Playnite Forums
eMixedNiteMC - A tweaked version of eMixedNite - Printable Version

+- Playnite Forums (https://playnite.link/forum)
+-- Forum: Extension Database (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Themes - Desktop (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: eMixedNiteMC - A tweaked version of eMixedNite (/thread-801.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

eMixedNiteMC - A tweaked version of eMixedNite - MCC321 - 09-04-2021

eMixedNiteMC is a tweaked version of eMixedNite that add support for video trailer in the background
using Extra Metadata Loader plus some other changes. You should definitly read the post of the Original Theme
before installing this one. All credits should go to the author eminaguil. Both Grid and Detail view are very alike,
only the GameList changes. Look at the bottom of this post for a KnownBugs \ FAQ section.

New update!
Link: eMixedNiteMC_2.50
Link: Playnite Settings.rar

[Image: XBMqltv.png]

Features(List only the changes from the original version, added or reworked)
  • *NEW* Options to toggle off Covers (including banners) in both Grid/Detail view
  • *NEWComplete support for Extra Metadata Loader
  • *NEWSupport for BackgroundChanger
  • *NEWSupport for Review viewer
  • *NEWSupport for CheckDlc
  • Playnite 9 support only
  • Support for News Viewer
  • Support for plugin button of SystemChecker and CheckLocalizations
  • Options to change background color of Top Panel, Side Icon Panel and Side Panel (Can be set to "transparent")
  • A lot of personalisation possibilites
  • Logo from Extra Metadata Loader supported
  • Option to show the logo or not
  • Option to show the game title or not
  • Banners for each Library included
  • Banners supported in Grid List, Grid View and Detail View
  • Option to change the height of the "top part" for better compatibility with greater resolution (this replace the Playnite settings "Vertical spacing to game details")
  • Option to change the size of the banners in Grid List, Grid View and Detail View
  • Option to change the size of the icon in GridList and Grid/Detail GameView
  • You can use 4 types of banners plus the text banners and disable them
  • All these options are accessible from either quick settings wheel (These options will not save after you restart Playnite, go in the constant section of ThemeModifier to do so)
  • Support for video trailer in the background using Extra Metadata Loader
  • Option to hide top part when watching a video trailer
  • Support for DuplicateHider in Detail List and Grid List
  • Custom Font in the title (need to be installed, check step 3 below)

[Image: OcVqN8z.png]

[Image: W5TDvvN.png]  [Image: g99m1H4.png]  [Image: CgliJpB.png]  [Image: SsW0aMP.png]

[Image: 7CSHbio.png]

[Image: yhfto1F.png]

[Image: CIDdhpU.png]

[Image: pJFPuCj.png]

[Image: sCbcIB9.png]

How to install

Step 1: Install the theme
Double-click or drag and drop the theme file in Playnite to install it.

Link: eMixedNiteMC_2.50

Step 2: Configure your Settings (*Updated with version 2.5*, recommended)
You should use the same settings as me so you can get the desired result.
I strongly recommend that you use vertical cover for better compatibility.
(But you can adjust the settings to use other forms of cover)

Step 3: Install the title font (Optional)
You will also need the font I use to have the upper case letter style in the title. (Font found in the SummerNite Theme)
You can install it by just clicking the .ttf file but you will need to do it each time you restart your computer.
To fix this, you need to add the font to the registry too. You can do so by clicking the file called InstallFont.

Link: eMixedNiteMC Font.rar

Final Step: Set-up your platform banners (recommended)
The theme will need you to set your banners for each Platform in order to load the banner correctly anywhere.
I made a little collection so you don't need to search them all. To apply a banner, open the Library Manager with "CTRL+W"
and apply a banner for each platform by clicking on "Select Cover" in the cover section. The banners for each Launcher(Library)
are already included in the theme. Most banners come from this post and all credits goes to the different authors.
You can also add icon to your platform and they will appear on top of your Platform Banner if you desactivate Library Banner.
Icon for each Library are also included in the theme. (I changed the PSP banner because most PSP cover image are less wide than normal.)

Link: Platform Banners.rar

Conclusion:
eMixedNiteMC work in most way the same as eMixedNite and the same plugins are supported as well. You will 
see below the list of all the plugins this theme use. Thanks to darklinkpower for letting me use his code
from the Stardust theme that integrate the video trailer in eMixedNiteMC and finally a big fat thanks to eminaguil for
his awesome work and for letting me modify his theme. Look at the bottom of this post for a KnownBugs \ FAQ section.

