Playnite Forums
Achievement Watcher extension - Printable Version

+- Playnite Forums (https://playnite.link/forum)
+-- Forum: Extension Database (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Generic Extensions (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Achievement Watcher extension (/thread-869.html)

Pages: 1 2

Achievement Watcher extension - OneAngryGamer - 10-21-2021

What is Achievement Watcher?
To quote from its GitHub page:

Quote:A sexy achievement file parser with real-time notification, automatic screenshot and playtime tracking.

View every achievement earned on your PC whether it's coming from Steam, a Steam emulator, and more.

Exclamation Software provided here is purely for informational purposes and does not provide nor encourage illegal access to copyrighted material.

read more:
https://xan105.github.io/Achievement-Watcher/
https://github.com/xan105/Achievement-Watcher

What does this extension do?
This extension attempts to set up very basic integration between Playnite 8 and the Achievement Watcher program.

v1.0.0
  • Check Playnite to see if it contains any Steam games that are not appearing in Achievement Watcher.
  • Check Achievement Watcher to see if it contains any games that have not been added to Playnite yet.
  • Check Achievement Watcher games against icon cache to check for any games missing cache.
  • Open the Achievement Watcher logs folder.

+ more changes in v1.1.0 and v1.2.0

Donations? I'm not taking donations. If you want to donate, donate to the Achievement Watcher program instead:

Compatibility: Due to the Great 8 Break, this extension is not compatible with any version of Playnite after v8.15.

Playnite 9 users can use the conversion of v1.1.0 by azuravian available in this thread. There is no P9 conversion for the latest public release.

I will convert this for Playnite 9 only if somebody can provide all the changes needed to convert P8 scripts to P9.

If you found this extension useful, you can find more of my extensions here

After these forums close I will upload add-ons to https://mega.nz/folder/M2lQjAwK#njde1JEQbJjquOAojrXF_A

RE: Achievement Watcher - Luka8989 - 10-21-2021

Nice idea, too bad the Achievement Watcher notification never worked for me, it doesn't even load all the games listed and your extension installed on playnite tells me it didn't load correctly, solutions?

RE: Achievement Watcher - OneAngryGamer - 10-22-2021

(10-21-2021, 10:38 AM)Luka8989 Wrote: your extension installed on playnite tells me it didn't load correctly, solutions?
I forgot to mention that this extension was designed on/for Playnite 8. Are you using Playnite 9?

RE: Achievement Watcher - Luka8989 - 10-22-2021

(10-22-2021, 03:37 AM)OneAngryGamer Wrote:
(10-21-2021, 10:38 AM)Luka8989 Wrote: your extension installed on playnite tells me it didn't load correctly, solutions?
I forgot to mention that this extension was designed on/for Playnite 8. Are you using Playnite 9?
Yes I am using playnite 9, please do an update for playnite 9 as well, I would be very happy, thank you very much for your work

RE: Achievement Watcher - Rasenringu - 10-22-2021

Hoping that a Playnite 9 release is planned now, can't wait Big Grin

RE: Achievement Watcher - bekfastgame - 10-24-2021

(10-22-2021, 03:37 AM)OneAngryGamer Wrote:
about Crow permission to add achievement watcher
he is okay with it and i asked about this in success story thread
but i am too lazy to take a pic of it just go search it yourself

RE: Achievement Watcher - OneAngryGamer - 10-25-2021

(10-22-2021, 08:59 AM)Luka8989 Wrote: Yes I am using playnite 9, please do an update for playnite 9 as well, I would be very happy, thank you very much for your work

I wont be creating any Playnite 9 extensions until after I upgrade to Playnite 9. If I ever upgrade. (Upgrading to 9 will break my Playnite set up and I have customised Playnite 8 so it can now do almost everything I ever wanted it to be able to do.)

However if anybody wants to convert any of my extensions to be compatible with Playnite 9, I have no objections to them uploading these conversions to my extension threads.

(10-24-2021, 07:22 PM)bekfastgame Wrote: about Crow permission to add achievement watcher
I am too lazy too.

Besides, a post in an unrelated thread isn't sufficient authority for me. I would need Crow to reply to this thread (or send me a PM)

I don't expect Crow to be happy about the idea of me creating such a feature but I want to be sure that doing so wont cross any lines for him. (I'm not going to get banned just so you can view your AW achievements within Playnite.)

RE: Achievement Watcher - Luka8989 - 10-25-2021

(10-25-2021, 09:04 PM)OneAngryGamer Wrote:
(10-22-2021, 08:59 AM)Luka8989 Wrote: Yes I am using playnite 9, please do an update for playnite 9 as well, I would be very happy, thank you very much for your work

I wont be creating any Playnite 9 extensions until after I upgrade to Playnite 9. If I ever upgrade. (Upgrading to 9 will break my Playnite set up and I have customised Playnite 8 so it can now do almost everything I ever wanted it to be able to do.)

However if anybody wants to convert any of my extensions to be compatible with Playnite 9, I have no objections to them uploading these conversions to my extension threads.

(10-24-2021, 07:22 PM)bekfastgame Wrote: about Crow permission to add achievement watcher
I am too lazy too.

