Playnite Forums
Extra Metadata Tools | Add unofficial metadata support in custom compatible themes - Printable Version

+- Playnite Forums (https://playnite.link/forum)
+-- Forum: Extension Database (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Generic Extensions (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Extra Metadata Tools | Add unofficial metadata support in custom compatible themes (/thread-575.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Extra Metadata Tools | Add unofficial metadata support in custom compatible themes - darklinkpower - 01-27-2021

Extra Metadata Tools | Add unofficial metadata support in custom compatible themes

[Image: wIKppRp.png]

Feature requests and bug reports:
Create an issue on the theme GitHub repository after verifying it doesn't already exists.
Make sure to fill all the requested information when opening the issue.

https://github.com/darklinkpower/PlayniteExtensionsCollection/issues

Description

This extension is a companion tool to add unofficial support for new metadata in supported custom themes. Currently it can add unofficial logo support in compatible themes. Custom implementation in themes done by @DanDavis872 and @joyrider3774

GitHub Repository: https://github.com/darklinkpower/PlayniteScriptExtensions

The extension has the following functionalities:
1. Open the Extra Metadata directory of a game.
2. Add unofficial logo supports without needing to replace the icons asset as it's been done in some custom themes. Logo support includes:
  • Automatic logos download for games available on Steam
  • Add logo via file selection from local file
  • Add logo via URL input
  • Automatic moving of game icon to custom logo location for cases where the icon asset has been used as a logo replacement in a theme.
  • Download of trailers and microtrailer videos from Steam for viewing in compatible custom themes.
  • Functionality to set local videos to games.
List of compatible custom Desktop mode themes (Compatible features and themes might not be up to date): List of compatible custom Fullscreen mode themes (Compatible features and themes might not be up to date): Implementation tutorial of logos for theme developers: https://github.com/Tally/Magpie-Playnite-Theme/wiki/Example-Implementation-of-ExtraMetadata-Images
Commit example of logos implementation: https://github.com/darklinkpower/Harmony/commit/5268f19628193b62ad0a0ba48bdd5c6c46f537ea

Installation

1. Download the latest *.pext extension file from the Download section
2. Open the file or drag and drop it to the Playnite main window to install.

Usage

1. Configuration of the compatible theme will be changed in the first boot when the extension is installed, reboot Playnite after seeing this message. If it doesn't show, restart Playnite to make it appear and restart again after that as mentioned by the message.

[Image: 7Nyehcx.png]

2. See available functions in Right Click Menu -> Extra Metadata Tools

Screenshots

Magpie

[Image: V9Bv7Fo.png]

Stardust

[Image: cpIDzV1.jpg]

Changelog Extra Metadata Tools

v1.1.1
  • Initial Release
v1.1.2
  • Fix not finding constants file when theme Id has certain characters
v1.2
  • Added compatibility with Fullscreen Mode themes.
  • Added function to delete the logo files of the selected games.
v1.3
  • Added selector for Profile Picture file for use in compatible themes.
  • Added selector for background music file for use in compatible Fullscreen mode themes.
  • Added selector for background video file for use in compatible Fullscreen mode themes.
v1.3.1
  • Show correct theme name in dialogs
v1.4
  • Added function to download logos from SteamGridDB for PC games. Logos are only downloaded for games with missing logos.
  • Fix error when canceling the selection dialog in the local file selector.
  • Fix wrong Playnite Forums link in extension manifest.
v1.5
  • Support for logos download of non-PC games from SteamGridDB.
  • Improvements to game search for PC libraries from SteamGridDB.

v1.5.1
  • Improved error handling in SteamGridDB API requests.

v1.6
  • Added functionality to search and dowload logos from google (By joyrider 3774)

Changelog Extra Metadata Tools Video

v1.0
  • Initial Release
v1.1
  • Added filtering to local file selector to only show videos
  • Fixed moving the original file in the local item selector instead of copying it when conversion is not necessary
  • Added function to download trailer videos from youtube for selected games
  • Added function to show a search windows to dowload videos from youtube for the selected game
  • Fix error when trying to process videos that have an invalid or corrupted pixel format
Be aware that the extension now needs the youtube-dl executable to work.

v1.2
  • Added function to add tags that indicate if a game is missing a logo, trailer video or microtrailer video asset
  • Detect and add tags that indicate if a game is missing an asset on library update or when using a video function on a game automatically
  • Extension no longer skips games if it is detected that they have an existing asset that the used function will get
  • Limit length of videos in the youtube search function to 4 minutes or less
  • Fix error when video path contains spaces or special characters
  • Fix generate microtrailer function failing when PC culture doesn't use a dot for decimal separator
  • Fix when video is corrupted and width or height can't be detected

v1.2.1
  • Fix youtube downloads failing if user paths contained spaces

Download

Both extensions must be installed to achieve full functionality in custom themes with integrations!

