Playnite Forums
Extra Metadata Fullscreen Mode Helper - Printable Version

+- Playnite Forums (https://playnite.link/forum)
+-- Forum: Extension Database (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Generic Extensions (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Extra Metadata Fullscreen Mode Helper (/thread-575.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Extra Metadata Fullscreen Mode Helper - darklinkpower - 01-27-2021

Extra Metadata Fullscreen Mode Helper | Adds support for 'Extra Metadata Loader' extension usage in certain Fullscreen Mode themes

[Image: wIKppRp.png]

Feature requests and bug reports:
Create an issue on the theme GitHub repository after verifying it doesn't already exists.
Make sure to fill all the requested information when opening the issue.

https://github.com/darklinkpower/PlayniteExtensionsCollection/issues

Description

Intended only for usage in certain fullscreen mode themes that use its own implementation of loading of logos and videos.

This extension can configure automatically certain parameters in Fullscreen Mode themes, necessary to allow to load those videos and logos.
Functionality to download logos and videos is available in the Extra Metadata Loader extension

Installation

Option A. Download from the Addons browser in Playnite.
Option B. Click here to start the install process

Usage

1. Configuration of the compatible theme will be changed in the first boot when the extension is installed, reboot Playnite after seeing this message. If it doesn't show, restart Playnite to make it appear and restart again after that as mentioned by the message.

[Image: 7Nyehcx.png]

2. There are certain functionalities for specific themes in the "Extra Metadata" extension menu in the Playnite main menu

RE: Extra Metadata Tools | Add unofficial metadata support in custom compatible themes - yo_hansolo - 01-29-2021

Hello,
thank you for this.
Do you think it's possible to add another metadata like the purchase price of games ?
Or do you know an extension that add this ?

Thank you.
Cheers/.

RE: Extra Metadata Tools | Add unofficial metadata support in custom compatible themes - darklinkpower - 02-02-2021

(01-29-2021, 03:23 PM)yo_hansolo Wrote: Hello,
thank you for this.
Do you think it's possible to add another metadata like the purchase price of games ?
Or do you know an extension that add this ?

Thank you.
Cheers/.
I think that's very different for the purpose of this extension, in my opinion it would make more sense to have something like that in the IsThereAnyDeal extension or another one. At the moment there's no extension that adds this.

New version

v1.2
  • Added compatibility with Fullscreen Mode themes.
  • Added function to delete the logo files of the selected games.

RE: Extra Metadata Tools | Add unofficial metadata support in custom compatible themes - eminaguil - 02-02-2021

Hi, just found your great plugin
Trying to incorporate it in my theme and I got a question,
How can I detect if a game has logo or not? I want to show the game name when there isn't logo.

RE: Extra Metadata Tools | Add unofficial metadata support in custom compatible themes - DanDavis872 - 02-02-2021

(02-02-2021, 04:33 AM)eminaguil Wrote: Hi, just found your great plugin
How can I detect if a game has logo or not? I want to show the game name when there isn't logo.
As I did it in Magpie, it's fortunately super easy. You can just set the title text's visibility according to a binding of the image's source value. If there is no image at the path, it returns as null.

The relevant line as I implemented it.

That block out of context:
<Style TargetType="TextBlock">
    <Setter Property="Visibility" Value="Collapsed"/>
        <Style.Triggers>
            <DataTrigger Binding="{Binding ElementName=LogoImage, Path=Source}" Value="{x:Null}">
                <Setter Property="Visibility" Value="{DynamicResource TitleTextVisibility}"/>
            </DataTrigger>
        </Style.Triggers>
</Style>

RE: Extra Metadata Tools | Add unofficial metadata support in custom compatible themes - eminaguil - 02-02-2021

(02-02-2021, 06:18 PM)DanDavis872 Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 04:33 AM)eminaguil Wrote: Hi, just found your great plugin
As I did it in Magpie, it's fortunately super easy. You can just set the title text's visibility according to a binding of the image's source value. If there is no image at the path, it returns as null.

The relevant line as I implemented it.

That block out of context:
<Style TargetType="TextBlock">
    <Setter Property="Visibility" Value="Collapsed"/>
        <Style.Triggers>
            <DataTrigger Binding="{Binding ElementName=LogoImage, Path=Source}" Value="{x:Null}">
                <Setter Property="Visibility" Value="{DynamicResource TitleTextVisibility}"/>
            </DataTrigger>
        </Style.Triggers>
</Style>

Thanks,
Yesterday just found it in your code.   Cool

RE: Extra Metadata Tools | Add unofficial metadata support in custom compatible themes - darklinkpower - 02-03-2021

New version

v1.3
  • Added selector for Profile Picture file for use in compatible themes.
  • Added selector for background music file for use in compatible Fullscreen mode themes.
  • Added selector for background video file for use in compatible Fullscreen mode themes.

