Playnite Forums
QuickSearch - Launch Games and Run Commands by Search - Printable Version

+- Playnite Forums (https://playnite.link/forum)
+-- Forum: Extension Database (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Generic Extensions (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: QuickSearch - Launch Games and Run Commands by Search (/thread-677.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: QuickSearch - Launch Games and Run Commands by Search - felixkmh - 03-26-2022

(03-25-2022, 01:00 PM)Giodude Wrote: Is there a way you can get this to work in full screen mode? I'm writing a script that uses this extension, though right now it doesn't work in full screen mode. Thanks!

Not sure if that would be possible. Navigation in fullscreen mode works differently than navigation in desktop mode. This is not something I am looking into right now, and I don't really plan to either, sorry about that.

(03-25-2022, 06:19 PM)poetickatana Wrote: I know there's an "update all libraries" command (equivalent to F5), but is it possible to have commands to update specific libraries? e.g. "update steam"

Yes, it is possible and I might add this in the next update.

But, it is not covered by the Playnite API, and as such there are no guarantees that it will continue to function in future updates as well.

RE: QuickSearch - Launch Games and Run Commands by Search - felixkmh - 03-26-2022

(03-25-2022, 01:00 PM)Giodude Wrote: Is there a way you can get this to work in full screen mode? I'm writing a script that uses this extension, though right now it doesn't work in full screen mode. Thanks!

I just saw the post on reddit on what you would need that for. If all you need it for is that, and don't care about it not looking right and not having support for controllers and an on-screen keyboard, then I could enable it for fullscreen mode. But I won't put in an option for it in the UI, as it is really not optimized for fullscreen mode. I can add an option in the config.json file that you can toggle to enable QuickSearch in fullscreen mode.

I uploaded a build with that option included, but it is disabled by default.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ardf3wsiztmrnr/felixkmh_QuickSearch_Plugin_2_16_0.pext?dl=0

You just need to set "EnableInFullscreenMode" to true in the config.json for QuickSearch while Playnite isn't running. This option will only appear once Playnite exited after it started with the new version.

RE: QuickSearch - Launch Games and Run Commands by Search - Giodude - 03-27-2022

(03-26-2022, 04:03 PM)felixkmh Wrote:

I just saw the post on reddit on what you would need that for. If all you need it for is that, and don't care about it not looking right and not having support for controllers and an on-screen keyboard, then I could enable it for fullscreen mode. But I won't put in an option for it in the UI, as it is really not optimized for fullscreen mode. I can add an option in the config.json file that you can toggle to enable QuickSearch in fullscreen mode.

I uploaded a build with that option included, but it is disabled by default.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ardf3wsiztmrnr/felixkmh_QuickSearch_Plugin_2_16_0.pext?dl=0

You just need to set "EnableInFullscreenMode" to true in the config.json for QuickSearch while Playnite isn't running. This option will only appear once Playnite exited after it started with the new version.

Thanks, it works nearly perfectly! The only issue right now is it displays the current highlighted game's icon when launching the game instead of the actual game i'm launching. Not really sure if there's a fix for that. Besides that though, the script works perfectly in fullscreen! Thanks so much, this makes automation with google assistant so much easier!

RE: QuickSearch - Launch Games and Run Commands by Search - nipzthegreat - 04-24-2022

hi i cant seem to figure this out when i search it stays black. any advice https://i.imgur.com/a29hyuX.jpeg

RE: QuickSearch - Launch Games and Run Commands by Search - felixkmh - 04-24-2022

(04-24-2022, 07:09 AM)nipzthegreat Wrote: hi i cant seem to figure this out when i search it stays black. any advice https://i.imgur.com/a29hyuX.jpeg

That looks nothing like it should. Does the same thing happen with the default theme?

RE: QuickSearch - Launch Games and Run Commands by Search - felixkmh - 04-24-2022

(04-24-2022, 07:09 AM)nipzthegreat Wrote: hi i cant seem to figure this out when i search it stays black. any advice https://i.imgur.com/a29hyuX.jpeg

This seems to be an issue with the Magpie GBV (Extended) Theme. I am getting the same behavior with that theme.