Note: You need the ffprobe and ffmpeg executables to be able to use the video functions. They can be downloaded from here: https://www.gyan.dev/ffmpeg/builds/ffmpeg-release-essentials.7z

Note: You need the youtube-dl executable to be able to use the video functions. It can be downloaded from here: http://ytdl-org.github.io/youtube-dl/download.html

1. Extra Metadata Tools (Mandatory to install):
Download link

2. Extra Metadata Tools Video (Optional):
Download link

RE: Extra Metadata Tools | Add unofficial metadata support in custom compatible themes - yo_hansolo - 01-29-2021

Hello,
thank you for this.
Do you think it's possible to add another metadata like the purchase price of games ?
Or do you know an extension that add this ?

Thank you.
Cheers/.

RE: Extra Metadata Tools | Add unofficial metadata support in custom compatible themes - darklinkpower - 02-02-2021

(01-29-2021, 03:23 PM)yo_hansolo Wrote: Hello,
thank you for this.
Do you think it's possible to add another metadata like the purchase price of games ?
Or do you know an extension that add this ?

Thank you.
Cheers/.
I think that's very different for the purpose of this extension, in my opinion it would make more sense to have something like that in the IsThereAnyDeal extension or another one. At the moment there's no extension that adds this.

New version

v1.2
  • Added compatibility with Fullscreen Mode themes.
  • Added function to delete the logo files of the selected games.

RE: Extra Metadata Tools | Add unofficial metadata support in custom compatible themes - eminaguil - 02-02-2021

Hi, just found your great plugin
Trying to incorporate it in my theme and I got a question,
How can I detect if a game has logo or not? I want to show the game name when there isn't logo.

RE: Extra Metadata Tools | Add unofficial metadata support in custom compatible themes - DanDavis872 - 02-02-2021

(02-02-2021, 04:33 AM)eminaguil Wrote: Hi, just found your great plugin
How can I detect if a game has logo or not? I want to show the game name when there isn't logo.
As I did it in Magpie, it's fortunately super easy. You can just set the title text's visibility according to a binding of the image's source value. If there is no image at the path, it returns as null.

The relevant line as I implemented it.

That block out of context:
<Style TargetType="TextBlock">
    <Setter Property="Visibility" Value="Collapsed"/>
        <Style.Triggers>
            <DataTrigger Binding="{Binding ElementName=LogoImage, Path=Source}" Value="{x:Null}">
                <Setter Property="Visibility" Value="{DynamicResource TitleTextVisibility}"/>
            </DataTrigger>
        </Style.Triggers>
</Style>

RE: Extra Metadata Tools | Add unofficial metadata support in custom compatible themes - eminaguil - 02-02-2021

(02-02-2021, 06:18 PM)DanDavis872 Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 04:33 AM)eminaguil Wrote: Hi, just found your great plugin
As I did it in Magpie, it's fortunately super easy. You can just set the title text's visibility according to a binding of the image's source value. If there is no image at the path, it returns as null.

The relevant line as I implemented it.

That block out of context:
<Style TargetType="TextBlock">
    <Setter Property="Visibility" Value="Collapsed"/>
        <Style.Triggers>
            <DataTrigger Binding="{Binding ElementName=LogoImage, Path=Source}" Value="{x:Null}">
                <Setter Property="Visibility" Value="{DynamicResource TitleTextVisibility}"/>
            </DataTrigger>
        </Style.Triggers>
</Style>

Thanks,
Yesterday just found it in your code.   Cool

RE: Extra Metadata Tools | Add unofficial metadata support in custom compatible themes - darklinkpower - 02-03-2021

New version

v1.3
  • Added selector for Profile Picture file for use in compatible themes.
  • Added selector for background music file for use in compatible Fullscreen mode themes.
  • Added selector for background video file for use in compatible Fullscreen mode themes.

