Playnite Forums
StartPage - Printable Version

+- Playnite Forums (https://playnite.link/forum)
+-- Forum: Extension Database (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Generic Extensions (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: StartPage (/thread-930.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

StartPage - felixkmh - 11-04-2021

StartPage lets you choose which of the views attached to the sidebar items is shown when Playnite starts and provides a start page presenting recently played games, recently added games, favorite games and recent SuccessStory achievements as well as notifications.

Screenshot using DH_Night theme:
[Image: 166326510-6121a702-7abd-482b-b727-2ef2786fdaf4.png]

GitHub
Translate
Install

[Image: localized.svg]

[Image: 61e11d430afb112ea33c3aa5_Button-1-p-500.png]

RE: StartPage - LefTutti - 11-04-2021

Nice!

RE: StartPage - Lacro59 - 11-05-2021

Great works!

I also planned to do this but the time is not extendable, lol.

It would be nice if you could add GameActivity data as well.

RE: StartPage - sheepbeep - 11-05-2021

Really Cool!

What is the background of the start page based off?

Perhaps make it configurable (especially blur, from where it takes... random, last played, hover?)

RE: StartPage - felixkmh - 11-06-2021

(11-05-2021, 10:18 AM)Lacro59 Wrote: Great works!

I also planned to do this but the time is not extendable, lol.

It would be nice if you could add GameActivity data as well.

Thanks Big Grin Yeah, this was something I was missing as well. What kind of integration do you have in mind for GameActivity?

(11-05-2021, 03:47 PM)sheepbeep Wrote: Really Cool!

What is the background of the start page based off?

Perhaps make it configurable (especially blur, from where it takes... random, last played, hover?)

Thank you, but it is still in a very early stage, so a lot of things are going to change. Right now the background image, as you suspected, is taken from the most recently played game that also happens to have a background image. Maybe I will add some more options for that at some point.

RE: StartPage - DonkeyOatay - 11-06-2021

Just tried to install it from the addon browser but get a 'Failed to download add-on installation package' error.

RE: StartPage - felixkmh - 11-06-2021

(11-06-2021, 11:23 AM)Donkeyfumbler Wrote: Just tried to install it from the addon browser but get a 'Failed to download add-on installation package' error.

I had to pull back the 1.0.1 update because of severe memory issues. Installing version 1.0.2 should work as usual.

RE: StartPage - BloodShed - 11-07-2021

It's really nice.

Suggestions:
- Option to show 'Favorites' (just like 'Recently Added' and 'Recently Played').

- Option to show most recent screen shot(s) (ScreenshotsVisualizer plugin).

- Option to show the clock as analogue (the digital has a lot of empty space around it).

RE: StartPage - luniewski - 11-09-2021

Where can I translate it (Polish)?

RE: StartPage - felixkmh - 11-09-2021

(11-09-2021, 09:12 PM)luniewski Wrote: Where can I translate it (Polish)?

https://crowdin.com/project/startpage-for-playnite

RE: StartPage - luniewski - 11-10-2021

Done Smile

RE: StartPage - Lacro59 - 11-14-2021

(11-06-2021, 01:28 AM)felixkmh Wrote: Thanks Big Grin Yeah, this was something I was missing as well. What kind of integration do you have in mind for GameActivity?
It will be good to have the total time played per day over week or month or ...
[attachment=2025]

RE: StartPage - Meiloorun - 11-15-2021

I don't know why but I get a crash when I run this with GameActivity, I cannot run both at the same time

RE: StartPage - felixkmh - 11-15-2021

(11-15-2021, 10:50 AM)Meiloorun Wrote: I don't know why but I get a crash when I run this with GameActivity, I cannot run both at the same time

It works just fine for me running both, so I cannot reproduce that. Can you post the relevant error message from the playnite.log?
Also, do you have it set up to activate another view than the Library on launch?

RE: StartPage - Mellified - 11-15-2021

Enjoying this extension! One suggestion is not to use hidden games in the displayed content. My "most played" game on Steam is "SteamVR". I have it hidden since it's not really a game, but Start Page shows it anyway!

I'd also like to see a little more information on the start page. Without the clock there's a lot of dead space. An option to display more than one "most played" and "latest release" item would be nice for example.

RE: StartPage - Dixon - 11-15-2021

This is a really good add-on ... Thanks.

It would be nice if "Show Title on Game Cover" is deactivated, the name of the game is displayed in the mouse over ...

or even with the Icon/Logo

Greetz

RE: StartPage - SasquatchBurger - 11-16-2021

(11-15-2021, 02:27 PM)felixkmh Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 10:50 AM)Meiloorun Wrote: I don't know why but I get a crash when I run this with GameActivity, I cannot run both at the same time

It works just fine for me running both, so I cannot reproduce that. Can you post the relevant error message from the playnite.log?
Also, do you have it set up to activate another view than the Library on launch?

So my own personal experience was that GameActivity crashes when you set Start Page to be the default view on Launch. I had no settings within GameActivity enabled that would contradict this. Only when to get into Playnite at this point is to select the option to disable GameActivity within the error prompt.

I also found when I set the Library view to Details view, then went to Start Page and clicked a game it caused Start Page to crash.

You've got the makings of a really awesome extension here, exactly the sort of thing I felt Playnite was lacking. Looking forward to your future updates.

RE: StartPage - felixkmh - 11-16-2021

(11-16-2021, 12:45 PM)SasquatchBurger Wrote: So my own personal experience was that GameActivity crashes when you set Start Page to be the default view on Launch. I had no settings within GameActivity enabled that would contradict this. Only when to get into Playnite at this point is to select the option to disable GameActivity within the error prompt.

I also found when I set the Library view to Details view, then went to Start Page and clicked a game it caused Start Page to crash.

You've got the makings of a really awesome extension here, exactly the sort of thing I felt Playnite was lacking. Looking forward to your future updates.

Can I also ask you to provide the errors logged in the playnite.log file for both scenarios? The error prompt should also give you the option to save the logs.

RE: StartPage - SasquatchBurger - 11-16-2021

(11-16-2021, 02:25 PM)felixkmh Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 12:45 PM)SasquatchBurger Wrote: So my own personal experience was that GameActivity crashes when you set Start Page to be the default view on Launch. I had no settings within GameActivity enabled that would contradict this. Only when to get into Playnite at this point is to select the option to disable GameActivity within the error prompt.

Can I also ask you to provide the errors logged in the playnite.log file for both scenarios? The error prompt should also give you the option to save the logs.

The Logs are too big for the attachment tool in these forums. They're both just over 2000kb in size.

Open to suggestions to get them uploaded. I've attached a screenshot of my add-on settings in the mean time though in case it is of use. My reproduction case for the details view error is :

- Launch Playnite (in Library by default)
- Set view to 'Details View'
- Go to Start Page
- Click on my most recently played game, Mass Effect: Andromeda (Not the play button)

The details view appears in background so navigates fine but an error is triggered nonetheless.

I am using Windows 11 and the Stardust theme too.

RE: StartPage - felixkmh - 11-16-2021

I just released v1.4.5 that fixed some other crash related to GameActivity, maybe it fixed your issue as well. As to where to upload, maybe try this site https://upload.disroot.org/