Playnite Forums
ScreenshotsVisualizer - Printable Version

+- Playnite Forums (https://playnite.link/forum)
+-- Forum: Extension Database (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Generic Extensions (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: ScreenshotsVisualizer (/thread-514.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

ScreenshotsVisualizer - Lacro59 - 12-18-2020

Informations
The plugin shows your screenshots and video capture.   

With this plugin you can:
  • scan multi folders to show screenshoots and video capture
  • move screenshots and video capture on other folders (ex cloud folder)

If the theme support function, you can:
  • add plugin data in game list in "Details View" & "Grid View"
  • add plugin data in game details
[Image: main_01.jpg]  [Image: main_02.jpg]  [Image: settings_01.jpg]  [Image: settings_02.jpg]  [Image: control_01.jpg]

Localization
The plugin is localized.
It's possible to translate the extension on crowdin

Custom theme integration
More information

Warnings
  • Playnite 9 only.

More information on Wiki
Lastest release

Changelog
v2.1
  • Playnite 9 version (not compatible with Playnite 8)
  • Fixed many bugs
  • Added screenshots manager
v2.0
  • Playnite 9 beta version (not compatible with Playnite 8)
  • Custom UI Elements for custom theme integration (see wiki on GitHub)
  • Fixed many bugs
  • Many UI tweaks
  • Added multi folders scan
  • Added default UPlay screenshots folder
  • Added basic videos support
  • Added function to move your screenshots and video capture on other folders (ex cloud folder)
v1.5
  • Added new elements for custom themes (see wiki)

RE: ScreenshotsVisualizer - jinzagon - 12-18-2020

Can I ask you which language are you using to code ?
Your work is wonderful, thank you.

RE: ScreenshotsVisualizer - darklinkpower - 12-20-2020

(12-18-2020, 04:31 PM)jinzagon Wrote: Can I ask you which language are you using to code ?
Your work is wonderful, thank you.
The source is on GitHub and is C# https://github.com/Lacro59/playnite-screenshotsvisualizer-plugin

I just tried and it works great! Any chance it could get automatic folder lookup for Steam games? Detecting the screenshots taken by steam by default by configuring the steamProfile.

RE: ScreenshotsVisualizer - sofmarch - 12-20-2020

What image formats are supported for this plugin? For example, Steam's own F12 screenshots are in .jpeg format and show up fine, but Team Fortress 2's own in-game screenshots done with F5 are saved in .tga format and do not.

Edit: Also for further versions of this plugin I'd suggest giving a right click menu option open the screenshots folder in Windows Explorer to allow the person to manage that folders contents

RE: ScreenshotsVisualizer - Lacro59 - 12-21-2020

New version (v1.1):
  • Supported files format (jpg, jpeg, png, gif, bmp, jfif, tga)
  • Integrate Steam user screenshots

RE: ScreenshotsVisualizer - sheepbeep - 12-21-2020

Some suggestions on using the integration with the default themes:

It should be configurable if the integration should be visible in the details either above (current) or at the bottom of the detail page.

If I click in the selection strip in the empty space, the screenshot will change, if I click on the image itself, the image displays as a popup and does not change the image. Perhaps a double-click should make the popup appear and normal click should just select it.

Example:
[Image: g5klPFA.gif]

Controls für image popup: 1:1, 2:1, 4:1, fit screen (aspect ratio + stretched), full screen (aspect ratio + stretched), ability to switch between images (cursor keys + Home for first, End for last); start (fullscreen) slideshow (stop with escape): delay configurable or on keypress.

Future fluff (just a pipe dream): display a cloud symbol or something similar in one of the corners of the image, if it is synched with Steam Cloud.

Other suggestions:

- if a game does not has screenshots, don't display an empty frame in the details.

- set for every game a flag "has screenshots" (or something similar), so one can filter by it in the explorer.

Bug:
- if using the arrow buttons to navigate the image strip, the screenshot area above changes, but not the strip itself (and its selected image)

RE: ScreenshotsVisualizer - sheepbeep - 12-21-2020

Suggestion:
Have an internal database of default screenshot locations for games for games like Overwatch or the like.

This is activated in the settings menu with a button "scan for known games"

The default locations file can be updated via pull/merge requests and has this format for example:

Game: Overwatch
registry_path:
folder_path: $Documents\Overwatch\Screenshots
relative_path_from_installation:

Environment Variables like %APPDATA% should be automatically resolved and $variable is a default ShellFolder (in this case, $Documents is default document folder)

RE: ScreenshotsVisualizer - Lacro59 - 12-22-2020

(12-21-2020, 09:38 PM)sheepbeep Wrote: Suggestion:
Have an internal database of default screenshot locations for games for games like Overwatch or the like.

