Playnite Forums
SwitchNite 2.0 - Printable Version

+- Playnite Forums (https://playnite.link/forum)
+-- Forum: Extension Database (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Themes - Fullscreen (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: SwitchNite 2.0 (/thread-69.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

SwitchNite 2.0 - Le Mal - 12-17-2019

Searching for something simple to use on your TV ? Say hi to

SwitchNite

- Screenshots -
[Image: woQbrpv.png]

[Image: pFwkOyk.png]
[Image: PKz10wQ.png]

- Usage -

Below are my recommended settings. While there's a lot of settings that are up to your choice, if you want your client to look like in the screenshots, you're gonna have to use Game Logos.
[Image: qkwLgYk.png]

[Image: WvwSxyR.png]

- Editing controller and user image -

To change the controller displayed at the bottom left, or the user image on the top left, head to SwitchNite's install folder (by default "C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Playnite\Themes\Fullscreen\SwitchNite_somenumbers"and follow the instructions in the.png

- Don't hesitate to report bugs and give me feedbacks. I'll try to polish the skin as much as possible. Also don't hesitate to edit the skin yourself if you know how to use Microsoft Blend.

- Changelog -

V2.0 : Initial re-release. Theme is better now, also quick hotfix, remove the "." in the manifest name

BETA 0.8 : Initial release

RE: SwitchyNite [BETA] - CriticalComposer - 12-18-2019

I don't know that I'm sold on the vertical banners yet but your Details page is exactly like what I've been working on (putting the time/release/platform under the banner). Yours is a lot cleaner than my WIP though. Great job with these themes!

RE: SwitchyNite [BETA] - Le Mal - 12-18-2019

Thanks ! About the vertical banners, I'm using banners with a resolution of 1920x620 so I needed something that would still use them properly. I also wanted to use logos but I'm kind of limited. So I did with what I got

RE: SwitchyNite [BETA] - CriticalComposer - 12-19-2019

I just don't like the vertical banners as a whole, I'm more partial to Steam's old 460x215 banners. For what it's worth though, I made a backup of my old Playnite library metadata (just in case) and changed all of my banners to the vertical ones just for this theme. That's how much I'm digging this theme. Smile

edit: found a small bug, the "X Install" size is smaller than the "X Play" size at the bottom of the screen. I'm thinking it is a bounding issue since 'Install' takes up more space than 'Play' so it reduces the size of the entire group to fit in the space.

edit 2: When "Show Game Titles" is enabled, longer names get cut off.

RE: SwitchyNite [BETA] - ricedaddy97 - 12-21-2019

This is incredible like, this could not be any closer to what I was looking for and almost tried to make something like this myself.

RE: SwitchyNite [BETA] - Le Mal - 12-22-2019

(12-19-2019, 01:47 PM)CriticalComposer Wrote: edit: found a small bug, the "X Install" size is smaller than the "X Play" size at the bottom of the screen. I'm thinking it is a bounding issue since 'Install' takes up more space than 'Play' so it reduces the size of the entire group to fit in the space.

edit 2: When "Show Game Titles" is enabled, longer names get cut off.

1 : Yup, I'll try to fix that in a future update, hence why it's in Beta.

2 : Unfortunately I can't do much about it, it's a limitation of Playnite. Maybe in a future update I'll be able to make it look like on Nintendo Switch (longer names expand the title box).

RE: SwitchyNite [BETA] - CriticalComposer - 01-05-2020

I just noticed that the game titles are still appearing over the banners even after I have disabled "Show Game Titles." I double checked and this bug isn't present in other themes.

RE: SwitchyNite [BETA] - Le Mal - 01-05-2020

Yup, that's kind of an intended behavior. The thing is, I wanted to let the user enable or disable "show game titles", but there would be a bug where if the option was disabled, the background around the title still be there. So I just decided to make life easier for me and leave it enabled at all times.

