows examples.
Amazing update, man! However, it seems that 2:3 Steam grids have broken in this update. The cover art is now cropped. You can see this in Kirby Air Ride, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, and Super Mario Sunshine in my screenshots. Thank you for consistently updating this theme though![Image: Screenshot_12.png][Image: Screenshot_14.png?width=2358&height=1326]