Playnite Forums
Playnite Modern UI - Printable Version

+- Playnite Forums (https://playnite.link/forum)
+-- Forum: Extension Database (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Themes - Fullscreen (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Playnite Modern UI (/thread-791.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Playnite Modern UI - Rhinoceritis - 10-20-2021

I switched over to this from Simpleish after updating to playnite 9. Everything so far is working as expected but I can't get the microtrailers to play on highlighting the games like I was able to in Simpleish. Is that a dropped feature?

RE: Playnite Modern UI - InFernousX - 10-22-2021

Excellent work, I love the interface, but I have 2 problems.
The first has to do with the fact that I do not know how to make the lists of games with their icons because of how they appear in the video and the second is that I activate the theme of the trailers and videos but it does not work

RE: Playnite Modern UI - MaestroLiendre - 10-23-2021

I'm loving your theme, so far it's my favourite as I like to see the descriptions of my games, but I'd like to ask if you would be able to get an option to set the filter presets on the top of the screen, as I use a lot of them (for each emulator, each platform, etc.) so it would have more space.

I upload a picture of what I mean (it's from ReSkinPS5, as I installed it jus to try).

[Image: uaBfPrV.jpg?1]

RE: Playnite Modern UI - DarthJak90 - 10-23-2021

Hi there,
I love your theme, cheers your work mate! Would it be possible to have a "light" colour version as well? I consider this as dark theme due to the fact that the buttons are having these gray-ish outlines.

Also, is there a way to change the default background (the gradient one)?

RE: Playnite Modern UI - N64_Fanboy - 10-24-2021

Hi! I really love the theme, however, the DGK Theme Modifier doesn't seem to work for me, the Metadata Extension Tool doesn't either. Which means I can't set custom background pictures or videos, which is annoying. Does somebody know a fix for this?

RE: Playnite Modern UI - ssjack1 - 10-24-2021

(10-24-2021, 10:47 AM)N64_Fanboy Wrote: Hi! I really love the theme, however, the DGK Theme Modifier doesn't seem to work for me, the Metadata Extension Tool doesn't either. Which means I can't set custom background pictures or videos, which is annoying. Does somebody know a fix for this?
Hey there,

This solved my issue. I was just pressing the ''save button''. You have to press the ''apply changes'' button on top for the option to change. I hope this fixes your issue.

RE: Playnite Modern UI - N64_Fanboy - 10-24-2021

(10-24-2021, 02:22 PM)ssjack1 Wrote:
(10-24-2021, 10:47 AM)N64_Fanboy Wrote: Hi! I really love the theme, however, the DGK Theme Modifier doesn't seem to work for me, the Metadata Extension Tool doesn't either. Which means I can't set custom background pictures or videos, which is annoying. Does somebody know a fix for this?
Hey there,

This solved my issue. I was just pressing the ''save button''. You have to press the ''apply changes'' button on top for the option to change. I hope this fixes your issue.
Thanks for your suggestion. However I did already do that but my settings did not change. I tried multiple times. Strangely, back with SIMPLEish it did work. And I can't set any video backgrounds whatsoever. For now, I switched to Reskin PS5, which is also highly recommendable! But thank you very much for your reply!

RE: Playnite Modern UI - shiios42 - 10-25-2021

Would also prefer filter presets on top rather than the side. It doesn't feel practical especially on a horizontal scrolling theme.

RE: Playnite Modern UI - gaming3933 - 10-26-2021

I seem to be having a weird issue where there's no background images, even for games that I think should have them in the metadata. Am I missing something?

[Image: w0NdcES.jpeg]

RE: Playnite Modern UI - townkrier - 10-26-2021

very very impressive theme. my favorite for playnite. thanks!

RE: Playnite Modern UI - MaestroLiendre - 10-26-2021

(10-26-2021, 06:55 AM)gaming3933 Wrote: I seem to be having a weird issue where there's no background images, even for games that I think should have them in the metadata. Am I missing something?

Chek in the settings, there's an option "show background images on the main screen".

RE: Playnite Modern UI - kynsakiyagami - 10-26-2021

put in your themes, this icon, from the game source as in this image, you know. please. keep up your amazing work, i'm looking forward to the xbox theme for p9
https://twitter.com/KynYagamiX/status/14...01/photo/1

RE: Playnite Modern UI - gaming3933 - 10-27-2021

(10-26-2021, 04:43 PM)MaestroLiendre Wrote:
(10-26-2021, 06:55 AM)gaming3933 Wrote: I seem to be having a weird issue where there's no background images, even for games that I think should have them in the metadata. Am I missing something?

Chek in the settings, there's an option "show background images on the main screen".

That was it, thanks! Not sure how I missed that one.

RE: Playnite Modern UI - shiios42 - 10-29-2021

When I have a video background set on, the backgrounds would change brightness and then back if I don't have a micro trailer set. Any way around this? I only want to have a select few with micro trailers but for the rest, the change in brightness and back is very noticeable.

Having the trailer window only appearing in titles with a video set would also be amazing too.

RE: Playnite Modern UI - SuperJayRay - 11-01-2021

I'm getting two major bugs. 
When I have an intro video with sound, works perfectly, but then randomly as im using the app the sound plays from video plays again. Happens about every 3-4 minutes, triggered when I focus on Playnite or navigate menu.

Also the the new Filter Icons horizontal menu makes it impossible to access the Grid and Setting switches in the bottom left.

RE: Playnite Modern UI - Sighrist - 11-05-2021

How to enable the Filter Icons? I have the folder but they just don't show up.

RE: Playnite Modern UI - kiciputek - 11-06-2021

Can we have video covers like in the previous themes? Thanks!

RE: Playnite Modern UI - Duece - 11-12-2021

Does this theme look good with rectangular box-art?

RE: Playnite Modern UI - davidkgriggs - 11-12-2021

(11-12-2021, 05:24 PM)Duece Wrote: Does this theme look good with rectangular box-art?

Yep! It should work with any box art style.

RE: Playnite Modern UI - Duece - 11-12-2021

(11-12-2021, 06:41 PM)davidkgriggs Wrote:
(11-12-2021, 05:24 PM)Duece Wrote: Does this theme look good with rectangular box-art?

Yep! It should work with any box art style.

Thanks, still have trouble choosing between the two..
The 1:1 boxart looks modern but the 2:3 boxart allows for more creativity.