If I have some time, maybe I'll get back to it and try to make it work

RE: SwitchyNite [BETA] - CriticalComposer - 01-05-2020

Thanks for the clarification. It isn't too big of an issue but when combined with the cutoff text of longer titles it loses some of the clean aesthetic. Definitely not a dealbreaker though. Smile

RE: SwitchyNite [BETA] - CriticalComposer - 03-11-2020

Is there any chance that this theme will be updated to support the new features for Fullscreen Mode:

*Darken Uninstalled Games
*Show Background Image on Main Screen
*Update Game Library (Menu Item)

RE: SwitchyNite [BETA] - Le Mal - 03-11-2020

Huh, I wasn't even aware of these features. I'll take a look at them !

RE: SwitchyNite [BETA] - whoozwah - 03-15-2020

I notice that the "show game titles" toggle switch doesn't work on this. Game titles are always shown. Can that be fixed?

Also, is it possible to replace the Game title text with the icon image? I use the SteamNite theme so all my icons are populated with clear logos and it would be nice to see those in the fullscreen interface. Just a request.

RE: SwitchyNite [BETA] - Le Mal - 03-15-2020

So about the "show game title" switch : "Unfortunately I can't do much about it, it's a limitation of Playnite. Maybe in a future update I'll be able to make it look like on Nintendo Switch (longer names expand the title box)."

Also I initally wanted to replace the game title with the game's logo. The issue is that again, there's a Playnite limitation, and game logos don't show up in fullscreen. Otherwise that's what I would have done.

RE: SwitchyNite [BETA] - CriticalComposer - 03-16-2020

Dude having the logo would be pretty cool. Crow recently said something about giving Fullscreen some more love in a future version and hopefully the theming gets opened up a bit to do some of this cool stuff.

Alternate design - EthanYatsumaru - 04-07-2020

Here's a quick paint.net edit I made. I made the design a bit more realistic. If at all possible could you try to implement something like this?
Edits:
Added user picture (Should be your windows account picture)
Removed button prompt
Edited the PM on the clock.
Made the text for the game title bigger
Moved settings to how it would be on switch, made it bigger.
Added extra icons by settings: Alerts and Power (Power would replace the power options in settings and Alterts would replace the alterts by the clock)
Moved Navigation sorter below the white line.
Moved the games up a little.
I think these changes could make it a little more switch-like. Of course im just a fool with an editing program and have no idea how actually making skins works.
[Image: unknown.png]

RE: SwitchyNite [BETA] - Le Mal - 04-08-2020

Hey, that's great ! All of this is perfectly doable (but the user will need to do a few things to get the windows picture to show up). Maybe I'll try to revamp the UI a bit if I have the time.

I don't know about the removal of the button prompts, I mean, I don't have a switch, but I believe they're always displayed ? I think it makes more sense if I keep them on screen.

RE: SwitchyNite [BETA] - EthanYatsumaru - 04-08-2020

The switch doesnt have as many button prompts. and it feels generally cleaner without them to me. Its just a suggestion though.

Edit: Oh and heres the example I designed the edit after.[Image: unknown.png]

RE: SwitchyNite [BETA] - BatmoBeal - 04-17-2020

(04-08-2020, 03:40 PM)Le Mal Wrote: Hey, that's great ! All of this is perfectly doable (but the user will need to do a few things to get the windows picture to show up). Maybe I'll try to revamp the UI a bit if I have the time.

I don't know about the removal of the button prompts, I mean, I don't have a switch, but I believe they're always displayed ? I think it makes more sense if I keep them on screen.

Hi!

I've just started using playnite recently, and your theme is amazing. I've managed to make the perfect couch setup with everything controlled via controller.

My question is are you able to share the files I need to edit this theme? I'd like to have a play around with it and see if I can adapt it to my taste using blender. A thread on the playnite site says you need a .PNL file. I'm a complete noob with this, so please let me know the best way edit the theme

Cheers

RE: SwitchyNite [BETA] - Le Mal - 04-20-2020

I'll upload the whole theme to GitHub once I'm done updating it, don't worry.

RE: SwitchyNite [BETA] - dudedennys - 05-02-2020

I kinda customized the theme so it will look more "loyal" to the switch i have no idea about editing themes tho