Playnite Forums
StartPage - Printable Version

+- Playnite Forums (https://playnite.link/forum)
+-- Forum: Extension Database (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Generic Extensions (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: StartPage (/thread-930.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: StartPage - Kitamoboz - 12-08-2021

It works perfectly, thank you!

About the IGDBMetadata_Builtin issue, it only happens if I install StartPage after the first Playnite launch.
If I close and relaunch Playnite before installing StartPage, there is no notification about it.
It's not a big issue though, since IGBD metadata provider is working anyway, and there is no more notification about it after the first one.

RE: StartPage - steve-o - 12-13-2021

Hello Felix! I just recently discovered this plugin and I have to say it's fast becoming one of my favourites. Thank you for all the time and effort you've put into making it for us. Smile

I was wondering if it would be possible to add a third "big image" panel for Last Played (the game you most recently launched), beside Last Added and Most Played?

RE: StartPage - Nemix - 12-14-2021

@felixkmh how does the random background work exactly, does it change automatically?

RE: StartPage - felixkmh - 12-14-2021

(12-13-2021, 01:28 PM)steve-o Wrote: Hello Felix! I just recently discovered this plugin and I have to say it's fast becoming one of my favourites. Thank you for all the time and effort you've put into making it for us. Smile

I was wondering if it would be possible to add a third "big image" panel for Last Played (the game you most recently launched), beside Last Added and Most Played?

Hi, thanks, glad you like it Big Grin
I feel like it would be kind of redundant, given that this would always be the same as the leftmost game in the recently played row. I can't really see how that would be useful, but maybe I am missing something here.

(12-14-2021, 04:49 PM)Nemix Wrote: @felixkmh how does the random background work exactly, does it change automatically?

It is chosen randomly when Playnite launches and you can get another random one by right-clicking the background and clicking on "Next Random Background" in the context menu (only visible if the background selection method is set to random in the settings).

RE: StartPage - psimetalify - 01-06-2022

Hi! I don't know how big of an ask this is but, would it be possible to implement your (in my view superior) background-image system as the library backgrounds as well?

RE: StartPage - felixkmh - 01-06-2022

(01-06-2022, 12:10 PM)psimetalify Wrote: Hi! I don't know how big of an ask this is but, would it be possible to implement your (in my view superior) background-image system as the library backgrounds as well?

There currrently is, at least to my knowledge, no straightforward way of doing that. There are likely some hacky ways to do it, but I don't know how reliable that would be. I would suggest to open a feature request in Playnite's GitHub repo asking for the features of the StartPage background that you would like to be implemented in Playnite as well.

RE: StartPage - Nemix - 01-21-2022

Future features? for a more minimalistic look

hide most played game
hide labels and dates on last played / last added?
hide info button (bottom left)

before:
https://i.imgur.com/ItmR37H.png

after:
https://i.imgur.com/03d1x2B.png

RE: StartPage - sheepbeep - 01-21-2022

Some suggestions:
- make checkbox to hide the most played game / 7 / 30 days (there isn't one)
- togglable button for the random game gizmo
- have (seperately) (toggleable) widget for game news / reviews [library] (News Viewer or the Review Viewer from darklinpower)
- have a configurable button to display steam trailers (pulled from the plugin)
- have a configurable button to show DLCs (CheckDLC plugin)

- make an option to change the background on hover of a game.

RE: StartPage - LefTutti - 01-24-2022

You‘re mistaking SP with a theme

RE: StartPage - Gerdoner - 01-25-2022

(01-21-2022, 08:40 PM)sheepbeep Wrote: Some suggestions:
- have (seperately) (toggleable) widget for game news / reviews  [library] (News Viewer or the Review Viewer from darklinpower)

Gotta say, when I first tried out StartPage a few months ago, I thought it was alright but didn't see what it brought to the table. In the last few weeks I really learned to appreciate it though as a nice, clean start page (d'oh) to playnite that gives a great overview. 
I really like the suggestions above (espc. random game button and more plugin integrations... e.g. show the last screenshots and so on) and would love to add some more:

What "bothers" me is the order of the most played games. Most played -> 7 days -> Last 30 days for me is no "logical" sorting. It should either be "7 days, 30 days, overall" or "Most played, 30 days, 7 days".

As someone with hundreds of wallpapers in windows, I really like the random background options. I would love to see a "change random background every x minutes" option or "show random backgrounds of the last x played games" or "show random backgrounds of the x most played games"

Again, thank you for this great extention and keep up the good work!

RE: StartPage - felixkmh - 01-30-2022

(01-21-2022, 04:17 AM)Nemix Wrote: Future features? for a more minimalistic look

hide most played game
hide labels and dates on last played / last added?
hide info button (bottom left)

before:
https://i.imgur.com/ItmR37H.png

after:
https://i.imgur.com/03d1x2B.png

I think you can get there with v1.10.0, which allows to edit/add/remove shelves. There is a hidden settings button on the left of each shelve, that pops up if it is hovered. You would jut need to:
- edit the label of each shelve so they are all empty
- disable grouping for each shelve (which removes the labels on top of the games)
- disable the other panels in the settings window

(01-25-2022, 10:16 PM)Gerdoner Wrote:
(01-21-2022, 08:40 PM)sheepbeep Wrote: Some suggestions:
- have (seperately) (toggleable) widget for game news / reviews  [library] (News Viewer or the Review Viewer from darklinpower)

Gotta say, when I first tried out StartPage a few months ago, I thought it was alright but didn't see what it brought to the table. In the last few weeks I really learned to appreciate it though as a nice, clean start page (d'oh) to playnite that gives a great overview. 
I really like the suggestions above (espc. random game button and more plugin integrations... e.g. show the last screenshots and so on) and would love to add some more:

What "bothers" me is the order of the most played games. Most played -> 7 days -> Last 30 days for me is no "logical" sorting. It should either be "7 days, 30 days, overall" or "Most played, 30 days, 7 days".

