Playnite Forums
SteamNite 2.0 - Printable Version

+- Playnite Forums (https://playnite.link/forum)
+-- Forum: Extension Database (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Themes - Desktop (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: SteamNite 2.0 (/thread-58.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: SteamNite 2.0 - DenalB - 08-19-2020

Thank you very much for this nice theme!

But I have a question to version 2.3 of the theme. At the buttom I have some space left. I'm using a resolution of 1920x1200px. May be the theme is optimized for 1920x1080px only? :/

[attachment=573]

RE: SteamNite 2.0 - Le Mal - 08-20-2020

(08-14-2020, 04:00 PM)TheCatWheel Wrote: Is it possible to integrate this theme with the HowLongToBeat extension so that the Howlongtobeat time and stuff appear as part of the description for every game? Here's a screenshot of kinda what I'm thinking of. (The description is of a game in my library, and the howlongtobeat info comes from the window as it appears in the HowLongToBeat extension right now)

https://imgur.com/a/G8ODtzP
I will investigate that, though I'm not sure when I will take care of it

(08-15-2020, 10:45 AM)didyz Wrote: Hello, is there a simple way to move the infos section (with the play button, description, links...etc) to give more room to the background of the game ? Thanks
Go to  C:\Users\"User"\AppData\Roaming\Playnite\SteamNite\Views, and open the file "DetailsViewGameOverview.xaml". There, go to line 35, beginning by <Dockpanel , and change the second value of Margin="15,260,0,0" to whatever you like.

For example, if you want to push everything down, increase the value from 260 to 360 or anything higher.
Keep in mind this is experimental and some unexpected stuff can happen.

(08-19-2020, 03:52 PM)DenalB Wrote: Thank you very much for this nice theme!

But I have a question to version 2.3 of the theme. At the buttom I have some space left. I'm using a resolution of 1920x1200px. May be the theme is optimized for 1920x1080px only? :/
Yup, the theme is optimized for 16:9 screens, and though I tried to make it work seamlessly for 16:10 screens, I've never got any feedback. You can increase the info box by doing this :

Go to  C:\Users\"User"\AppData\Roaming\Playnite\SteamNite\Views, and open the file "DetailsViewGameOverview.xaml". There, go to line 175 and change the value of Height="250" to something like 300. This should do the trick.

RE: SteamNite 2.0 - DenalB - 08-20-2020

(08-20-2020, 10:22 AM)Le Mal Wrote: Go to  C:\Users\"User"\AppData\Roaming\Playnite\SteamNite\Views, and open the file "DetailsViewGameOverview.xaml". There, go to line 175 and change the value of Height="250" to something like 300. This should do the trick.

That's it! I took 350 and it looks perfect now. Smile

[attachment=579]

Thank you very much!

RE: SteamNite 2.0 - sheepbeep - 08-24-2020

I really like the theme, but alas, I would really make the hero banner smaller (at least half size) and the description corresponding bigger, but I have the impression that the values in the details views are very static and all goes kaput if I try to edit the heights....

RE: SteamNite 2.0 - Darthagnon - 09-29-2020

I'm playing on 1080p, and the description isn't properly scrollable :'( making it illegible... the text description (often very long) is stuck in a tiny box at the bottom of the screen, instead of scrolling with everything like in the default theme.

RE: SteamNite 2.0 - Le Mal - 09-30-2020

(09-29-2020, 05:25 PM)Darthagnon Wrote: I'm playing on 1080p, and the description isn't properly scrollable :'( making it illegible... the text description (often very long) is stuck in a tiny box at the bottom of the screen, instead of scrolling with everything like in the default theme.
Hum... This is strange, the theme works perfectly at 1080p. Are you sure the game's description is long enough ?

RE: SteamNite 2.0 - FF7CloudsNobody - 10-01-2020

Hey, created a pull request on the 1080p version simply adding support for SuccessStory a while back, take a look and make whatever edits you want to. I'm planning on adding more and even doing a slight adjustment of the layout. When I get back to the project, I'll create pull requests when I'm satisfied with a change myself

RE: SteamNite 2.0 - Destinyblade - 10-02-2020

I can't scroll up or down in the description panel in grid or details view. It just stays stuck at one place. I saw this problem with emixednite too

RE: SteamNite 2.0 - XoCaliburn - 10-10-2020

When you go to <Dockpanel , and change the second value of Margin="15,260,0,0" to whatever you like the detail does move down but the actual blue part does not move along with it so the background doesn't become more visible. Its just that the play button and info moves down while there is a thick blue border above it. How do you move EVERYTHING?