[Image: ePYeunK.png]

[Image: Ea4T9ti.png]

[Image: eqF1CMm.png]

* Little demo of some things you can change in this theme.
[Image: eMixedNiteMC%20Playnite%20Theme%20-%20Imgur.gif?dl=1]

[Image: Hj2Cp2L.png]

[Image: p18TbD2.png]

* It look like this when you play video trailer using the option to hide the "Top Part".
[Image: Nh9fGxf.png]

Plugin used by this theme:
GameActivity
SystemChecker
CheckLocalizations
HowLongToBeat
Extra Metadata Loader
DuplicateHider
ScreenshotsVisualizer
SuccessStory
ThemeModifier
LibraryManagement
News Viewer
CheckDlc
Review viewer
BackgroundChanger

Changelog:

Version: 2.50
    - Fixed platform/banner icon alignement in vertical banners
    - Removed Vertcial/Horizontal alignement constant for icon in banners
    - Fixed description panel width when details panel is toggled off (Thanks to eminaguil)
    - Added support for plugin CheckDlc from Lacro59
        - New button to open available DLC list
        - Button shown only when DLC list is available
    - Added support for plugin Review Viewers from darklinkpower
        - New "Reviews" title in expander
        - New "Reviews" element in expander
        - These will be shown even when there is no reviews available, if the plugin is installed
    - Added support for plugin BackgroundChanger from Lacro59
        - Support for background only.
    - Better support for plugin Extra Meta Data Loader from darklinkpower
        - Integration of normal video player. Dont use the "Alternate Video Player" option.
        - Integration of logo loader.
        - All settings in Extra Metadata Loader should now work fine
        - "Vertical alignment of video controls" should be set to "Top" in Extra Metadata Loader settings
    - Added option to toggle off cover/banners
    - Update to API 2.1.0

Version: 2.11
    - Fix for News Viewer title visibility and blank expander
        - The expander now auto-select first tab when you open it (Thank to eminaguil)
        - News Viewer title will now be visible only when there is news available.
        - Changed title from "Games News" to "LOC_NewsViewer_NewsViewerControl_NewsLabel"

Version: 2.1

- Added support for plugin News Viewer
        - New "Game News" title in expander
        - New "Latest News" element in expander 

Version: 2.0
    - Playnite 9 support, no longuer working in Playnite 8
    - Added support for plugin button of SystemChecker and CheckLocalizations
    - All covers/banners in Grid List, Grid View and Details View have their own constant so they can be set differently
    - Constant GridListCoverOutlineVisible now control visibility of "Grid item border width" found in the Grid View settings 
      section of Playnite and no longuer control "Game(s) Selected Cover Outline"
        - Settings of "Grid item border width" can be set to a maximum value of "4"
        - "Game(s) Selected Cover Outline" now forced-on
    - Change expander style with the new one that first appeared in eMixedNite version 2.20
    - DuplicateHider support in both Details List and Grid List
    - Added 3 constant for the background color of the Top Panel, Side Icon Panel and Side Panel
        - Can be set to "transparent"
        - Bug when trying to change color from theme modifier constant menu
        - To change it go in the theme folder and manually change it in the constant.xml file
    - Added 2 constant for Details Panel minimum width in both Grid View and Details View
    - Added 1 constant for Feature Panel Opacity when set on top part
    - Added all cover/banner constant to Quick Settings Wheel
    - Added even more constant for all views so they can be set differently
    - More interface re-configuration and optimization

Version: 1.5.1
    - Fixed constant default settings

Version: 1.5
    - Added constant for game icon height in details panel
    - Added support for DuplicateHider in DetailView
    - Added support for game logo from ExtraMetadata Tool
        - Added 3 constant to set height, horizontal alignement and visibility of the game logo
        - Added 2 constant to set horizontal alignement and visibility of the game title
    - Fix bug with top part being hidden when installing the theme and when game have no cover image
    - Fix hidding animation of the top part not working
    - Some interface optimization

Version: 1.0
    - First Release
    - Add support for trailer video from ExtraMetadata Tool
        - Thanks to darklinkpower for is code from Stardust theme
        - Video play in the background replacing the background image
        - Support video trailer and micro trailer
        - Button to toggle audio On/Off
        - Button to hide the top part for better view of the trailer
        - Added 4 constant settings
    - Added constants for Gameview Cover/Banner
    - Interface re-configuration

Known Bugs / FAQ:
BugThere is no button or information in the "top part" of the screen.
 Fix: Its a bug with the option to hide the cover and info. You can fix it by opening the edit page with "F3" after selecting the game and
        download the metadata. You can also turn on the option to download the metadata auto when adding a game.

Bug: Not all banners are working
 Fix: Be sure to do the Final Step higher in the post.