This is activated in the settings menu with a button "scan for known games"

The default locations file can be updated via pull/merge requests and has  this format for example:

Game: Overwatch
registry_path:
folder_path: $Documents\Overwatch\Screenshots
relative_path_from_installation:

Environment Variables like %APPDATA% should be automatically resolved and $variable is a default ShellFolder (in this case, $Documents is default document folder)
I created a issue for it: https://github.com/Lacro59/playnite-screenshotsvisualizer-plugin/issues/2

New release (v1.2):
  • Added tag system
  • List screenshots can be linked with single screenshot
  • Added new options
  • Improved memory usage
  • Manage your screenshots with moving in trash
  • Many optimizations

RE: ScreenshotsVisualizer - AlecTrias - 12-29-2020

First of all I want to say thank you! I tried all launchers to finally end up here. Now I'm really happy with Playnite and your awesome plugins as my only opened launcher to start everything from there.

Your plugin works great and easy for all my steam games. Now I try to get it to work with RetroArch screenshots somehow.
I can choose my own path to the screenshots location and I can see them in the plugin.
But RetroArch has one folder for screenshots of all its games. The screenshot is named by "RomName"-"Date"-"otherNumbers"...

Would it be possible to choose this screenshot folder for all retroarch games and your plugin handles the rest? Maybe that it choose the depending screenshot by ImagePath or somehow? Hope you know what I mean, sorry for eventually bad english Smile

RE: ScreenshotsVisualizer - Lacro59 - 12-30-2020

(12-29-2020, 08:28 AM)AlecTrias Wrote: First of all I want to say thank you! I tried all launchers to finally end up here. Now I'm really happy with Playnite and your awesome plugins as my only opened launcher to start everything from there.

Your plugin works great and easy for all my steam games. Now I try to get it to work with RetroArch screenshots somehow.
I can choose my own path to the screenshots location and I can see them in the plugin.
But RetroArch has one folder for screenshots of all its games. The screenshot is named by "RomName"-"Date"-"otherNumbers"...

Would it be possible to choose this screenshot folder for all retroarch games and your plugin handles the rest? Maybe that it choose the depending screenshot by ImagePath or somehow? Hope you know what I mean, sorry for eventually bad english Smile
I created a issue for it: https://github.com/Lacro59/playnite-screenshotsvisualizer-plugin/issues/4

RE: ScreenshotsVisualizer - Lacro59 - 01-07-2021

New version (1.3):
  • Possibility of using a pattern
  • Improved plugin

RE: ScreenshotsVisualizer - eminaguil - 01-09-2021

Wow, thanks for another great plugin. Now time to take some screenshots. 
It works great with steam, but I have tried to config the image path for epic games without any success.  Huh

[Image: RCH5BPy.png]

RE: ScreenshotsVisualizer - Lacro59 - 01-11-2021

(01-09-2021, 07:31 PM)eminaguil Wrote: It works great with steam, but I have tried to config the image path for epic games without any success.  Huh
Epic games havn't a internal capture system like Steam.
Can you give more information as your configuration that not working?

RE: ScreenshotsVisualizer - eminaguil - 01-11-2021

(01-11-2021, 12:00 PM)Lacro59 Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 07:31 PM)eminaguil Wrote: It works great with steam, but I have tried to config the image path for epic games without any success.  Huh
Epic games havn't a internal capture system like Steam.
Can you give more information as your configuration that not working?

I added the game through settings -> plugins -> ScreenshotVisualizer -> Configuration -> add game ->, and after restarting Playnite, it let me change it's path. The screenshots are shown only after launching the the game. When restarting Playnite the image are not shown.

If, it was a bug for adding a non steam game, it almost works. I've tried adding another epic game and it does not allows me.

RE: ScreenshotsVisualizer - Lacro59 - 01-25-2021

New release (v1.4):
  • Added new option in game menu
  • Added new esthetic options
  • Resolved issue with auto-tag system
  • Added mouse-scroll zoom in screenshoot view

RE: ScreenshotsVisualizer - Takomancer - 05-05-2021

I keep getting the message that I need an update from 1.4.2 -> 1.4.2 with the newest update

RE: ScreenshotsVisualizer - kareha - 05-06-2021

(05-05-2021, 08:23 PM)Takomancer Wrote: I keep getting the message that I need an update from 1.4.2 -> 1.4.2 with the newest update
Getting the same message as well.

RE: ScreenshotsVisualizer - Lacro59 - 05-07-2021

You can disable the check version.
You must edit the config file in extension data folder ("Playnite\ExtensionsData\c6c8276f-91bf-48e5-a1d1-4bee0b493488" or "%appdata%\Playnite\ExtensionsData\c6c8276f-91bf-48e5-a1d1-4bee0b493488") and set at false the line (or add) "EnableCheckVersion".

RE: ScreenshotsVisualizer - stuntaneous - 05-16-2021

Would be very useful to be able to define regex for different games. My screenshots are dropped together in the one directory.

Also, videos.

RE: ScreenshotsVisualizer - Lacro59 - 05-16-2021

(05-16-2021, 02:38 AM)stuntaneous Wrote: Would be very useful to be able to define regex for different games. My screenshots are dropped together in the one directory.

Also, videos.
You can already use a template that supports regex.