Playnite Forums
DS4Windows Wrapper - quick access to important ds4windows functions from playnite - Printable Version

+- Playnite Forums (https://playnite.link/forum)
+-- Forum: Extension Database (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Generic Extensions (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: DS4Windows Wrapper - quick access to important ds4windows functions from playnite (/thread-780.html)

DS4Windows Wrapper - quick access to important ds4windows functions from playnite - turtleship_ - 08-14-2021

I made this extension to quickly access key DS4Windows features and and functions without needing to leave playnite. 

GitHub

I promised you v0.2. Screw that take 1.0! Expect 2.0 some time soon™.

New features:
Query: Check current profile, emulated controller type, current controller name, connection type, and battery status (level and whether or not it's charging).
Updater: Check for updates without checking the forums! Feel free to check it every so often (you don't need to do it more than once a day, at least once a month). When Playnite 9 comes out this will be removed (I spent way too long on this).

Update 1.0.1:
Fixed path used in query commands
Update 1.0.2:
Fixed updater

Currently supported functions are:
Start
Stop
Shutdown
Open (the app)
Check current profile, emulated controller type, current controller name, connection type, and battery status (level and wheather or not it's charging).

Requirements:
DS4Windows forked by Ryochan7
DS4WindowsCMD

Instructions:
1) Download and open attached .pext file.
2) After installing, go to playnite's main menu -> ds4windows -> config -> configure path.
A file dialogue will come up, go to where DS4WindowsCMD is (should be in the home directory of DS4Windows, otherwise it won't work) and double click it.
3) Go to the main menu, and under DS4Windows, select whatever you want to do.

[attachment=1839]

Upcoming features:
Per game config: Change the current config based on whatever game you launch, (add on a per game basis, or bulk add)

Notes:
Still in development, many functions and features to come.
Ignore the debug option, that's just for development.
If you have any problems, questions, or feedback, leave a comment, make an issue on GitHub or ping me in Playnite's discord server in #extensions-support (BT 7274#3906).

Old versions:
[attachment=1828]
[attachment=1832]
[attachment=1838]

RE: DS4Windows Wrapper - quick access to important ds4windows functions from playnite - Migz - 08-21-2021

Nice plugin! Interested to see where this goes, hoping to have a way that I can select which games use DS4Windows and automatically run/stop it as i open/close those games.

I downloaded, installed and configured the path but yet when I run a query it still gives me your hardcoded path?

RE: DS4Windows Wrapper - quick access to important ds4windows functions from playnite - turtleship_ - 08-21-2021

(08-21-2021, 02:29 PM)Migz Wrote: Nice plugin! Interested to see where this goes, hoping to have a way that I can select which games use DS4Windows and automatically run/stop it as i open/close those games.

I downloaded, installed and configured the path but yet when I run a query it still gives me your hardcoded path?
My bad, I just updated it to use your path, I guess I forgot to change it! You can download the updated pext file from the original post.

RE: DS4Windows Wrapper - quick access to important ds4windows functions from playnite - Migz - 08-21-2021

(08-21-2021, 02:42 PM)turtleship_ Wrote: My bad, I just updated it to use your path, I guess I forgot to change it! You can download the updated pext file from the original post.
Working as expected now Smile thank you

RE: DS4Windows Wrapper - quick access to important ds4windows functions from playnite - Luka8989 - 08-21-2021

It would be great if you could add this extension to full screen mode

RE: DS4Windows Wrapper - quick access to important ds4windows functions from playnite - Nomig6866 - 08-24-2021

I really like this, however I have a problem with it. Some games I use DS4Windows, but for others I use steam's controller support, no problem - just turn DS4Windows off. The problem is that if I turn that off without disconnecting first it turns my controller off and I can't turn it on again (I have to restart DS4Windows, disconnect the controller then turn DS4Windows off). Is there any solution to this? Perhaps showing the commands associated with the start/stop action such that the user can edit those actions (to disconnect the controller beforehand).

RE: DS4Windows Wrapper - quick access to important ds4windows functions from playnite - turtleship_ - 08-25-2021

(08-24-2021, 10:06 PM)Nomig6866 Wrote: I really like this, however I have a problem with it. Some games I use DS4Windows, but for others I use steam's controller support, no problem - just turn DS4Windows off. The problem is that if I turn that off without disconnecting first it turns my controller off and I can't turn it on again (I have to restart DS4Windows, disconnect the controller then turn DS4Windows off). Is there any solution to this? Perhaps showing the commands associated with the start/stop action such that the user can edit those actions (to disconnect the controller beforehand).
Out of curiosity, is this using the stop button in the extension that the controller turns off? 
As for editing it, it is made in powershell, and if you go to where the extension is installed (you can open the directory from extension settings) and you can edit it there, the main functions will be in main.ps1, just edit it in any text editor and when you're done, go back to playnite and hit f12.

RE: DS4Windows Wrapper - quick access to important ds4windows functions from playnite - Luka8989 - 08-29-2021

Could you add the ability to stop DS4 for single game?

RE: DS4Windows Wrapper - quick access to important ds4windows functions from playnite - turtleship_ - 09-23-2021

(08-29-2021, 10:28 PM)Luka8989 Wrote: Could you add the ability to stop DS4 for single game?
I do plan to add per game configs (which have the advantage of having support for each emulated game rather than just using the emulator if you use the auto profiles) and turning it off, however this is my exam year so I don't have too much free time.
I may be able to get it around christmas holiday, but if someone else wants to add it before then, I'll happily accept pull requests.

(08-21-2021, 10:21 PM)Luka8989 Wrote: It would be great if you could add this extension to full screen mode
AFAIK, there is no way to add extensions to fullscreen.