RE: SteamNite 2.0 - morgenman - 10-13-2020

Hey, I fixed some annoyances with this:
First of all, you can use any size background image now, not just steam sized banners. 
Also, if your game has a big page of details, the whole window scrolls, instead of just the small box on the bottom. This is how steam works. 
The only problem is with big descriptions, the settings and info buttons get placed weird, gotta fix that still. 
I think it looks good. 
To use it, replace DetailsViewGameOverview.xaml with the one attached. 

[Image: IU9exl3.png]
[Image: S9EEC3P.png]

RE: SteamNite 2.0 - culturesh0ck - 10-18-2020

Hi! I'm brand new to Playnite so I might just be doing something wrong, but when I try to install this theme by dragging it onto the Playnite window I just get an error message reading:

"Failed to install theme.
Theme is not packaged properly."

Would appreciate a hand!

RE: SteamNite 2.0 - Mellified - 10-18-2020

(10-18-2020, 07:35 PM)culturesh0ck Wrote: Hi! I'm brand new to Playnite so I might just be doing something wrong, but when I try to install this theme by dragging it onto the Playnite window I just get an error message reading:

"Failed to install theme.
Theme is not packaged properly."

Would appreciate a hand!
Install Playnite 8.2 to fix this.

RE: SteamNite 2.0 - culturesh0ck - 10-18-2020

I uninstalled 8.3 and installed 8.2 and the issue persists.

edit: I found a workaround by downloading the source .zip and extracting it into Themes/Desktop, but I tried installing other themes using the drag-and-drop method but I get the same error.

RE: SteamNite 2.0 - Le Mal - 10-18-2020

This is because Playnite 8 changed how a theme should be packed. I'm gonna update it to make it compatible with Playnite 8.x

RE: SteamNite 2.0 - culturesh0ck - 10-19-2020

I appreciate that, the theme is really sleek btw

RE: SteamNite 2.0 - DenalB - 10-19-2020

(10-18-2020, 10:11 PM)Le Mal Wrote: I'm gonna update it to make it compatible with Playnite 8.x
Looking forward to this update. Just got my new monitor and wanted to install the HighRes Theme but run into this error. Smile

RE: SteamNite 2.0 - minititof - 10-23-2020

Hi there, first of all, thank you for this beautiful theme. I managed to install it on Playnite 8 by decompressing the zip.
I have a suggestion/question:

So in Steam, the cover arts have a glossy look, that is accentuated when the mouse hovers it:

[Image: 7lyZZ8S.png] => [Image: REUGNUX.png]

In your skin, this behavior looks like this:

[Image: t5BHthR.png] => [Image: lAgeqQF.png]

So here are my questions:
  • Is it possible to achieve that glossy look in Playnite, at least on hover, instead of the whitening that happens now?

• Is it possible to not display the Play and Info buttons at the bottom left and right of the art when hovering?
I don't know anything about Playnite theming for the moment but I am willing to doing it myself if that helps. Could you tell me which files of the theme I am supposed to look at?

Btw I love your profile picture Wink

RE: SteamNite 2.0 - morgenman - 10-24-2020

Hey it was brought to my attention that my fixes I did for this theme got taken down for some reason, so here is the file again:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kFd96wkST-PdZGUeSqOiDGhAkT63LBDN/view?usp=sharing
Cheers

RE: SteamNite 2.0 - an_angry_mexican - 10-29-2020

(10-24-2020, 03:32 AM)morgenman Wrote: Hey it was brought to my attention that my fixes I did for this theme got taken down for some reason, so here is the file again:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kFd96wkST-PdZGUeSqOiDGhAkT63LBDN/view?usp=sharing
Cheers

This looks great, I liked it! Looking forward for that fix of the icons, since, yeah... they look a bit... weird

[attachment=933]

RE: SteamNite 2.0 - chaoling - 10-29-2020

My PLaynite is version 8.5
I have an error when trying to install in Drag drop mode (Failed to install theme.Theme is not packaged properly.)
I ignore this error and install using zip fil extraction.
The theme works only in Desktop mode,
Full mode appears in the list but does not work when selected.
The Desktop works but when I click on the Grid mode details icon, it looks like I showed in the print and I can't see any details of the game
I use 4K TV, and also try the Hi_res version, but the same thing happens.