RE: Extra Metadata Tools | Add unofficial metadata support in custom compatible themes - darklinkpower - 02-05-2021

New version

v1.3.1
  • Show correct theme name in dialogs

RE: Extra Metadata Tools | Add unofficial metadata support in custom compatible themes - darklinkpower - 02-12-2021

New version

v1.4
  • Added function to download logos from SteamGridDB for PC games. Logos are only downloaded for games with missing logos.
  • Fix error when canceling the selection dialog in the local file selector.
  • Fix wrong Playnite Forums link in extension manifest.

RE: Extra Metadata Tools | Add unofficial metadata support in custom compatible themes - darklinkpower - 02-12-2021

New version

v1.5
  • Support for logos download of non-PC games from SteamGridDB.
  • Improvements to game search for PC libraries from SteamGridDB.

RE: Extra Metadata Tools | Add unofficial metadata support in custom compatible themes - darklinkpower - 02-14-2021

New version

v1.5.1
  • Improved error handling in SteamGridDB API requests.

RE: Extra Metadata Tools | Add unofficial metadata support in custom compatible themes - CPacaud - 02-20-2021

Hey! Thanks for making this, adds a really nice touch to how I've set things up.

I'm getting a file access error when I try to replace/delete an existing logo (makes sense, as Playnite probably has it "locked" when it's opened) using the context menu. The error roughly reads like "impossible to delete xxxx, process can't access file xxxx, because it's currently in use by another process" (I'm on a French Win10 so had to translate the message).

[attachment=1478]

[attachment=1477]

RE: Extra Metadata Tools | Add unofficial metadata support in custom compatible themes - darklinkpower - 02-20-2021

@CPacaud

Did you get a message saying that the configuration for the theme was updated like this?
If not, please restart Playnite to trigger the change. This is to prevent file locking issues.

RE: Extra Metadata Tools | Add unofficial metadata support in custom compatible themes - CPacaud - 02-20-2021

(02-20-2021, 02:49 PM)darklinkpower Wrote: @CPacaud

Did you get a message saying that the configuration for the theme was updated like this?
If not, please restart Playnite to trigger the change. This is to prevent file locking issues.

I'm pretty sure I did get it, yes. I've had the extension installed for a while and just updated version. I guess I could try uninstalling it and reinstalling it!

RE: Extra Metadata Tools | Add unofficial metadata support in custom compatible themes - darklinkpower - 02-20-2021

(02-20-2021, 02:50 PM)CPacaud Wrote:
(02-20-2021, 02:49 PM)darklinkpower Wrote: @CPacaud

I'm pretty sure I did get it, yes. I've had the extension installed for a while and just updated version. I guess I could try uninstalling it and reinstalling it!
Can you restart Playnite once again to make sure and then send me the file %AppData%\Playnite\Themes\Desktop\Harmony_d49ef7bc-49de-4fd0-9a67-bd1f26b56047\Constants.xaml

Just restarted, here you go! File seems to show last modified on 02/02 though.

https://we.tl/t-ToCI6DoJcq

Quick update: I uninstalled and reinstalled Harmony. I did get the popup you mentioned (about the Extra Metadata config), restarted, and tried deleting a logo. I still get the file access error, for some reason.

RE: Extra Metadata Tools | Add unofficial metadata support in custom compatible themes - psyorange - 04-21-2021

Enjoying the plugin ! I want different background videos playing, according to what game is highlighted/selected in the ps5-ish menu. Any chance you might implement this/ is this already possible?

RE: Extra Metadata Tools | Add unofficial metadata support in custom compatible themes - darklinkpower - 05-12-2021

Extra Metadata Tools Video

New version
v1.1
  • Added filtering to local file selector to only show videos
  • Fixed moving the original file in the local item selector instead of copying it when conversion is not necessary
  • Added function to download trailer videos from youtube for selected games
  • Added function to show a search windows to dowload videos from youtube for the selected game
  • Fix error when trying to process videos that have an invalid or corrupted pixel format

Be aware that the extension now needs the youtube-dl executable to work.

RE: Extra Metadata Tools | Add unofficial metadata support in custom compatible themes - sheepbeep - 05-14-2021

Where should I put the ffmpeg and youtube executables in order to work for the video feature?

RE: Extra Metadata Tools | Add unofficial metadata support in custom compatible themes - darklinkpower - 05-15-2021

(05-14-2021, 05:11 PM)sheepbeep Wrote: Where should I put the ffmpeg and youtube executables in order to work for the video feature?
Anywhere you want, you'll get a dialog to select them wherever they are located.