Playnite Forums
Microsoft XCloud Importer (library) - Printable Version

+- Playnite Forums (https://playnite.link/forum)
+-- Forum: Extension Database (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Library Plugins (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Microsoft XCloud Importer (library) (/thread-827.html)

Microsoft XCloud Importer (library) - joyrider3774 - 10-06-2021

It is A Library plugin for Playnite 9 (and up) that pulls XBox cloud games and lets you configure a browser to play them

Download
Grab the Latest Release or download from the Addon Browser.

Example Usuage video

Credits
  • Used Icon made by Freepik
  • Original JSon classes and certain code based on code from Xbox Gamepass Catalogbrowser by Darklinkpower

RE: Microsoft XCloud Importer (library) - TomWheeler - 10-17-2021

This one's a pretty cool way to stay up-to-date and try the latest releases in the Game Pass!
Would be great if this would work with the Xbox Desktop app as well as it now supports Xbox Cloud Gaming, too.

RE: Microsoft XCloud Importer (library) - Sennabot - 10-17-2021

this is so nice cause xcloud is not easy to navigate and cloud games dont appear in your account. So exactly the extension i also use the web link shortcut cause looks like the xbox app dont alow arguments. So i was adding the games with url manualy but this just import like 300 games with one click. Tnx dude!

RE: Microsoft XCloud Importer (library) - Luka8989 - 10-26-2021

congratulations your plugins are great, the only thing I can't do is close the browser and go back to playnite, how do you do it?

RE: Microsoft XCloud Importer (library) - joyrider3774 - 10-26-2021

(10-26-2021, 05:36 PM)Luka8989 Wrote: congratulations your plugins are great, the only thing I can't do is close the browser and go back to playnite, how do you do it?
i use the his auto hotkey script to close active window among other things. It was explained in the video

https://gist.github.com/joyrider3774/23facbe6664001486a4fc35af868a78c

you need some way to either close active window or send alt+f4 to browser by pressing certain buttons on your controller

In my example it's back + start

RE: Microsoft XCloud Importer (library) - Luka8989 - 10-26-2021

(10-26-2021, 05:59 PM)joyrider3774 Wrote:
(10-26-2021, 05:36 PM)Luka8989 Wrote: congratulations your plugins are great, the only thing I can't do is close the browser and go back to playnite, how do you do it?
i use the his auto hotkey script to close active window among other things. It was explained in the video

https://gist.github.com/joyrider3774/23facbe6664001486a4fc35af868a78c

you need some way to either close active window or send alt+f4 to browser by pressing certain buttons on your controller

In my example it's back + start
I'm trying to get the script to work, where should I upload it? I would like to use the key combination with the controller, can you explain me in more detail? I thank you infinitely

RE: Microsoft XCloud Importer (library) - joyrider3774 - 10-27-2021

(10-26-2021, 08:09 PM)Luka8989 Wrote: I'm trying to get the script to work, where should I upload it? I would like to use the key combination with the controller, can you explain me in more detail? I thank you infinitely

You need to download the script and save it as an .AHK file, download autohotkey right click the .AHK file containing the script i showed and choose compile, it will give you an exe file which you need to run. It will remain running in the system tray, each time you press back + start (on an xbox / xinput controller) it will close the active window

Or you can use some other 3rd party tools that allow to assign "commands" to gamepad button combinations and then you just need to assign alt + f4

RE: Microsoft XCloud Importer (library) - Luka8989 - 10-27-2021

(10-27-2021, 12:19 AM)joyrider3774 Wrote:
(10-26-2021, 08:09 PM)Luka8989 Wrote: I'm trying to get the script to work, where should I upload it? I would like to use the key combination with the controller, can you explain me in more detail? I thank you infinitely

You need to download the script and save it as an .AHK file, download autohotkey right click the .AHK file containing the script i showed and choose compile, it will give you an exe file which you need to run. It will remain running in the system tray, each time you press back + start (on an xbox / xinput controller) it will close the active window

Or you can use some other 3rd party tools that allow to assign "commands" to gamepad button combinations and then you just need to assign alt + f4
Thank you for the little guide, I did everything but it doesn't work for me, I use the Xbox360 emulated PS4 controller with DS4Windows, the controller is seen as an xinput, could this be the problem or am I wrong something? The keys I have to press to exit the browser are the left arrow of the dpad and the start key (which in my case is the options key of the PS4 controller) at the same time?

I understand, the problem, the key combination since I emulate the PS4 controller in an Xbox360 is R2 and L2, which case is not good because so I can not play, how can I solve?

