Playnite Forums
Question about the upcoming multiple play actions - Printable Version

+- Playnite Forums (https://playnite.link/forum)
+-- Forum: Playnite (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: General (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Question about the upcoming multiple play actions (/thread-701.html)

Question about the upcoming multiple play actions - ownedbycats - 06-04-2021

Will this allow for merging of duplicate copies of games from different libraries? Thank you  Smile

RE: Question about the upcoming multiple play actions - Crow - 06-04-2021

Multiple play actions is in no way related to merging of multiple game entries.

RE: Question about the upcoming multiple play actions - CriticalComposer - 06-04-2021

It won't handle it automatically but you'll be able to manually do something similar to GOG Galaxy's handling of owning gaming from multiple sources. I currently already do something similar and it works great. I only have one entry in my library per game so original vs remaster, old revisions, or emulator vs retro packs (like the Mega Man Collections on Steam) are all house in a nice menu for launching.

Using Street Fighter 2 for example, if I just press play then I'll launch Ultra Street Fighter 2 in Yuzu. But I could also launch the Street Fighter Collection from Steam, any of the various arcade versions through MAME, or Super 2 HD Remix (through RPCS3). And as I buy more SF2 versions (I'm currently looking for the GBA Super 2 Turbo Revival at a decent price) I'll add that as an option through emulation as well. Using the Other Actions as a version launcher is pretty awesome and it'll be better once the time is tracked from those sessions as well.

Granted this could turn into a rather large project of manually editing Actions and hiding duplicates depending on how many titles you would need to do this for. I find it to be worth my time as it brings me closer to my vision of a console experience for PC. Others may not want to do the manual editing.

[Image: B7OSXeI.png]

RE: Question about the upcoming multiple play actions - turtleship_ - 06-04-2021

(06-04-2021, 01:58 PM)Crow Wrote: Multiple play actions is in no way related to merging of multiple game entries.
I think he meant add two play actions to represent opening a game from different stores e.g. from steam and ubisoft, and this could eliminate the need for duplicate entries of games, if I'm understanding correctly.

RE: Question about the upcoming multiple play actions - Crow - 06-04-2021

(06-04-2021, 02:31 PM)turtleship_ Wrote:
(06-04-2021, 01:58 PM)Crow Wrote: Multiple play actions is in no way related to merging of multiple game entries.
I think he meant add two play actions to represent opening a game from different stores e.g. from steam and ubisoft, and this could eliminate the need for duplicate entries of games, if I'm understanding correctly.

I know, but many library integrations use custom startup procedure for games and you won't be able to link multiple library integrations to a single game entry. So you will have to configure startup procedure manually, which might not be possible in all cases.

RE: Question about the upcoming multiple play actions - ownedbycats - 06-04-2021

(06-04-2021, 02:31 PM)turtleship_ Wrote:

Yes. I phrased it badly. I suspected it might not work for the library integrations.