RE: QuickSearch - Launch Games and Run Commands by Search - nipzthegreat - 04-25-2022

(04-24-2022, 10:28 AM)felixkmh Wrote:

That looks nothing like it should. Does the same thing happen with the default theme?
 that was the issue i hope they can get it sorted out i really like that theme

RE: QuickSearch - Launch Games and Run Commands by Search - felixkmh - 04-25-2022

(04-25-2022, 05:12 AM)nipzthegreat Wrote:

Then make sure to let the dev of the theme know. Maybe there is something that can be done on the theme side.

RE: QuickSearch - Launch Games and Run Commands by Search - felixkmh - 04-25-2022

(04-25-2022, 05:12 AM)nipzthegreat Wrote:

Should be fixed in the latest update.

RE: QuickSearch - Launch Games and Run Commands by Search - poetickatana - 04-27-2022

Have you considered implementing a StartPage view for QuickSearch?

I think it would be a nice addition to StartPage. I know you can bring up QuickSearch using the keyboard shortcut, but having it built in and being able to reposition the search bar seems like a plus.

I imagine there could be an issue with multiple instances of QuickSearch running if one is active in StartPage and the user brings up another instance manually.... So, maybe not so straightforward.

RE: QuickSearch - Launch Games and Run Commands by Search - felixkmh - 04-27-2022

(04-27-2022, 10:18 PM)poetickatana Wrote: Have you considered implementing a StartPage view for QuickSearch?

I think it would be a nice addition to StartPage. I know you can bring up QuickSearch using the keyboard shortcut, but having it built in and being able to reposition the search bar seems like a plus.

I imagine there could be an issue with multiple instances of QuickSearch running if one is active in StartPage and the user brings up another instance manually.... So, maybe not so straightforward.

I already thought about it. Kind of ironic in way, because part of the reason I added the ability to add views from other extension was that I didn't want to add and maintain views that use other extensions... anyway, the bigger problem for this is the way QuickSearch was written. Logic, data and visuals are somewhat tightly coupled (not the right way to do it, but it worked at the time), resulting in one big complex component. So taking out single components is not really as easy as it could be. I would have to refactor the whole thing first, which is not fun as you spent a lot of time just so that everything looks exactly like it did before.

A compromise that would work would be a simple search box that opens the usual QuickSearch view as soon as you start typing.

RE: QuickSearch - Launch Games and Run Commands by Search - Mellified - 05-08-2022

Since the last update QuickSearch no longer displays results from the search box - whether called in Playnite, outside Playnite, or via StartPage. I've tried turning off integration settings and removing and re-installing QuickSearch - the problem remains.

RE: QuickSearch - Launch Games and Run Commands by Search - poetickatana - 05-08-2022

(05-08-2022, 05:07 PM)Mellified Wrote: Since the last update QuickSearch no longer displays results from the search box - whether called in Playnite, outside Playnite, or via StartPage. I've tried turning off integration settings and removing and re-installing QuickSearch - the problem remains.

It's working perfectly for me. The only bit of strangeness I've noticed is that the games details view doesn't show up when QS is used via StartPage, but maybe that's by design.

RE: QuickSearch - Launch Games and Run Commands by Search - Mellified - 05-08-2022

(05-08-2022, 08:11 PM)poetickatana Wrote:
(05-08-2022, 05:07 PM)Mellified Wrote: Since the last update QuickSearch no longer displays results from the search box - whether called in Playnite, outside Playnite, or via StartPage. I've tried turning off integration settings and removing and re-installing QuickSearch - the problem remains.

It's working perfectly for me. The only bit of strangeness I've noticed is that the games details view doesn't show up when QS is used via StartPage, but maybe that's by design.
I remember this happened once before - but the next update to Quicksearch fixed it. Not sure what else to do to troubleshoot it at this point.

RE: QuickSearch - Launch Games and Run Commands by Search - felixkmh - 05-09-2022

(05-08-2022, 08:58 PM)Mellified Wrote:

I remember this happened once before - but the next update to Quicksearch fixed it. Not sure what else to do to troubleshoot it at this point.