RE: Microsoft XCloud Importer (library) - joyrider3774 - 10-27-2021

modify "joy7" and "joy8" values those 7 and 8 represent the buttons, you'll have to figure out the correct buttons on your own i'm using a real xbox 360 controller. FYI "2joy7" means joypad 2 button 7. Maybe the buttons are the same as seen in windows properties of the controller in control panel or change 1 button at a time till you figure out the correct button for at least one value then change the other one. Each time you need to recompile the script and rexecute it while having closed the previous running instance

RE: Microsoft XCloud Importer (library) - Luka8989 - 10-28-2021

(10-27-2021, 11:12 PM)joyrider3774 Wrote: modify "joy7" and "joy8" values those 7 and 8 represent the buttons, you'll have to figure out the correct buttons on your own i'm using a real xbox 360 controller. FYI "2joy7" means joypad 2 button 7.  Maybe the buttons are the same as seen in windows properties of the controller in control panel or change 1 button at a time till you figure out the correct button for at least one value then change the other one. Each time you need to recompile the script and rexecute it while having closed the previous running instance
As always you are very kind, I did as you said and I managed to do half the job, in the sense that I found the correspondence of keys up to number 14, from 14 onwards there is nothing, so I miss all the Dpad and directional of the analogs, I don't know if it is a limit of your scrip made for the xbox 360 controller or if I have to find somewhere how these keys are named, what can I do?

Then I wanted to ask you something, the Nintendo Switch Yuzu emulator always starts in the window and to put it in full screen you have to press F11, how can I do to add F11 on the controller as with Alt F4? Thank you so much for your help

RE: Microsoft XCloud Importer (library) - joyrider3774 - 10-31-2021

Joystick are axises not buttons same for dpad that usually POV not buttons either so need to implement that otherwise, read the help of autohotkey i have no need for that so not going to search / test it.

This would send F11 if you want ALT+F11 add !{F11}
if ((getKeyState("joy7") && getKeyState("Joy10")) || (getKeyState("2joy7") && getKeyState("2Joy10")) || (getKeyState("3joy7") && getKeyState("3Joy10")))
{
      Send, {F11}
}

you can read up on those keys here https://www.autohotkey.com/docs/KeyList.htm

RE: Microsoft XCloud Importer (library) - Luka8989 - 11-01-2021

(10-31-2021, 07:59 AM)joyrider3774 Wrote: Joystick are axises not buttons same for dpad that usually POV not buttons either so need to implement that otherwise, read the help of autohotkey i have no need for that so not going to search / test it.

This would send F11 if you want ALT+F11 add !{F11}
if ((getKeyState("joy7") && getKeyState("Joy10")) || (getKeyState("2joy7") && getKeyState("2Joy10")) || (getKeyState("3joy7") && getKeyState("3Joy10")))
{
      Send, {F11}
}

you can read up on those keys here https://www.autohotkey.com/docs/KeyList.htm
I have a problem with starting games on xcloud, I was associated with an account where the subscription expired and I changed the account and now if I start the games they do not start me, the gamepass with the xbox application I use it with my main account and on the microsoft store I put the account of my friend with whom I share the subscription, to use the xcloud since it does not include the shared account, but only a single one, I have to start it not with my account but with that of my friend where there is the actual subscription that we share, how do I solve? On the Playnite Xbox library if I click connect it doesn't make me log back in with another account, how can I fix it?

RE: Microsoft XCloud Importer (library) - joyrider3774 - 11-01-2021

start a game then quit the game (not the browser) so you come on the main website. Logout and login with correct account. Also i'm pretty sure sharing an account with non family members is not legal. But anyway that's another discution i'm not going to do here, only mentioning it. The plugin just starts a browser so you basically need to logout from the account and login with correct account. If that does not work no clue it's not a plugin problem then. Xbox library also got nothing todo with xcloud library

RE: Microsoft XCloud Importer (library) - Luka8989 - 11-24-2021

I was wondering if you could do what you did for xcloud games for stadia as well, it would be very convenient, what do you think?

RE: Microsoft XCloud Importer (library) - Rabold - 12-01-2021

Heya, thanks for this plugin! Question: is it possible to configure things so that what launches is this (using Fallout New Vegas as an example):

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe" --new-window --app="https://www.xbox.com/en-US/play/launch/fallout-new-vegas/BX3JNK07Z6QK"

In settings I have: 

Browser location:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe

Extra Parameters to pass to browser:
--new-window --app=

But this seems to ignore the extra parameters and simply launches it in the browser regularly. I've tried stuff like --new-window --app="{URL}" but the launch behavior doesn't change, just the normal browser.

