Playnite Forums
Search Playnite | Search game notes, descriptions, series, tags + more - Printable Version

+- Playnite Forums (https://playnite.link/forum)
+-- Forum: Extension Database (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Generic Extensions (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Search Playnite | Search game notes, descriptions, series, tags + more (/thread-857.html)

Search Playnite | Search game notes, descriptions, series, tags + more - OneAngryGamer - 10-19-2021

This extension lets you search tags, series, game notes or game descriptions for matching strings.

Changelog:
  • 1.1.0 add option to search game notes + minor bug fix
  • 1.2.0 add option to search for a Game Id (exact match only)
  • 1.3.0 bug fix + add alternative search option for Game Id
  • 1.4.0 several more options - see release post for details

Compatibility: Due to the Great 8 Break, this add-on is not compatible with any version of Playnite after v8.15. (I can release this for Playnite 9 if somebody can explain all of the changes needed to convert P8 scripts to P9)

If you found this add-on useful, you can find more of my add-ons here

After these forums close I will upload add-ons to https://mega.nz/folder/M2lQjAwK#njde1JEQbJjquOAojrXF_A

RE: Search Playnite - spineduke - 10-19-2021

Hey thats neat - I was looking for an expanded search. Do you have a repo for your shared stuff?

RE: Search Playnite - OneAngryGamer - 10-20-2021

(10-19-2021, 07:26 AM)spineduke Wrote: Hey thats neat - I was looking for an expanded search. Do you have a repo for your shared stuff?
No repo. Any extensions that I decide to share will be uploaded to forum threads.

RE: Search Playnite - OneAngryGamer - 12-22-2021

Update v1.2.0 announcement

I recently wanted to search for a GameId but you can not do this in Playnite. So I have added it as an option to this extension. Run the menu item to report the game(/s) that have this GameId.

Unlike the other features, searching on GameId will only return exact matches. This was intentional to prevent returning incorrect results caused by partial matches (e.g. Steam GameIds).

RE: Search Playnite - OneAngryGamer - 01-19-2022

Update Announcement v1.3.0
  • BUG FIX - Search Notes now working again
  • NEW  - added ability to Search Game Id by partial match

Tips for using 'Search Game Id' feature
  • If searching for a Steam AppId - always use 'Search Games - Game Id (Exact Match)' (to prevent returning false positives)
  • If searching for a rom in EmuLibrary - recommend using 'Search Games - Game Id'

RE: Search Playnite - mbeemer - 03-25-2022

I'm getting 'Extension "Search Playnite" failed to load properly.' with all three versions of the pext. How can I troubleshoot this?

RE: Search Playnite - OneAngryGamer - 03-30-2022

(03-25-2022, 10:22 PM)mbeemer Wrote: I'm getting 'Extension "Search Playnite" failed to load properly.' with all three versions of the pext.  How can I troubleshoot this?

Playnite 9 broke extensions, plugins and themes. This extension is not compatible with Playnite 9 and higher.

It may be possible to make this compatible with P9 since it is the most basic extension I ever created.
After installing the plugin, try renaming the file extension from .ps1 to .psm1 - restart Playnite and see if it works.

RE: Search Playnite - Xunkar - 07-30-2022

I'm very intested in this extension, but couldn't make it work. Is it possible to migrate please? Or perhaps there are alternatives. I need a way to make a library search on the "Notes" field. Thank you.

RE: Search Playnite - OneAngryGamer - 08-05-2022

(07-30-2022, 09:29 PM)Xunkar Wrote: I'm very intested in this extension, but couldn't make it work.

If you are using Playnite 9 then that is why it will not work.

Playnite 9 broke extensions, plugins and themes. This extension is not compatible with Playnite 9.

(07-30-2022, 09:29 PM)Xunkar Wrote: Is it possible to migrate please?

I am not changing to Playnite 9 while the plugins I am using.are broken in Playnite 9.

RE: Search Playnite - Xunkar - 08-06-2022

Why not release the sources then? I'll have to take on look on doing it from scratch.