Bug: Video are not playing or make playnite crash when it does.
 Fix: Be sure that you had the prompt that says the theme settings have been updated for Extra metadata tools. If not it should appear on
        next restart of Playnite

Bug: Playnite does not look the same as the screenshot after installing the theme.
 Fix: Be sure to check my settings(check step 2 higher in the post).

Bug: Plugins like HowLongToBeat as stopped showing information after switching to GridView.
 Fix: Restart Playnite.

Version List:

Playnite 9:
    [attachment=2139]
    [attachment=2023]
    [attachment=2015]
    [attachment=2010]

Playnite 8:
    [attachment=1876]
    [attachment=1875]
    [attachment=1869]

Link: Github

RE: eMixedNiteMC - A tweaked version of eMixedNite - sunshine - 09-04-2021

Thank you so much for sharing this! All the work you and the community put into it is awesome. It looks amazing!  Heart

RE: eMixedNiteMC - A tweaked version of eMixedNite - voixluna - 09-05-2021

Nice theme! I've always loved both Stardust and eMixedNite, and this looks like it's love child lol. Just wanna point out though that in the Details view there's this big space in between the link panes & the Achievements pane, which seems out of place so it might concern y'all:

[attachment=1858]

Other than that (and the lack of logo w/c is too bad), the theme is perfect and what I've actually been trying to achieve so good job!

RE: eMixedNiteMC - A tweaked version of eMixedNite - Alowen - 09-05-2021

When i install the theme, the whole top part is missing: the playbutton etc, time played, the links. If i change to regular emixed night its all there.

RE: eMixedNiteMC - A tweaked version of eMixedNite - MCC321 - 09-06-2021

(09-05-2021, 11:02 AM)voixluna Wrote: Nice theme! I've always loved both Stardust and eMixedNite, and this looks like it's love child lol. Just wanna point out though that in the Details view there's this big space in between the link panes & the Achievements pane, which seems out of place so it might concern y'all:

Other than that (and the lack of logo w/c is too bad), the theme is perfect and what I've actually been trying to achieve so good job!

Try these settings in Settings --> Appearance --> Details View

[Image: ZnWHy4h.png]

Ill work on the logo when I have some time for it.Big Grin  At first I wanted to keep them but it was bothering me and did not want to put time on it cause I dont use them.

(09-05-2021, 11:07 AM)Alowen Wrote: When i install the theme, the whole top part is missing: the playbutton etc, time played, the links. If i change to regular emixed night its all there.

Yes I forgot to mention it, its a bug with the fonction that let you remove the top part to better watch the trailer. Im still trying to figure this out, but its fine after downloading the metadata! So you can either turn on the "Download metadata after importing games" or you can still access the edit panel by pressing the shortcut F3 or right-clicking on it in the list.

RE: eMixedNiteMC - A tweaked version of eMixedNite - voixluna - 09-06-2021

(09-06-2021, 06:21 AM)MCC321 Wrote:
(09-05-2021, 11:02 AM)voixluna Wrote: Nice theme! I've always loved both Stardust and eMixedNite, and this looks like it's love child lol. Just wanna point out though that in the Details view there's this big space in between the link panes & the Achievements pane, which seems out of place so it might concern y'all:

Try these settings in Settings --> Appearance --> Details View

[Image: ZnWHy4h.png]

Ill work on the logo when I have some time for it.Big Grin  At first I wanted to keep them but it was bothering me and did not want to put time on it cause I dont use them.

Gotcha! It looks good now so thanks a lot! I'm also trying to figure out how to add the logo so no pressure on you (though I'm extremely noob to xaml and all, so god knows when I'll figure it out lol) but if you can spare me the headache and do it in the future I would love you and this theme forever lol. Thanks again for sharing this theme to us

RE: eMixedNiteMC - A tweaked version of eMixedNite - flow - 09-06-2021

Thanks for the theme! I was wondering if it's possible to get the platform banner in details view like the original eMixedNite. This is how it looks in the original.

RE: eMixedNiteMC - A tweaked version of eMixedNite - eminaguil - 09-07-2021

Nice theme, I like the mix,..
Added to my themes

RE: eMixedNiteMC - A tweaked version of eMixedNite - KimaRo - 09-11-2021

Damn, fixed all of the problems I have with eMixedNite but removed one of the biggest features I also want, having the logo integrated.

RE: eMixedNiteMC - A tweaked version of eMixedNite - MCC321 - 09-14-2021

Thanks for your feedback guys!

Ill try to add the Logo and Banner in game view for the next update.