Thanks for any help with this!

RE: Microsoft XCloud Importer (library) - Héraès - 06-22-2022

Hello. There is what I think to be a massive bug with your plugin.
You can fin the topic I created here : https://playnite.link/forum/thread-1248-post-8588.html#pid8588

In a short, it imports games we DON'T OWN, and that's a huge problem, wether or not those games are "free" of access, because :

1. If so, we should have the same behavior for other libraries like Steam or even the Windows' Gaming pass, and we don't.

2. We don't because we want WHAT WE BOUGHT or WHAT WE ADDED (like installed, even if there's an ambiguity with libraries with free access depending on a pass).

I know there is an ambiguity about "installed" and "added" in the Windows Gaming pass, and added means installed in our minds (and in the corresponding plugin), while to add a game in Steam (and to see it appearing in Playnite) we rather need to buy them and it doesn't necessarily means installed, but you have to work on theses concepts because right now it's a CATASTROPHY. I can let you imagine my face when I saw hundreds of games poping in my beautifully organized Playnite, and the panic to find a method to remove them.

[Image: paul-heyman-omg.gif]

You could say "but it's fine if you can install them it's cool to see them what's the problem ?", and I would answer "huhhh nooooOOOO"' because I don't want thousands games I never desired to appear in my libray. I want stuffs I OWN, wether it is actually in installed state or not. It includes exceptions like games I don't really own but project to own one day, and the general idea is I want to see what I have played or plan to play or replay in the future, not the entire world library. For that, I have internet.

Now to finish, I have to add that it happened because of a checkbox i checked, labelled something like "Download even not-installed games" : I did it because I want this for my Steam games, and it works like a charm. But it failed and I suspect that's because all games are FREE, and your plugin add them because they fulfil the two conditions of :
A) to be not installed
B) to be "owned" (passively). 

However, we don't really want PLAYNITE to work like that and to see some thousands games spamming the view (neither in any kind of library software where we manage OUR collection, not the worldwide collection for Christ's sake), that's why the author of the Xbox libray integration plugin smartly decided to distinguisg "not installed" with "owned" instead of confusing them. And how would you know how a game is "owned" in such a "free for access" type of library ? Well, by considering that it has to be installed...

Yeah, it's counter-intuitive and necessitate some great cognitive efforts and degustations of biscuits to understand that IT DOESN'T MEAN for other libraries we would skip games we possess if they are not installed, for the good reason that we don't have to apply psycho-rigid methods of thinking : we can decide to break the rules for contexts requiring it, like for those "free access with gaming pass" libraries. 

We could debate for hours, but my advice is or to REMOVE completly the aforementioned checkbox, or to display a BIG AND BOLDED RED MESSAGE to notify the user that it will download ALL THE GAMES OF THE LIBRARY !!! wether or not he ever desired to possess them or have played them in the past.

If you insist in the capability to include the games we didn't install in those free-access libraries (but could desire to play, and hey, we can !), I would suggest to display a gigantic board with checkboxes and the possiblity to check what we import, or simply to rely on whishlists or "play it later" features that might exist (in a word, create an option in your plugin, but don't label it "not installed games").

Thanks for your comprehension sir.  Dodgy

PS : did I mentioned it took more than one hour to download all the informations for those games relatively to other plugins like CheckLocalization or HowLongToBeat, and that I was sitting in front of my PC and watching my screen in despair before realizing I could hit the "CANCEL" button ? 

RE: Microsoft XCloud Importer (library) - Xenor - 06-23-2022

Oh, so you want the Xbox plugin and not the XCloud one then Smile.

RE: Microsoft XCloud Importer (library) - rebelancap - 07-10-2022

Hello, is there a way to have this add-on load the Xbox app to play an xCloud game instead of web browser? The experience is better via xbox app: automatically fullscreen, not dependent on browser and therefore less intensive, etc. I'm finding myself looking at which game I want to play within Playnite, then moving over to the XBox windows app to actually stream it. Would be nice not to have to do this so I can sit on the couch and just use the controller instead. Not sure if this is possible or not?

I also recommend a feature (if possible) to select in Add-on settings: add games manually instead of adding all games. I imported all games, then went through and hid all except like 10 games I regularly play. But either way, it requires extra work so not a big deal. Smile

Thanks!