Besides, a post in an unrelated thread isn't sufficient authority for me. I would need Crow to reply to this thread (or send me a PM)

I don't expect Crow to be happy about the idea of me creating such a feature but I want to be sure that doing so wont cross any lines for him. (I'm not going to get banned just so you can view your AW achievements within Playnite.)
If I knew how to do it, I would have immediately updated it to playnite 9, regardless of this, can I ask you some things in private about the objectives?

RE: Achievement Watcher - OneAngryGamer - 12-27-2021

v1.1.0
  • open logs folder
  • open options ini (Recommended that you do not edit this. If you do intend to edit the ini, ensure that Achievement Watcher program is closed first to prevent losing any changes)
  • other small improvements

RE: Achievement Watcher - azuravian - 12-28-2021

(12-27-2021, 02:59 AM)OneAngryGamer Wrote: v1.1.0
  • open logs folder
  • open options ini (Recommended that you do not edit this. If you do intend to edit the ini, ensure that Achievement Watcher program is closed first to prevent losing any changes)
  • other small improvements

I have updated v1.1.0 for Playnite 9.  Other than the primary change to being a .psm1, instead of ps1, I also had to change all references from "$_.Platform -eq" to "$_.Platforms.Name -contains".

[attachment=2122]

RE: Achievement Watcher - themainmango - 02-11-2022

This is great! Thank you for creating this and azuravian for updating to P9.

Will try the plugin out!

RE: Achievement Watcher - OneAngryGamer - 02-15-2022

(02-11-2022, 04:17 PM)themainmango Wrote: This is great! Thank you for creating this and azuravian for updating to P9.

Will try the plugin out!

Be prepared for disappointment. Versions below v1.2 can only do reporting and shortcuts.

RE: Achievement Watcher - OneAngryGamer - 02-21-2022

Playnite lacks the ability to mark games that you no longer own.

If you want to work around this problem - Add a Category named 'DELETED' to all games that you no longer have *

The 'DELETED' category will be used by various extensions I create. (This extension already makes use of it.)

* i.e. You refunded the game (e.g. online store) or sold the physical media (e.g. game cartridge) or deleted the download (e.g. fan games)

RE: Achievement Watcher - OneAngryGamer - 05-30-2022

A few updates later.

RE: Achievement Watcher extension - OneAngryGamer - 09-27-2022

More updates. Game menu added.

[attachment=2403]

RE: Achievement Watcher extension - xfvcci - 10-22-2022

What does this extension do? because I thought that I would add the achievements, of the achievements watcher but nothing appears

RE: Achievement Watcher extension - OneAngryGamer - 12-16-2022

backport of v1.2.0 publicly released

I have uploaded v1.2.0 to the opening post. Note that this is not the version I would have released if the official Patreon had increased support.

v1.2.0 requires Playnite 7 or 8 due to the Great 8 Break.
If you are using Playnite 9+, see earlier in this thread for outdated version v1.1.0 ported by azuravian.

If you found this extension useful, you can find more of my extensions at https://playnite.link/forum/search.php?action=finduserthreads&uid=2858

If these forums are closed, I will not be moving to Discord or reddit.

(10-22-2022, 10:56 PM)xfvcci Wrote: What does this extension do? because I thought that I would add the achievements, of the achievements watcher but nothing appears

The extension attempts to set up very basic integration between Playnite and the Achievement Watcher program. Prior to v1.2.0, this is mostly reporting. The features appear in 'Achievement Watcher' in the main menu and in the game menu (v1.2.0 and higher).

RE: Achievement Watcher extension - xfvcci - 12-18-2022

The truth is, I still don't understand what this extension does, what Achievement Watcher is supposed to do is see the achievements and unlock them, this extension neither shows the achievements nor unlocks them, so I don't know why to use it.

RE: Achievement Watcher extension - OneAngryGamer - 12-27-2022

(12-18-2022, 08:37 AM)xfvcci Wrote: The truth is, I still don't understand what this extension does, what Achievement Watcher is supposed to do is see the achievements and unlock them, this extension neither shows the achievements nor unlocks them, so I don't know why to use it.

This extension was originally created for my own use to compare Achievement Watcher with Playnite and to detect and report issues that I wanted to address. While I have added more features after v1.1, these are mostly intended for experienced users of Achievement Watcher and, by default, are hidden from view unless the advanced options are enabled in the extension.

If you are only interested in seeing achievements in Playnite then this extension is not for you, instead look for the Success Story plugin and install that.

I may add achievements in Playnite to this extension in a future release but not if the Achievement Watcher project dies which appears increasingly likely due to the decreasing amount of funding - Official Patreon

RE: Achievement Watcher extension [RECENT UPDATE] - OneAngryGamer - 12-29-2022

Playnite 9 & Recent Backport of v1.2
I have no objections if anybody wants to convert v1.2 for Playnite 9, including uploading/sharing their conversion here or elsewhere.

Achievement Watcher & Achievements in Playnite
The Achievement Watcher extension does not display achievements in Playnite. I may add this in future but it is not a primary objective for me. It would be a waste of effort adding this if Achievement Watcher dies due to lack of funding. Its Patreon is now extremely low.

If anybody else wants to create their own plugin to display Achievement Watcher achievements in Playnite, I don't mind if you sample code from my extension. The code to get you started will be found in .\lib\oag3pAchievementWatcher.ps1