I added some checks and logs to find out what is happening.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4j8lqvc6za0se2m/felixkmh_QuickSearch_Plugin_2_19_0_DEBUG.pext?dl=0
Install this debug build, start typing something that should get a result and see what turns up in the extensions.log file.

RE: QuickSearch - Launch Games and Run Commands by Search - Mellified - 05-09-2022

(05-09-2022, 03:10 AM)felixkmh Wrote:
(05-08-2022, 08:58 PM)Mellified Wrote:

I added some checks and logs to find out what is happening.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4j8lqvc6za0se2m/felixkmh_QuickSearch_Plugin_2_19_0_DEBUG.pext?dl=0
Install this debug build, start typing something that should get a result and see what turns up in the extensions.log file.
extensions.log shows lots of lines like this when I try to search:
09-05 08:47:44.244|INFO |QuickSearch#SearchPlugin:Starting search with 0 candidates.
09-05 08:47:44.244|INFO |QuickSearch#SearchPlugin:Search results:

09-05 08:47:45.945|INFO |QuickSearch#SearchPlugin:Starting search with 0 candidates.
09-05 08:47:45.945|INFO |QuickSearch#SearchPlugin:Search results:

I doubt that tells you much!

RE: QuickSearch - Launch Games and Run Commands by Search - felixkmh - 05-09-2022

(05-09-2022, 01:50 PM)Mellified Wrote: extensions.log shows lots of lines like this when I try to search:
09-05 08:47:44.244|INFO |QuickSearch#SearchPlugin:Starting search with 0 candidates.

09-05 08:47:45.945|INFO |QuickSearch#SearchPlugin:Starting search with 0 candidates.

It actually tells me more than you might think. The problem likely happens when creating the searchable items, maybe some unexpected characters in some games name causes problems. Also, there is no error message regarding the scoring, so the problem must lie before that happens.
I will add more error checks at the places I suspect could cause problems. In the meantime, maybe just check whether the search threshold is set too low. Maybe it got corrupted at some point.

RE: QuickSearch - Launch Games and Run Commands by Search - Mellified - 05-09-2022

(05-09-2022, 02:28 PM)felixkmh Wrote:
(05-09-2022, 01:50 PM)Mellified Wrote: extensions.log shows lots of lines like this when I try to search:

It actually tells me more than you might think. The problem likely happens when creating the searchable items, maybe some unexpected characters in some games name causes problems. Also, there is no error message regarding the scoring, so the problem must lie before that happens.
I will add more error checks at the places I suspect could cause problems. In the meantime, maybe just check whether the search threshold is set too low. Maybe it got corrupted at some point.
I changed the value for the search threshold - was 0.6, 0.7 now. No change.

(05-09-2022, 02:40 PM)Mellified Wrote:

Try this https://www.dropbox.com/s/ndrz927c13levn0/felixkmh_QuickSearch_Plugin_2_19_0_DEBUG.pext?dl=0
It should also start logging when opening the search window before typing, so look out for those messages.

(05-09-2022, 03:18 PM)felixkmh Wrote:
(05-09-2022, 02:40 PM)Mellified Wrote:

Try this https://www.dropbox.com/s/ndrz927c13levn0/felixkmh_QuickSearch_Plugin_2_19_0_DEBUG.pext?dl=0
It should also start logging when opening the search window before typing, so look out for those messages.
I downloaded the second debug version. Looked at the logs. I wasn't seeing additional log messages. I deleted the log. I re-downloaded and re-installed the debug version. Still seeing just these messages:

09-05 11:16:02.111|INFO |QuickSearch#SearchPlugin:Starting search with 0 candidates.
09-05 11:16:02.111|INFO |QuickSearch#SearchPlugin:Search results:

EDIT: I went into QuickSearch settings and enabled ITAD support, which seemed to trigger this in the logs:
09-05 11:17:55.039|INFO |QuickSearch#SearchPlugin:Updated index with 57383 items from 7 sources.
[..]
09-05 11:21:28.427|DEBUG|QuickSearch#SearchPlugin:Failed request to ITAD
System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Response status code does not indicate success: 500 (Internal Server Error).