RE: eMixedNiteMC - A tweaked version of eMixedNite - MCC321 - 10-03-2021

New update! (Still no support for Playnite 9)

Check the first post for all the new features.
Mainly a version to re-add The logo and the banner in both Grid/Detail Game View.
I fixed all most disturbing bug, like the one when you can't see the top part of the game view
after installing the theme. Ive got no idea for when ill do the update to Playnite 9.

eMixedNiteMC v1.5
Playnite Settings.rar
Platform Banner.rar

Changelog:
Soon...

RE: eMixedNiteMC - A tweaked version of eMixedNite - MCC321 - 10-04-2021

New update! (Still no support for Playnite 9)

eMixedNiteMC 1.5.1

Changelog:
Fixed default constant settings

RE: eMixedNiteMC - A tweaked version of eMixedNite - voixluna - 10-04-2021

I'm literally crying tears of happiness for the logos, so thank you for the update! Just out of curiosity, is there any plan to also have it on Playnite 9? Thanks for the great theme once again!

RE: eMixedNiteMC - A tweaked version of eMixedNite - MCC321 - 10-06-2021

(10-04-2021, 10:20 AM)voixluna Wrote: I'm literally crying tears of happiness for the logos, so thank you for the update! Just out of curiosity, is there any plan to also have it on Playnite 9? Thanks for the great theme once again!

Thanks, I'm glad you like it. I sure plan to do the update to Playnite 9, the real question is WHEN? I always wait some times before upgrading something that have breaking changes. But I will check it out soon!

RE: eMixedNiteMC - A tweaked version of eMixedNite - voixluna - 10-12-2021

Cool. I'll be looking forward to the upgrade when it happens. Thanks a lot!

RE: eMixedNiteMC - A tweaked version of eMixedNite - Thrashard - 10-30-2021

Yeah can't wait for this to be released on PN9! Only have PN9 so using eMixedNite until this is ready.... Thanks for the work!

RE: eMixedNiteMC - A tweaked version of eMixedNite - MCC321 - 11-05-2021

(10-30-2021, 11:19 PM)Thrashard Wrote: Yeah can't wait for this to be released on PN9! Only have PN9 so using eMixedNite until this is ready.... Thanks for the work!

Im working on it, I dont have much time for this these day but it should be ready in the next week if not in the next few days

I finished Details View yesterday, it look like this!
[Image: QU70DHz.png]

Everythings almost the same, I changed the expander style like the new one in the original version and I added support for the plugin button of SystemChecker and CheckLocalizations. I also plan to add constant for more personnalisation possibility.

RE: eMixedNiteMC - A tweaked version of eMixedNite - eskypi - 11-06-2021

Can't wait to test the theme on Playnite 9. Keep us posted on what day the new version is going to be released, thank you so much for your hard work.

RE: eMixedNiteMC - A tweaked version of eMixedNite - MCC321 - 11-08-2021

(11-06-2021, 10:38 AM)eskypi Wrote: Can't wait to test the theme on Playnite 9. Keep us posted on what day the new version is going to be released, thank you so much for your hard work.

I should release it tomorrow if everything goes allright Big Grin Got some more testing to do before its ready.

RE: eMixedNiteMC - A tweaked version of eMixedNite - MCC321 - 11-09-2021

New update! (Support for Playnite 9!)
Link: eMixedNiteMC_2.0
Link: Platform Banners.rar

Check first post for new features
Screenshot are not updated as I ran out of time, Ill do it tomorrow
You can also download this theme from the Add-ons menu of Playnite

Changelog:
    - Playnite 9 support, no longuer working in Playnite 8
    - Added support for plugin button of SystemChecker and CheckLocalizations
    - All covers/banners in Grid List, Grid View and Details View have their own constant so they can be set differently
    - Constant GridListCoverOutlineVisible now control visibility of "Grid item border width" found in the Grid View settings
      section of Playnite and no longuer control "Game(s) Selected Cover Outline"
        - Settings of "Grid item border width" can be set to a maximum value of "4"
        - "Game(s) Selected Cover Outline" now forced-on
    - Change expander style with the new one that first appeared in eMixedNite version 2.20
    - DuplicateHider support in both Details List and Grid List
    - Added 3 constant for the background color of the Top Panel, Side Icon Panel and Side Panel
        - Can be set to "transparent"
        - Bug when trying to change color from theme modifier constant menu
        - To change it go in the theme folder and manually change it in the constant.xml file
    - Added 2 constant for Details Panel minimum width in both Grid View and Details View
    - Added 1 constant for Feature Panel Opacity when set on top part
    - Added all cover/banner constant to Quick Settings Wheel
    - Added even more constant for all views so they can be set differently
    - More interface re-configuration and optimization