As someone with hundreds of wallpapers in windows, I really like the random background options. I would love to see a "change random background every x minutes" option or "show random backgrounds of the last x played games" or "show random backgrounds of the x most played games"

Again, thank you for this great extention and keep up the good work!

I'm happy to hear that you are enjoying StartPage Big Grin

While I do think that a news summary can be useful here, there would be no good way to "integrate" the NewsViewer extension. There currently is no interface between extensions to begin with (although something like that is planned for future versions of Playnite), and NewsViewer does not store any data locally like GameActivity and SuccessStory that I could just try to parse.
CheckDlc and ScreenshotVisualizers and trailers using the Extra Metadata extension might be possible, but I'd had to redo how the layout works first so that panels could be moved by users (which would be a pain so that is probably not happening too soon).

With v1.10.0 I addressed some of the issues, like the order of the most played games (and the option to hide them).

RE: StartPage - DishierCloud188 - 01-31-2022

I was excited for the latest update, since it seemed to have an option to hide the most played game and that both 'mp this week' and 'most played this month' were the same according tto the update's details. Now it turns out that both mp are still the same, the most played game of all time is still there but instead of being in the left it's in the right and my favorite games and latest played just dissappeared!! Can't seem to find options to enable this, please help  Sad

RE: StartPage - felixkmh - 01-31-2022

(01-31-2022, 04:34 PM)DishierCloud188 Wrote:
I was excited for the latest update, since it seemed to have an option to hide the most played game and that both 'mp this week' and 'most played this month' were the same according tto the update's details. Now it turns out that both mp are still the same, the most played game of all time is still there but instead of being in the left it's in the right and my favorite games and latest played just dissappeared!! Can't seem to find options to enable this, please help  Sad

The most played games can still be the same, depending on what you played of course. There was a bug before that just caused both the 7 and 30 days game to actually be the 7 days one.
The options for the favorites and the others are gone because I switched to a more customizable approach using shelves: each row of games now has its own settings, which you can access by clicking the little icon that shows up if you move your mouse over its label on the left.
[attachment=2163]
There you can change the label, enable filters (e.g. to only show favorites), how many games there should be, the sorting and grouping and you can extend and remove them. By default there are only presets for recently played and recently added games, but you can either change one of them to show only favorites and change the label accordingly, or you can right-click in an empty area to bring up a context menu that gives you the option to add a new shelve that you can then set up as you like.
[attachment=2164]

RE: StartPage - Gerdoner - 01-31-2022

Love the new update, keep up the good work Smile

RE: StartPage - Unreal_Ed - 02-01-2022

Love the new shelves update! One thing I'd ask though is if you could set shelves to display a certain category of games. I have one for "games I really want to play" and it'd be a good one to display on the start page to motivate me to finish my backlog

RE: StartPage - poetickatana - 02-01-2022

Great work! I love all the recent shelf and background customization options.

I'll second the request to add a "Filter By" option for each shelf. I specifically want to be able to filter by Completion Status because I have the short list of games that I want to play set to "Plan to Play". It would also be useful to filter by Category, Genres, Tags, Platforms, etc.

RE: StartPage - DishierCloud188 - 02-01-2022

(01-31-2022, 05:50 PM)felixkmh Wrote:
(01-31-2022, 04:34 PM)DishierCloud188 Wrote:
I was excited for the latest update, since it seemed to have an option to hide the most played game and that both 'mp this week' and 'most played this month' were the same according tto the update's details. Now it turns out that both mp are still the same, the most played game of all time is still there but instead of being in the left it's in the right and my favorite games and latest played just dissappeared!! Can't seem to find options to enable this, please help  :(

The most played games can still be the same, depending on what you played of course. There was a bug before that just caused both the 7 and 30 days game to actually be the 7 days one.
The options for the favorites and the others are gone because I switched to a more customizable approach using shelves: each row of games now has its own settings, which you can access by clicking the little icon that shows up if you move your mouse over its label on the left.

There you can change the label, enable filters (e.g. to only show favorites), how many games there should be, the sorting and grouping and you can extend and remove them. By default there are only presets for recently played and recently added games, but you can either change one of them to show only favorites and change the label accordingly, or you can right-click in an empty area to bring up a context menu that gives you the option to add a new shelve that you can then set up as you like.
Great, they do appear now. Thank you for the detailed explanation and sorry for being a dumbass hahahah, looking forward to next updates :D

RE: StartPage - Gerdoner - 02-01-2022

Just a suggestion, it would be great if we could have more options to sort the shelves by.
I just wanted to create a "Installed games" shelf, ordered by User Score or Critics score, but sadly that's missing in the dropdown menu.
Or I could also imagine having a shelf with installed games that I haven't played yet. A random selection would be great for that.

RE: StartPage - GERGE - 02-03-2022

Hi,

I have encountered a bug, but I don't know where te logs are for detailed information.

Ever since the last updates, I have lost my background picture. I used to keep it at "Last Played" but now it only works if I set it to "Random". I have tried to delete the extension with its data folders and reinstall it.

RE: StartPage - LefTutti - 02-03-2022

I don’t have this icon, just a blank square one placeholder 
[attachment=2169]

I had a look into the SP data folder but there aren’t any icons - or I’m blind