RE: Search Playnite - OneAngryGamer - 08-11-2022

(08-06-2022, 11:11 AM)Xunkar Wrote: Why not release the sources then? I'll have to take on look on doing it from scratch.

The plugins that are not available on Playnite 9 already have source code publicly available.

To take one example, Emu Library does not have a Playnite 9 compatible plugin. Its source is available on GitHub https://github.com/psychonic/Playnite-EmuLibrary

RE: Search Playnite - Xunkar - 08-13-2022

Well I tried searching for the sources of your plugin, but nothing returned. Would you set up a GitHub to fork it please?

RE: Search Playnite - OneAngryGamer - 09-14-2022

(08-13-2022, 12:46 PM)Xunkar Wrote: Well I tried searching for the sources of your plugin, but nothing returned. Would you set up a GitHub to fork it please?

Github doesn't work for me.

Most of my extensions have never been publicly released. This includes project 200 / the One Ring project - which makes it easy to link games to more than 200 online databases and websites and then download images and other files or metadata such as tags, ratings, genres and so on.

Out of the extensions uploaded to the forums, many of these are now out of date. I have not been uploading the latest versions containing improvements and new features.

If Playnite 9 were to become worth upgrading to then I would convert and re-upload my public extensions for Playnite 9. However since Playnite 9 users are unconcerned about the pre-Playnite 9 plugins that they are missing out on, it would seem unlikely that this will end up happening.

RE: Search Playnite - Jeshibu - 09-15-2022

(09-14-2022, 11:55 PM)OneAngryGamer Wrote:
(08-13-2022, 12:46 PM)Xunkar Wrote: Well I tried searching for the sources of your plugin, but nothing returned. Would you set up a GitHub to fork it please?

Github doesn't work for me.

Most of my extensions have never been publicly released. This includes project 200 / the One Ring project - which makes it easy to link games to more than 200 online databases and websites and then download images and other files or metadata such as tags, ratings, genres and so on.

Out of the extensions uploaded to the forums, many of these are now out of date. I have not been uploading the latest versions containing improvements and new features.
In what way does Github not work for you? Technically or in some other way?

(09-14-2022, 11:55 PM)OneAngryGamer Wrote: If Playnite 9 were to become worth upgrading to then I would convert and re-upload my public extensions for Playnite 9. However since Playnite 9 users are unconcerned about the pre-Playnite 9 plugins that they are missing out on, it would seem unlikely that this will end up happening.
You're waiting on user demand to port your extensions to 9 then?

RE: Search Playnite - OneAngryGamer - 12-27-2022

(09-15-2022, 07:27 PM)Jeshibu Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 11:55 PM)OneAngryGamer Wrote: If Playnite 9 were to become worth upgrading to then I would convert and re-upload my public extensions for Playnite 9. However since Playnite 9 users are unconcerned about the pre-Playnite 9 plugins that they are missing out on, it would seem unlikely that this will end up happening.
You're waiting on user demand to port your extensions to 9 then?

No. I was referring to plugins created by other developers prior to Playnite 9 that broke if you upgraded Playnite above v8.15 and that do not have a compatible plugin on Playnite 9 so Playnite 9 users are missing out.

To take one example - LaunchBox metadata plugin - This is not available on Playnite 9 nor is there any sufficient equivalent.

RE: Search Playnite | Search game notes, descriptions, series, tags + more - OneAngryGamer - 04-06-2023

changes in next release
  • search PlayAction Paths
  • search Sorting Names
  • implement text report (ALPHA)

RE: Search Playnite | Search game notes, descriptions, series, tags + more - OneAngryGamer - 08-02-2023

Update Announcement v1.4.0

Added
  • New option to search Sorting Names
  • New option to search PlayAction Executable
  • New options to only search Selected Games
Changed
  • Extended amount of possible results - If the number of match results is too big to display as a message, it will create and open a text report (maximum limit 1,000 results)
  • All menu items (other than Selected Games) have been moved from the Game menu to the Main menu
  • Extension icon replaced
  • Other code changes