RE: Extra Metadata Tools | Add unofficial metadata support in custom compatible themes - darklinkpower - 02-05-2021

New version

v1.3.1
  • Show correct theme name in dialogs

RE: Extra Metadata Tools | Add unofficial metadata support in custom compatible themes - darklinkpower - 02-12-2021

New version

v1.4
  • Added function to download logos from SteamGridDB for PC games. Logos are only downloaded for games with missing logos.
  • Fix error when canceling the selection dialog in the local file selector.
  • Fix wrong Playnite Forums link in extension manifest.

RE: Extra Metadata Tools | Add unofficial metadata support in custom compatible themes - darklinkpower - 02-12-2021

New version

v1.5
  • Support for logos download of non-PC games from SteamGridDB.
  • Improvements to game search for PC libraries from SteamGridDB.

RE: Extra Metadata Tools | Add unofficial metadata support in custom compatible themes - darklinkpower - 02-14-2021

New version

v1.5.1
  • Improved error handling in SteamGridDB API requests.

RE: Extra Metadata Tools | Add unofficial metadata support in custom compatible themes - CPacaud - 02-20-2021

Hey! Thanks for making this, adds a really nice touch to how I've set things up.

I'm getting a file access error when I try to replace/delete an existing logo (makes sense, as Playnite probably has it "locked" when it's opened) using the context menu. The error roughly reads like "impossible to delete xxxx, process can't access file xxxx, because it's currently in use by another process" (I'm on a French Win10 so had to translate the message).

[attachment=1478]

[attachment=1477]

RE: Extra Metadata Tools | Add unofficial metadata support in custom compatible themes - darklinkpower - 02-20-2021

@CPacaud

Did you get a message saying that the configuration for the theme was updated like this?
If not, please restart Playnite to trigger the change. This is to prevent file locking issues.

RE: Extra Metadata Tools | Add unofficial metadata support in custom compatible themes - CPacaud - 02-20-2021

(02-20-2021, 02:49 PM)darklinkpower Wrote: @CPacaud

Did you get a message saying that the configuration for the theme was updated like this?
If not, please restart Playnite to trigger the change. This is to prevent file locking issues.

I'm pretty sure I did get it, yes. I've had the extension installed for a while and just updated version. I guess I could try uninstalling it and reinstalling it!

RE: Extra Metadata Tools | Add unofficial metadata support in custom compatible themes - darklinkpower - 02-20-2021

(02-20-2021, 02:50 PM)CPacaud Wrote:
(02-20-2021, 02:49 PM)darklinkpower Wrote: @CPacaud

I'm pretty sure I did get it, yes. I've had the extension installed for a while and just updated version. I guess I could try uninstalling it and reinstalling it!
Can you restart Playnite once again to make sure and then send me the file %AppData%\Playnite\Themes\Desktop\Harmony_d49ef7bc-49de-4fd0-9a67-bd1f26b56047\Constants.xaml

Just restarted, here you go! File seems to show last modified on 02/02 though.

https://we.tl/t-ToCI6DoJcq

Quick update: I uninstalled and reinstalled Harmony. I did get the popup you mentioned (about the Extra Metadata config), restarted, and tried deleting a logo. I still get the file access error, for some reason.

RE: Extra Metadata Tools | Add unofficial metadata support in custom compatible themes - psyorange - 04-21-2021

Enjoying the plugin ! I want different background videos playing, according to what game is highlighted/selected in the ps5-ish menu. Any chance you might implement this/ is this already possible?

RE: Extra Metadata Tools | Add unofficial metadata support in custom compatible themes - darklinkpower - 05-12-2021

Extra Metadata Tools Video

New version
v1.1
  • Added filtering to local file selector to only show videos
  • Fixed moving the original file in the local item selector instead of copying it when conversion is not necessary
  • Added function to download trailer videos from youtube for selected games
  • Added function to show a search windows to dowload videos from youtube for the selected game
  • Fix error when trying to process videos that have an invalid or corrupted pixel format

Be aware that the extension now needs the youtube-dl executable to work.

RE: Extra Metadata Tools | Add unofficial metadata support in custom compatible themes - sheepbeep - 05-14-2021

Where should I put the ffmpeg and youtube executables in order to work for the video feature?

RE: Extra Metadata Tools | Add unofficial metadata support in custom compatible themes - darklinkpower - 05-15-2021

(05-14-2021, 05:11 PM)sheepbeep Wrote: Where should I put the ffmpeg and youtube executables in order to work for the video feature?
Anywhere you want, you'll get a dialog to select them wherever they are located.